Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winter Retreat game pack?

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    When does the 6 months ends? I can't wait to know what will be the new gp!

September is the final month.

Thank you for answering. So these are going to be busy months :)
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Yes, I could see a winter resort GP and hopefully with the ability to own/manage the resorts. I hope they also add a summer vacation world too. I love Sulani but wished it was bigger.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    Update: Thank you to Pixelade for making a video on this thread/theory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US_lmEgtDTA&t=11s
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think we're getting an ice world with ice hole fishing. Maybe Alaska inspired. There's this picture the sims can paint that has an ice world with a big ice hole and ice bergs. I wouldn't take that as a hint, but looking at all the pictures, in retrospect, there are quite a lot that have themes from game packs and EPs.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think we're getting an ice world with ice hole fishing. Maybe Alaska inspired. There's this picture the sims can paint that has an ice world with a big ice hole and ice bergs. I wouldn't take that as a hint, but looking at all the pictures, in retrospect, there are quite a lot that have themes from game packs and EPs.

Hope they bring the ice lounge back and ice furniture.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    If September is the final month how are they going to time the pack with winter?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    edited July 2020
    If September is the final month how are they going to time the pack with winter?

Seasons came out in June (not this year) and it has snow so I don't see why they couldn't release a Winter Themed Gamepack in September besides Fall starts in September.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited July 2020
    I feel the picture of the baby and dog maybe another hint at a winter world because of the dog breed. I think that's a Saint Bernard. Research the location where that breed is from. It makes sense to me.
    Post edited by SnaveXs on

Seasons came out in June (not this year) and it has snow so I don't see why they couldn't release a Winter Themed Gamepack in September besides Fall starts in September.

Ehm the difference though between 4 Seasons and a pack fully focused on winter is pretty obvious I think. Seasons had 4 different seasons, they had to choose one to release it. I mean they can release anything at any time they want but they usually like to time their packs with real life is what I'm trying to say.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Because I don’t think it’s going to be a Gamepack. It’s not part of the roadmap. If it includes resorts, it will be an EP and released at the same time as DU last year. Which was mid-November.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    If they are planning on releasing a winter GP, they better work on that snow to give it depth in all game.. Snow not having any depth still triggers me.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited July 2020
    Apparently it was done in ts1 so it is not the next game pack since that one is said to be a first. It couldbe an EP or a GP depending on the features they are adding.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Watch out the Sims Community is asking for a Winter retreat pack.. We all know how well EA actually listens to their customers ;)
    That means we'll get, maybe.. a "Cloud Watchin is fun!" EP
    For $39.99+tax, your sims can now look at clouds and try to find fun shapes!
    This *new* overly hyped up pack will include...
    Moving clouds! (because they certainly did not move before this EP)
    a Bunch or recolored existing objects
    10 Chairs
    Recycled animations !
    2 traits that won't effect sims what-so-ever!
    and endless new bugs that will render the game unplayable!
    Yay! Take my money now EA!
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Update: Thank you to Pixelade for making a video on this thread/theory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US_lmEgtDTA&amp;t=11s

Im sorry, but Pixelade is full of it. He's nothing but a storyteller who dreams up S4 content to get views.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Watch out the Sims Community is asking for a Winter retreat pack.. We all know how well EA actually listens to their customers ;)
    That means we'll get, maybe.. a "Cloud Watchin is fun!" EP
    For $39.99+tax, your sims can now look at clouds and try to find fun shapes!
    This *new* overly hyped up pack will include...
    Moving clouds! (because they certainly did not move before this EP)
    a Bunch or recolored existing objects
    10 Chairs
    Recycled animations !
    2 traits that won't effect sims what-so-ever!
    and endless new bugs that will render the game unplayable!
    Yay! Take my money now EA!

I wish someone from EA could see this. This is exactly what they do.
  • ZinomanZinoman Posts: 14 New Member
    If they do a winter themed vacation pack I hope the main focus is something else than new winter activities because then I'd get a feeling that why was this not included in seasons. If the main focus is running a hotel for example then it's alright.
    Zinoman wrote: »
    If they do a winter themed vacation pack I hope the main focus is something else than new winter activities because then I'd get a feeling that why was this not included in seasons. If the main focus is running a hotel for example then it's alright.

Pretty sure hotels will be coming in a Winter Pack but I don't know if they'd be the main focus. I'd still hope we can place them in any world. The main focus I think would be more snow activities.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I really don't want the winter world to be a vacation world. I want my Sims to be able to live in there.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    January 2020 survey
    Gameplay
    • Go on an outing - Take a group on a day trip such as a family pool day or a mountain climb.
    • Own a second home - Buy another lot and set up your home away from home.
    • Design and run a resort - Care for guests, manage employees, and become a 5-star resort.
    • Define your Sim’s lifestyle - Choose your Sims’ activity level, social preferences, habits, etc.
    • Vacation at a resort - Take your Sims on a splendid vacation to a luxury hotel.

Snow activities
    • Downhill skiing
    • Cross-country skiing
    • Sledding
    • Ice fishing
    • Ice skating on a pond
    • Snowshoeing
    • Mountain climbing
    • Snowboarding
    • Snowmobiling
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited July 2020
    I think the new GP is a go to school like GP or farming as both were never done before. TS3 farming was not real farming.
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I really don't want the winter world to be a vacation world. I want my Sims to be able to live in there.

Maybe this will be when we get the update to have more then one home.

Let's hope so cause I really wanna get me a vacation home in Sulani without moving there.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

That would be awesome.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2020
    Winter is in different months in different places anyway so they can never "time the pack with winter" in every country, whenever they released it.

Winter in NZ officially began on the 21st of June and will end on the 23rd of September so if it released in September it would still be "timed with winter" in NZ :p
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    they could release a winter pack in summer if they wanted to, i dont care. its a fictional world.