Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @PalmArrow Thanks for the comments :smile: I think my Sims love being back in their large house :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Simon continues to talk to Humara...

OE6brh7.jpg

Could he form a relationship with her?

8rqO6sS.jpg

If only he knows what is coming!

774PgVB.jpg

Megan goes for a swim

8BJ0rob.jpg

Warren looks as ridiculous as ever! :D

UZYfLb9.jpg

Meanwhile Stacy has found out that Nick has been looking through her phone and that he looked through the windows. She feels let down and thinks that she might have to break up with him

04kDxLH.jpg

Hana gets a promotion and she is now a representative in the political career

AVeYKsr.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    gamerplaya94gamerplaya94 Posts: 106 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 : Thanks. I was inspired by the Street Fighter games to set the fight in a place that would reflect the boys' personality an interests.
    @Brandontaylor & @MoonandStars83: Thank you. Glad you liked it.
    @PalmArrow: It's Angel City
    k657Sd0.png
  • Options
    @gamerplaya94 i think I remember those games
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

Nakita is now a teen
    5x3GT0Y.jpg
    I think she is cute, like the way she turned out
    3LSA8Bo.jpg
    She is happy that her and Barry are now both teens.
    sKFnbdh.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited July 2020
    Trying to see if I can find a "save" that I can keep going without running into "writer's block". I've got all sorts of ideas, but nothing is coming too clearly at the moment that is easy to set up. Thinking of setting up my Moonlight Falls save into a kind of a "Inappropriate Sniffing" reboot (that means starting the save over from scratch). That means a Chapter One in Sunset Valley then a switch in a later chapter to Moonlight Falls.

In other news: found this image of mine from 2013
    09-04-2013_wasthatahardlandingorwhat_rs.JPG
    ...shared on a Twitter account with only a "credit2authors" - This is one of the reasons why I hate webcrawler programs that target images. Proper attribution could have easily been done with a reverse image search on Google. ~sigh~ Although I could hit for copyright violation, it's not worth the time and the effort. Just gave her a slap on the wrist saying, "Can you please attribute the image the next time around?" If I was doing this full-time again, I probably would have had to come down harder. We have to pay for our cameras and other related expenses. And each photo we take is wear and tear on the camera leading to eventual replacement.

OK...enough of that...

Finally figured out something that I can potentially turn into a decent story (set in Moonlight Falls). I love werewolves so I'm going with that.
    IsannoJinro_LegacyoftheWerewolf.png
    Ugh... Wrong Size Header...had to redo to 940x250px.
    IsannoJinro_LegacyoftheWerewolf_940x250.png
    It will start out in Sunset Valley (Yeah, I know, it's my default world) to start out in but will quickly move to Moonlight Falls.

Between that and my original Legacy, I'm going to have my hands full.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @Evalen Nice pictures of Nikita :smile:

@Nikkei_Simmer I get writers block sometimes
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    After the misadventure with the burglar in the night, the Gant siblings slept long. It was Saturday, a day to rest and spend quality time together.
    After finally getting up and having breakfast, they wentt to the library to read skill books.

Willard Wright seemed delighted to see Gemma. She is not a celebrity (yet), so I don't know what this was about. Did the word get around that Gemma beat up a burglar?
    5EBzMMN.jpg

They studied skills for a while, and then went to have fun.
    T72ie4E.jpg

I had looked at the list of store venues to see which one would be best to place in Starlight Shores. Of course the best choice was Le Cinema Plumbob!
    Vku2PDx.jpg

They went in and bought three blue tickets.
    ZQAlAaJ.jpg

They were the only audience, but they enjoyed the film a lot.
    rAgpD8F.jpg

z2GziT7.jpg

After the film they had a little photo session on the terrace overlooking the town.
    rqqORzl.jpg

WIhhJoy.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 , Warren! I wonder what he will be up to this time!

@Nikkei_Simmer , I know the feeling of investing a lot of work and dedication in a save and not feeling like playing it! I usually then switch to a new save with very low expectations - just exploring a world, and a career or LTW I haven't played yet, with a single sim - and it brings me back into the mood for playing!

