Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    None of the links work. Either the page doesn't load at all or nothing happens. :(
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

• Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    None of the links work. Either the page doesn't load at all or nothing happens. :(

Strange, went to try and everything works fine for me.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • eyurieyuri Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, you can access the website, but nothing is working right now.
    As far I can see you can't add, edit or delete anything without the site looping
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    eyuri wrote: »
    Yes, you can access the website, but nothing is working right now.
    As far I can see you can't add, edit or delete anything without the site looping

I just checked and am not having this problem. Try changing browsers, maybe?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • eyurieyuri Posts: 2 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I just checked and am not having this problem. Try changing browsers, maybe?

Nope, Tried Internet Explorer, Chrome & firefox. Can't edit or delete only one I can edit is the one I completed a few months ago XD
    It's like the site stops responding or crashing when attempting to edit
    Maybe something in the coding on the site is causing newly created careers not to be created?
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Does anyone know how I assign tasks to career levels?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > (Quote)
    >

Nope, Tried Internet Explorer, Chrome & firefox. Can't edit or delete only one I can edit is the one I completed a few months ago XD
    Maybe something in the coding on the site is causing newly created careers not to be created?

Strange. I created a new career a couple of weeks ago. I hope your issue gets resolved!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    edited July 2020
    nvm - got it :)
    Post edited by SimKonfetti on
    >

I am experiencing the exact same thing.
    edited July 2020
    There's a glitch with the tool where one of my branches in my career duplicated itself three times. I can't just delete the other branches, as when I edit one it affects all the other branches of the same name so deleting one will delete them all. None of the other named branches in my career have this issue but one does and it's screwing up everything, even in game it messes up the photos and icons for each branch of the career.

Yep, exact problem - it happens when you change the icon and pictures again after uploading them for a first time. Problem: picture and icon also tend to "disappear" (but obviously not really because when you reupload them, the tool acts like you uploaded it for the second time and duplicates the branch)... I feel like the tool can't really handle too many branches very well.
    Yup - there is definitely something messed up with uploading the icon and picture. Just uploaded both again (after reattempting to create this career for the 3523525 time because the tool wouldn't let me again and again by duplicating) - and voilà, it duplicated the main track 100 times!

Screenshot (sry for the German, it basically means "clinical psychology"):

H60PPX1.jpg
    Now I can't even create a new career. The main track isn't named and I can't edit it (blank page when clicking on "edit"). There must be something buggy going on there. I'll try tomorrow, hope it works then... :)
    edited July 2020
    Unfortunately, the problem persists. I can't even delete the career, it gives me an internal server error and afterwards the site loads forever. I am really sad, I would have liked to finish the career :(

Edit - several minutes later:
    Now the site doesn't load anymore at all for me, creating a new career doesn't work at all anymore like yesterday. When it works, it creates an unnamed main track and you can't go edit and name it (blank page).

I even tried several different browsers and deleted my Cache and Cookies in case it's me. But it's not me, there is something buggy going on there. I even tried creating a new account in case it's my account that's bugged. But that didn't work either.

I will have to wait until the problem is fixed.
  • katalystsimskatalystsims Posts: 1 New Member
    i have a question:
    after you have made your custom career, is it possible to use the careers.promote [careername] command for your custom career? and if so, how do i know which word to replace [careername] with? and thank you neia for this amazing tool💌
  • Allinxter_910Allinxter_910 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Marduc_Plays said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Strange, went to try and everything works fine for me.

> @luthienrising said:
    > (Quote)
    >

No offense, but answering "Huh, this does not happen to me" does not help a lot.

Same issue is happening to me, can't do anything without getting a blank page or an indefinite loop that ends in a 500 error.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    @Allinxter_910

No offense bud, but actually it does, it says it wasn't a general problem of the page that day. Sad to hear it doesn't work for you, but don't take your frustration out on me, especially not when my post was over a month ago. Better try @Neia as the mod author so she might look into it.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • FlaminghostFlaminghost Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm not even able to login. It keeps saying the I have invalid information. Am I doing something wrong?
  • fabricii7fabricii7 Posts: 1 New Member
    hello all, I've made a couple of careers but for some reason the texts in game don't appear. Everything else works. Anyone knows a fix for this?
  • baveigarbaveigar Posts: 8 New Member
    I need help with exporting and testing my mod.

I followed every step of the tutorial posted in modthesims (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=611227&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments) but got stuck at step #14:

"In the search bar on the Taskbar of your computer's desktop screen (right next to the start button, or found by clicking the start button) type: "cmd" and enter. Do not use quotation marks in this or any other type instructions that follow.
    In the black box type: "import YourUserName_Careers_CareerName.py" (example import Simmiller_Careers_AirlineEmployee.py) and enter. This is the exact name of the .py file from step 13 that you put in C://Python37 (or wherever you have Python on your computer).

NOTE: You may see an error response in the cmd box after completing this step. You can ignore this error if the correct file shows, as described in step 15.

📷 If using cmd to run Python results in the .py file not being imported into your _pycache_ folder, close the cmd window and go directly into your Python folder, where you have it installed. Click on the Python.exe file, then import your .py file."

I have tried what someone else suggested down in the comments. When I type " I type "import Baveigar_Careers_ClinicalPsychologist.py" in either the command prompt or straight into python.exe, I get this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    File "C:\Python37\Baveigar_Careers_ClinicalPsychologist.py", line 2, in <module>
    import services
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'services'

So I cannot finish because step #14 doesn't work for me.
  • qiaqia1921212qiaqia1921212 Posts: 1 New Member
    how to do it?
  • baveigarbaveigar Posts: 8 New Member
    How do I reset my password? I don't remember the password and I am unable to log in on another browser even though the username and password is apparently set.
  • foxezpawzfoxezpawz Posts: 3 New Member
    Any thoughts on a university degree creator tool..? Wasn't sure where to look to but to the create-a-career tool creator. : :'(
  • Penny25090Penny25090 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @fabricii7 said:
    > hello all, I've made a couple of careers but for some reason the texts in game don't appear. Everything else works. Anyone knows a fix for this?

Hi I'm having the same problem. What could I be doing wrong?
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    There was that September 3rd patch. It affected everything that includes rabbit holes. So that's why our careers do not work anymore. We will have to wait for Neia to repair the tool and make a new commons package, and afterward, we will have to download our careers again, put the package together again, change the .py again, and, all in all, put all that together with Neia's new Commons.package into a ZIP file. As always after patches that destroy careers. So, wait, see, drink a nice cup o' whatever. :wink:
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    baveigar wrote: »
    How do I reset my password? I don't remember the password and I am unable to log in on another browser even though the username and password is apparently set.

Normally it is enough to send a PN to Neia and ask for letting you reset the password. At the moment, she seems busy, but do not give up, I bet she will be online again somewhen. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top