Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winter-themed EP - CONFIRMED

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    But wait how would this game pack be a "major first" then?

I actually commented on that 5 posts up... ;)

I swear I normally read the threads πŸ˜† thanks.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

:D
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited July 2020

If it's got sleds/sledges in it and snow we could be making a visit to the North Pole to visit Santa Claus/Father Winter or whoever they call him. ;)>:) Now that would be a major first!

Sorry, I think self-isolation is getting to me. :#:'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Themeparks,Space Pack etc.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I feel the Saint Bernard dog breed is a hint to what kind of world is coming. Just google where that dog breed is from. The thought bubble with the baby and dog could very well be about a winter location theme game pack.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    @SnaveXs wrote: Β»
    I feel the Saint Bernard dog breed is a hint to what kind of world is coming. Just google where that dog breed is from. The thought bubble with the baby and dog could very well be about a winter location theme game pack.

I thought the dog with the baby in the speech bubble is a big Golden Retriever or Labrador. Typical family dog.
    The Saint Bernhard has a different pattern. But you could be right.
    edited July 2020
    It's that word "major" that bugs me. Maxis always has an ulterior motive for the messages they give us. What pack would "major" mean?

undergraduate history major πŸ‘ (Universities done).

In music, a major scale

The Majors are groups of professional sports teams that compete against each other, especially in American baseball. A Major is an important sporting competition, especially in golf or tennis.

A large or important company eg. the oil majors, major record or film company

A person who has reached the age of legal majority

Military - an officer immediately junior to a lieutenant colonel. (I see that SimGuruGraham put some airforce personnel and planes in his Twitter header for StrangerVille).

:D Left completely in the dark then. :s
  • flowersspringflowersspring Posts: 27 Member
    i feel like they would not go as far to say "major first" if it was something that has been done in past sims games. they know the reaction would be bad if they said "major first" and gave us winter vacation pack for example. yeah, we've never had a pack solely dedicated to a winter vacation, but vacation destinations are not a "major first" and we already have winter in the game because of seasons. also we had resorts and snowboarding in the sims 3. literally nothing would be new.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Actually, there's a slight variation between the Youtube trailer - which has the sled, and the Facebook/Instagram/Twitter trailer - which has the school.

Otherwise the two trailers are identical, as far as I could see

Plumbob Pictures is trolling us.

Maybe we'll get an active school pack in the Fall, and then a winter getaway pack in the Winter?
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    Hint or not - sooo many simmers want a winter themed EP or GP, so it would surprise me if we didn’t get one at some point ^^ They also need to fix (or shall I say add...) sim-personalities and improved relationships. Then I’ll be a happy simmer! ^^’
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I think it's odd that they'd reminisce about sledding, especially in a trailer.
    The team knows how much the community speculates, so why wouldn't they choose something the sims already can do, like play chess or paint?
    I think it has a 65% chance of being a hint :D
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited July 2020
    The other memories were :
    • First bike (no bike for children)
    • Baseball
    • Hoop rolling
    • Joystick/Arcade
    • Sundae

None of them are in the game

9geh88449zec.jpgaue86bi6qphk.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    The other memories were :
    • the first bike (no bike for children)
    • baseball
    • Play with hoop and stick
    • Joystick/Arcade
    • Sundae

None of them are in the game

Neither is the baby interacting with the dog. There was also a donut and a big building with a tower clock.
    edited July 2020
    There was also a donut and a big building with a tower clock.

Baking skill can do donuts in EP01 Get To Work
    The big building with a tower clock is a school
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Has anyone noticed how the guru reacted to the 'winter' memory in the livestream? He was naming packs as the memories showed up and when the 'winter' one appeared he made a pause and very suspicious smile... and then he said 'yeah there are a lot of packs there...'
    Hmmm i think this pack is gonna be a reality:)
    Has anyone noticed how the guru reacted to the 'winter' memory in the livestream? He was naming packs as the memories showed up and when the 'winter' one appeared he made a pause and very suspicious smile... and then he said 'yeah there are a lot of packs there...'

He also hinted at bunk beds in another livestream a long time ago. If they are working on a winter pack, I don't think it's going to be released anytime soon. He also seemed very nervous throughout the stream so I wouldn't take his smiles as a hint of any kind.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

He also hinted at bunk beds in another livestream a long time ago. If they are working on a winter pack, I don't think it's going to be released anytime soon. He also seemed very nervous throughout the stream so I wouldn't take his smiles as a hint of any kind.

Oh too bad... i was dreaming already πŸ˜… anyway that are themes i want more than winter. I just hope one of my faves comes out soon :)
    edited July 2020
    Nifty knitting might be a good way of introducing a medieval pack sometime. We've got the wool, which was a major trade in those times, so we could have the sheep, small farms, markets, the spinning wheels, a woollen trade and even a royal story theme linked with it, with castles and hovels etc. Lots of stuff to knit there and lots of itchy clothes! Those Eco-lifestyle insect farms could add a silk worm one for the royals too.

Why do we Simmers have to get the best ideas, I ask myself. Perhaps a Sims 5 (if there is going to be one) could just provide building blocks and we could make up our own games, all different. <3
    edited July 2020
    You will notice the memories were about the childhood.
    After GP05 Parenthood, the hint could be a Childhood GP. We also know they think about an American High School themed pack.

In SP17 Nifty Knitting Stuff, the adult can teach children to knit. More Adult-Child interactions could come.

Yes I noticied.
    Remember after a sim had birds in their though pattern Backyard Stuff came out 1 month later and our sims could feed the birds.
    The Penguin and Winter Clothing and Accessories in Niffty Knitting are hints I think.
    The Penguin and Winter Clothing and Accessories in Niffty Knitting are hints I think.

What about Grimmy and the octopus?
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member

What about Grimmy and the octopus?

A Simguru also tweeted a picture of an anglerfish from the game with the caption 'There is something unique about this one.'