@Evalen , i agree, Nakita is cute!
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Took some pictures in-game. Surprising, I know, since long time folks here know I'm terrible at that sort of thing. I decided to do a "traditional" legacy in SV. I have other favorite worlds, but SV, I guess because it's the original, always feels like home.

So here she is, my newest creation, Joanna Hurtado (random generated). She's a good, clumsy, cat lover with a good sense of humor and really would like a family of her own. She likes indie music, pancakes, and the color turquoise.

50120522117_d2c5e454be_c.jpg

Again, I rolled for LTW and Joanna received the "World Renowned Surgeon". As a result, I put her on the medical track.

I improvised a little with the straight legacy rules. I will not have Joanna go to college (let's just assume she went to medical school LOL) or travel anywhere. The travel I'm a little iffy about, I may change that.

I deleted the horse center up on the hill. I usually do when I play SV. I delete a lot in SV (the party clubs) and replace them with temporary empty lots or adding like an apartment house to keep the game generated folks as well as the Prism art studio because I love that set.

I'm keeping the money rules. At this time, Joanna lives in a very humble house. She started with just an indoor bathroom and a firepit. I've had her scavenge for food and fish quite a bit.

Her she is roasting some of her foraging foods.

50120522082_9dc6a5fc3c_c.jpg

This is a picture of the house as I left it last night. I kept the walls down to show how tiny it is.

50119732368_a1af2858ea_c.jpg

So that's what I've been doing. I think I'm going to play a lot this evening. I'm not feeling so great. When I'm having an off day, playing SIMS 3 makes me mentally feel better.

Happy Simming everyone!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    Stacy has made the difficult decision to end the relation ship with Nick

nMkRSQe.jpg

Nick has actually been clingy and possessive with constantly expecting her time and logging into her Facebook but unlike the other girls she does not use those terms. She is feeling nervous of him though

JUL9Vsk.jpg

Nick does not take it well

4ydYLWt.jpg

He tries to force himself onto her

GJVjtmr.jpg

It did not work!

dYUvCCI.jpg

He is now guilt tripping Stacy so she quickly leaves

m9xN0FO.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited July 2020
    Haha, yikes, you guys are writing much too fast for me :smile: . Awesome stories though, and I enjoy them very much :smile: .

@PalmArrow Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with Showtime. Maybe, I will try it one day. I'm not holding my breath though. Having a film studio in Starlight Shores sounds like a good idea. Heh, some of those California cities are that boring. The glamour is mostly in our heads :smile: .
    :lol: about not getting into the groove. Maybe, he should have just used the Madonna record.
    I think those knitted patterns are my favorites. The white on blue flower pattern is very pretty, too.
    All that work for 25 simoleons. I guess those Showtime careers take a while to get going.
    Did you make that San Biaggio lot? It's so colorful.
    Yay about a burglar getting beat up twice. Often enough, they unfairly get away in my games.
    Did you enjoy the cinema?

@king_of_simcity7 Those were lovely pics from Aurora Skies.
    :lol: Was that too much snow?
    Love your new versions of your sims. They look the same but.. better?
    Dumping by phone is one of those cowardly things of the modern area, I guess. I guess it hurts even more, as you can't yell at the other person.
    I guess I don't really like the interiors of most Roaring Heights houses, as far as the layout goes. The wall patterns are awesome though.

@Silverofdreams30 I think I saw your Adam Moon on the Exchange. Still, nice pics from the past.
    That's a lovely photo shoot again. I particularly love the b&w one.

@Duvelina Great pics from the Pleasantview bunch. It's funny, but in my game of it, Cassandra never does anything. She kept to her own, even after her kid from Don Lothario had left the house.
    Ooh, you play in that horrible big house :lol: . I got rid of the bridge to change the entrance area and put some windows into the open areas. Didn't find a way to delete the bridge pillars though. I like Cassandra's makeover.
    :lol: about Morty riding the bike in his towel through the rain.

@Nikkei_Simmer :lol: When you first posted those images of the small house on the big lot, my immediate reaction was "Yeah, let's see how long this will last..."
    Great sim fu wedding pic :smiley:
    In my current game, River carries the Alvi name... because she married Iqbal :lol: (no, I'm completely innocent regarding that outcome).

