Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS5 being announced soon?

124...Next

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    No, TS5 won't be annouced anytime soon
    The fanboyism between TS3 and TS4 is too strong on this thread, what was supposed to be a promising thread talking about TS5 release date discussion turning into heated debate. Sad.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited July 2020
    I wouldn't mind if they announced it for 2024 or 5 now though. It'll give some Simmers something to look forward to and we can all relax! <3
  • KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    The fanboyism between TS3 and TS4 is too strong on this thread, what was supposed to be a promising thread talking about TS5 release date discussion turning into heated debate. Sad.

Yeah sadly :(.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member

It is sad isnt it.. Especially when we are all simmers.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member

Yeah sadly :(.

That should be in the Franchise discussion as maybe this one should be too. ❓
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Yes, it will be annouced within 1 year (by mid-2021)

I agree. We are all simmers, it does not matter which game we like the most or if we are looking forward to the next sims game or like playing the old games...

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    That's steam and online, when I bought the sims 3 I knew nothing about steam and bought most of the cds in stores and the games are still at 19.99 plus the expansions. A lot people still prefer to buy physical copies of a game instead digital download and will grab what is the closet to them unless they have no choice but to buy offline.

LOL are you seriously suggesting that TS3 only went on sale online and not in stores?

Don't forget TS3 EPs were originally $40 each. The $20 permanent price reduction applied to physical copies as well. Think TS4 EPs are on sale too often? TS3 EPs were literally on sale permanently for 50% off just after a few short years.

Into The Future was permanently reduced to $20 in less than one year. 5.5 years later Get to Work's full price is still $40 :D

pJw1SE1.png
    Did you forget that sims 4 just copy and pasted the conservation career out island living just to make eco lifestyles and slapped 40 dollar price tag on it?

Oh really then I guess TS3 just copy & pasted the time machine & SimBots from Ambitions and made it Into The Future & slapped 40 dollar price tag on it.
    For the 20th birthday they gave you a recolored hot tub and have snatched a lot decor items and clothing out packs and recolored them so you cant call out sims 2 or 3 for that when sims 4 is doing the same.

Oh really I didn't realize a few recolored items are the same thing as a $20 pack. How generous of EA to give us a whole game pack worth of content for free :D
    And yes the color wheel and open world were great innovations even though they had issues

Just because something wasn't in TS1/TS2 does NOT mean it's an innovation. If that were the case, TS4 would have tons of innovation as there are many, many features in TS4 that were not in TS1/TS2/TS3.

Open world and color wheel were not innovations just for the simple fact that they had been done to death in other games. Innovations require new, original, and unique ideas. TS3 meanwhile was just copying other games. Even games from the 90s had open world and/or color wheel. TS3 was late to the party, and yet still implemented them so horribly and caused so many issues to the point EA had to remove them in TS4. The whole thing was just a complete failure.
    Compared to sims 4. The sims 2 and 3 were definitely not lacking in sales when they were first released and sold millions within their first days/week of released and still selling. The sims 4 are no were close if wasnt for the game constantly going on sale, been given away for free, and dropped in price multiple times throughout its 6 years of life.

TS4 has generated the most revenue of any Sims game at close to $1.5 billion. Your excuse "but but TS4 was on sale and given for free!!" doesn't even matter as copies on sale don't generate as much revenue, and free copies don't generate revenue at all.

Oh and don't forget both TS2 and TS3 were on sale all the time and had price reduced more times than TS4. Even 6 years later EA has only permanently reduced TS4 base game's price from $60 and $40. Meanwhile TS3 base game and all TS3 EPs were permanently reduced to $20 in a much shorter span of time.

I never said the game doesn't go on in sale in stores and it's not an excuse, sims 4 has gone on sale and dropped in price multiple times to bump up sales and that's a fact. They gave the game away as free demo at one point, I remember cause I played it. Trying to say they weren't innovative really doesn't make sense cause during that time the color wheel and open for the sims WAS unique and original. The issues of open world and the color wheel doesn't stop them from being great ideas that help expand the game even though it was produced poorly. If something doesn't work well you don't take two steps back or throw it away, you improve them which is something Ea could have done and should have done in sims 4 but chose not to is simple cutting corners.
    giphy.gif

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    As Andrew said the TS4 community keep on growing year after year, so The Sims 4 is extended by 5 or 6 years
    1. 2014
    2. 2015 (64-bit)
    3. 2016
    4. 2017 (Console)
    5. 2018
    6. 2019 (Rebranded) (Legacy Edition and 64-bit only/macOS Catalina)
    7. 2020 (Steam)
    8. 2021
    9. 2022
    10. 2023
    11. (2024) ???