@CravenLestat That story sounds eerily familiar, but nevertheless, it's a great one. And a great ghost sim, of course :smile:
    While I don't care much for outfits (yes, stone the heretic :lol: ), the stuff the game produces is atrocious. I wish the CAS would work better, especially for women. It drives me nuts. Tons of outfits I would never use and eat up half a gig of memory on loading. I guess it shows I had to spend some time in CAS during my last play sessions, and I'm still bitter.

@emorrill Lovely Harvey Penny fusion :lol:

@Karritz My IF's are always zero sliders. If there are exceptions, I personally haven't met any, and I had my share of them. Then again, it's the perfect occasion to make a completely new sim :smile: .
    Which reminds me, the quadruplets all have IF dolls in their inventories. I don't really need any more sims though.
    Regarding the green beacon, I have to ask you whether you checked that it really gives double skill gain? Not saying that it doesn't happen (this game is buggy enough), but it shouldn't happen. The green beacon is supposed to lure several town residents to your lot. In my game, it does that very consistently. In my Pleasantview game, it brought half the population onto my 20x30 lot, which got annoying, because they were using all interactive objects on the lot, eating the cake on celebrations, woohooing in the tree house and the hot tub, and whatnot. They wait for you to pull the lever of doom, and that is what is supposed to initiate the double skill gain for a duration of a few hours (4?). In addition, if they cannot route to the GSP, you get constant routing errors in town.
    Anyway, I enjoyed your last YouTube episode you uploaded sometime ago. I've watched them all so far.

@ZeeGee :lol: I guess even a garish pattern with red lips on white counts as camouflage if the wallpaper looks the same :smile: . Looks like you have fun with making patterns :smile: .

@bekkasan I have an endless row of gnome spawns in the bedroom and garden on the upper floor of the house. Funny enough, the deceased gnomes were some graduation gnomes I forgot in some inventory. Only on their death they got out into the garden.
    Heh, it's a long walk :wink: .
    Ooh, I'm really not into unicorns, but that's a very pretty picture :smile: .
    The Bwan Speedster really tells everyone "I've got enough money, yay". Usually, even my rich sims are too cheap for that one.
    You are such a tease. Then again, I know you love toddlers, and yours always look lovely. I'm already debating with myself whether I should age up my quadruplets early or play a different family until they reach that point naturally :blush: .
    Nice abduction pics. I admit I switched that off, as it happened every other night. Mostly to the plumbot though. Not sure how they probe that one.

@MoonandStars83 Thank you. Wow, Ariel and Andrew are very blue (or purple - I can't really see the difference) :smiley: .

@Brandontaylor Thank you. I'm already looking forward to my next trip to university with the family (first time with 8 at once - we'll see how that will work out. It's interesting to see yours do the same. Cori is a very pretty sim.
    Believe it or not, some of my more skilled sims had it quite difficult at university, because if you can't gain skills anymore, you'll notice that all other options to raise your performance are inferior. I hope you at least let them have some fun :wink: .

@Simsophonique Yep, the police system is a bit arbitrary. You can't complain about kleptos.

@gamerplaya94 Those sparring pics of yours are awesome :smile: .

@MamaSimTee That really is a tiny house. I haven't started from scratch in a while.

As for my game, there isn't really anything to tell, except for all the birthdays, and I'm spending lots of time in CAS. When I tried to make a pic of the overhaul for Diana (I say "tried" because I cut off the hands...), my founder Marcus Stout's youngest child with his first wife Jamie (Jolina), I noticed that Marcus and Morgana (ex-Wolff) were wearing the exact same hairstyle. Accidental partner look, I guess.
    4NeJFpS.jpg
    I guess I like that hairstyle :lol: . Now I'm debating whether I should keep that.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    @PalmArrow Is Willard Wright actually Will Wright?

@MamaSimTee Is Joanna's hair from Aura Skies? It is one of the new hairs that I got the other day when I downloaded it.

@Turjan Thanks for the comments and feedback :smile: It was not easy getting the Sims 100% the same but using the same clothes and hair helps :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Turjan Cassandra moved to that house on her own, so I went with it. I also play Alexander Goth and his million kids there in my TS2 save, so I thought that was a funny parallel.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

I´ll get to reading and replying, honest :p

Xander Clavell, a man who is evidently very secure in his manhood :D
    Those shorts...
    50120543306_738bdb5621_h.jpg
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Turjan Lol and would you mind sharing where you got Diana's hair? I've seen it in lots of pictures and always loved it but haven't been able to find it.
  • Options
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    Xander Clavell, a man who is evidently very secure in his manhood :D
    Those shorts...
    50120543306_738bdb5621_h.jpg
    Of course, he is. See what happens if you dare to say otherwise.
    SCzMMWM.jpg

• Options
    @king_of_simcity7 It may be. I think the style was marked "store" and I did the coloring.

• Options
    Last update of the day before I go to bed :smile:

It is Leisure Day and everyone has gone to the beach!

yuzPxbJ.jpg

Humara seems to be the first to get a sun tan

uCkZA05.jpg

Simon continues to get to know Humara

RUG150z.jpg

Nick feels a sense of jelousy

EpiYIF9.jpg

Why is Humara talking to Simon? Why is it that Simon gets to move on from Lola and Nick has no one now that Stacy has ended it?

TOMuWK7.jpg

It looks like he has stormed off!

N6MCqt3.jpg

I have quite a lot more beach scenes to come but I will share them tomorrow once I have decided which ones fit well :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @Turjan Lol and would you mind sharing where you got Diana's hair? I've seen it in lots of pictures and always loved it but haven't been able to find it.
    Thanks. Diana's hair is definitely from the retexture catalog. I went on a downloading spree there for most of the shorter female hairs yesterday, and it definitely has the typical thumbnail of those.

Edit: I'd say it looks like 141 Leahlilith Katuma https://simfil.es/228787/
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited July 2020

Finally got done with re-installing all my TS3 custom food mods on an external HD. But game kept CTD whenever I tried to change the script to a food generator for an ATS3 deco object. Finally tracked the issue to ATS3 Sandi's ATS3_overrides_foodmakers.package override. Which, for some obscure reason, was missing from my Overrides folder.

And for some other obscure reason, doesn't appear to be available on her site anywhere (MTS3 etc) as I googled this with no success. :( Her custom food tutorial mentions it here but nowhere to download it from her site?

https://aroundthesims3.com/infos/tips_foodmaker.html

Does anyone know where to get a copy of this override? None of her custom foods will work without it and my poor simmies are going to starve :/

Ok seems there was a background file download in process as I was typing this. My simmies are estatic this issue is resolved B)
  • Options
    Does anyone know where to get a copy of this override? None of her custom foods will work without it and my poor simmies are going to starve :/
    It's directly the first link in the "Direct Links to download" section on the page you linked.
    https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/images/drinks/ATS3_overrides_foodmakers.zip

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Turjan about the green flame. One of the reasons I'm using it in this game is to see if it increases the speed at which they gain skill. It seemed to be more than double the speed though. And it is calling lots of townies to the lot. The result is highly amusing but I'm fencing off the lot anyway. Now I have the green flame I need to do a bit of skill building to find out if they do learn faster with it or if it was just in Donna's game. I've never noticed the effect before but I don't usually bother with the flame. The only reason they had a green flame in Donna's household was one of the sims did it autonomously. Then I noticed the toddlers were learning things almost 3 times faster. Not that I actually timed any of it and each sim tends to learn at different speeds depending on traits. But the toddlers were getting potty trained by just one use of the potty when I usually have to do it 2 or 3 times. And then I noticed other sims were learning other things a lot faster too and that green flame was the only explanation I could think of. So I've now got another green flame in another game and I will watch and see if it seems to speed up their learning. I don't have any toddlers left for now though but Cindy will be starting to have her babies soon enough and I'll check it then.
  • Options
    @Karritz Interesting. That would be a very useful bug. I usually have the green flame on when I use the GSP, because I let one sim immediately prime it again after he "connected to the hivemind" when pulling the lever of doom, because that gives the sim who does that double the science skill gain. I never noticed the flame effect though, probably because the double plusses don't show.
  • Options
    @Turjan Yes, I'm starting from scratch. I know you've probably glanced at some of my posts where I talk about my lack of building skills. I think, at least for the time being, if I start from scratch, I could come up with something nice. I have in the past (and dopey me never saved the files). Here's hoping I manage to build a nice lot over time now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top