Yes, they've already said that there's years left and that was what 6 mnts ago.

it was two months ago that they said that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't think there will be an announcement in 2021.
    Too many polls and surveys and expectations still from the fans of Sims 4. And yes we are here, we play and we spend.. and some of us have been simmers since the first game even! I know right? Amazeballs! Although really as an older simmer I am well aware my money doesn't spend any better than a younger simmers does and frankly I'm not more deserving than a new simmer because I've been here longer.
    With the live service and patching and all the still possible pack themes to come out... just no, sorry. There is too many possibles to be added. That's not me just being hopeful either although personally I'd love it to continue til 2025. I'm just really certain it will be still going strong with packs coming out in 2021... and I really think beyond that even possibly till 2023.
    People still want so many themes brought to this game .. new and old concepts even. Just look at the forums and twitter. Lots of expectations and wishes out there. We still don't have a number of things that can be added into this game. It still runs super smooth and can handle it too.
    Keep your seatbelts buckled ... more of the same threads and arguments since 2014. Heck, if I would have believed people then I'd have thought the game was going to crash and burn the next year out of sheer embarrassment for actually being. Now... 6 years later still going strong huh?
    Guess we wait and see.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

Well cause someone had to go and call The Sims 3 embarrassing...
    But yeah in my opinion let's move on. The Sims 4's age is showing
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sure,people would love to see Sims 4 go on to 2025 and beyond,but let's be realistic here: the Sims 4 engine is starting to show its age....look at how many bugs and glitches keep piling on now. The game engine might last until sometime in 2021 or early 2022,then the game engine will break.

And even IF the game engine managed to run until 2025,how many people would still be playing Sims 4 by then? How many people would of switched to Paralives or some other life sim because they got fed up with more years of shallow gameplay and constant bugs and glitches?

Sims 4 has been around for 6 years now,and I see more and more people going back to Sims 3, Sims 2 and even Sims 1. Why? Because Sims 1-3 has more gameplay and the Sims have much more personality. Those games have a LOT of content and a LOT of different things to do. Sims 4 has shallow Sims with no personalities and there's hardly anything interesting to do. We just keep getting the same old boring gyms,boring libraries and boring bars plunked into every new pack that comes out.

It's time to move on. Let Sims 4 end in late 2021 or early 2022and let EA put out Sims 5. I have a feeling that Sims 5 is going to be 100 times better than Sims 4.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited July 2020
    We can speculate that it's recently gone into production, because SimGuruGrant got moved to a new Sims project and is no longer on Sims 4. But that was a pretty recent change, and it takes a few years to make a game, and with everyone having to work from home b/c of the pandemic, that's probably going to slow down the production even more.

We've had a leak from a shareholder that they're thinking of adding online gameplay to Sims 5. That's really all we know so far. EA was just sharing some info. to their investors to get funding for the game's development. We weren't supposed to know about that. So my guess is that it's still in early stages of development. It's going to be quite a while before it's actually announced.

Also, I would assume they will wait for PS5 to come out, and for whatever the next gen of xbox is going to be, before releasing the game. They'll probably release it on all platforms from the get go, since they worked so hard to get Sims 4 console players caught up to PC releases.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    DrGluon said it is probably in production too. He plans on playing it along with Paralives.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    If sims 5 is announced next year, it will be towards the end of the year. But I think 2022 is more likely, or maybe even later. If I remember correctly the devs said they still have a lot of content for sims 4 planned. The surveys this year suggests the same. I expect sims 4 to stick around for a while.

I don't mind if they take their time, I rather have a complete game than another stripped down version like the initial sims 4.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    From the trailer, I saw recently the release date is in Nov. of next year. However, I would hope if there are problems the release date would be later rather than on time. Sims 4 has taught me that EA would rather put out a release on time than take the time to put out a mind-blowing game later than planned. Personally I would rather wait and EA tweaks it out making sure there is a minimum number of problems and bugs.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I am taking their word regarding this that they are planning for ts4 to last for more years. I dont expect ts5 to see the light anytime sooner than 2023.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    @drakharis wrote: »
    From the trailer, I saw recently the release date is in Nov. of next year.

Care to elaborate on this? Where exactly did you find that information?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    From the trailer, I saw recently the release date is in Nov. of next year. However, I would hope if there are problems the release date would be later rather than on time. Sims 4 has taught me that EA would rather put out a release on time than take the time to put out a mind-blowing game later than planned. Personally I would rather wait and EA tweaks it out making sure there is a minimum number of problems and bugs.

There are no Sims 5 trailers, that would have been fake.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

Where did you watch this 'trailer' ? It's really easy to spot a fake trailer for a game you know.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited July 2020
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Those were def fake. They use clips from some show.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member

If you can't find it on the official The Sims EA site, then it's not official. Or at least their offical youtube channel. Who is ElectronicGames BETA? :lol:
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited July 2020
    @drakharis wrote: »
    I saw it on Youtube ad while watch Murder Makeup Monday

Don't believe everything you see regarding The Sims. Unless it's directly coming from EA/Maxis, it's more than likely fake or no more than speculation.
    Also, the art styles are very different from one another. It's a good indicator this isn't official.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    If you look on about for the channel it says... All Trailers are Fan Made and for entertainment purposes. But they are getting lots of hits so not a bad plan to get views.
    egTcBMc.png