Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post Sims Summer Screenshots

Comments

• SarahLou372SarahLou372 Posts: 112 Member
    edited July 2020
    @sillyangel0906 beautiful summer photos! <3 Your graphics are like... ultra very nice! How do you get the graphics so good and crisp clear??

Also I've noticed some of you guys have photos without the plumbob above your sims how do you do this???

:):)
    ...**~ThePinkPlumbob~**...
    50098910897_98e2501452_o.jpg
  • GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    @mcrudd Where is your last photo taken? Gnomes in the water? Tenting beside the pool(?) in what looks like Oasis Springs? Sand snowman? Did you build this lot? Amazing!
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member

Also I've noticed some of you guys have photos without the plumbob above your sims how do you do this???

To take a photo without the plumbob showing, you can either zoom in close enough that the plumbob isn’t in the frame, or switch control to a sim that isn’t in the photo before you take the screenshot ;)

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited July 2020
    @sillyangel0906 beautiful summer photos! <3 Your graphics are like... ultra very nice! How do you get the graphics so good and crisp clear

You can also use the cheat “headlineeffects off” this will remove it completely so you can have all sims in the photo without it, just type the same cheat but with “on” to get it back.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2020
    @sillyangel0906 beautiful summer photos! <3 Your graphics are like... ultra very nice! How do you get the graphics so good and crisp clear??

To make the plumbob invisible I go to the game files (Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin) and open Default.ini with notepad. Go to where it says [Plumbob] and change the numbers to the far right on each line (only the last numbers) so that they all say zero. Then the plumbob will be invisible in the game.

6PH8c1x.png
    You have to do this change every time they release a new patch.

I also use reshade to tweak the color and the graphics settings. It's a program that you can use for PC (not for Mac) which will run together with the sims4. In order to use it you often need a preset, I use Soft Dreams by Whiisker she also has some tutorials on how to get started. Most of my screenshots are that preset which I have changed and made different versions of.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2020
    amp107 wrote: »
    @mcrudd I've never noticed before that there could be an actual shark swimming alongside our sims; I'm going to have to pay more attention next time I send my sim swimming around. Awesome screenshot!
    My sim had the child of island and ocean traits, I wonder if that had anything to do with it. She also never got a negative moodlet about sharks and never freaked out if she saw them ;)
    @mcrudd Where is your last photo taken? Gnomes in the water? Tenting beside the pool(?) in what looks like Oasis Springs? Sand snowman? Did you build this lot? Amazing!

It was for a Christmas day challenge https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16230979#Comment_16230979 way back in 2017. We had to share a screenshot of our holiday decorations, so I made that lot quickly in Oasis Springs to show of a Kiwi Christmas since we have ours in Summer. I could try and recreate it for you, it was more like a camping out for Christmas type lot ;)

edit to add ;)

@GwastenMica I actually did upload the lot, just couldn't remember since it was so many moons ago LOL. You can find it here, its called Down Under Christmas :)

GsgWWLD.png
    Post edited by mcrudd on
    @logion Beautiful summer photos! <3 I love the effect you have on the photo how do you do this?

@Kita5399 Thank you for the tip! Does this just cut it our for screenshots or for the gameplay too??

My sim Maia :) By the way the guy sim in the photo floated in the sea while she was sunbathing naked on the whale float and was staring and smiling the whole time! :o Now everywhere my sim went on the beach he followed her, not sure weather that should be flattering or creepy :#
    50117891478_08870d8aaa_h.jpg
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member

Thank you! I am able to play the game with Ultra graphics and I do a tiny bit of editing outside the game because the screenshots, most of the time, do not do justice to how good my game looks. I usually just add a bit of contrast and sharpening.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
    @SarahLou372 it will cut it out for both until you turn it back on, or reload the game. Just an FYI it also removes the ability to hover over other Sims to see their ages/names.
    Thank you :)<3
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Liberty Day Concert!
    Rising Teen Star:
    of0bkzf.jpg

YA Global Superstar
    45FQ9Ro.jpg
    tLLP2yS.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    edited July 2020
    @SarahLou372 If you want to keep the plumbob while you are playing but remove it while taking pictures, you can just use this cheat:

headlineeffects off

This will remove the plumbob, the speech and thought balloons, the skill progress bar etc. so you can take nice looking pictures. When you're done just type this cheat:

headlineeffects on

and all will be restored to normal.

Back on topic... in spite of the strange weather caused by [redacted] the residents and tourists of Strangerville enjoyed Summer Fun Day.

229-Summer-Fun-Day.jpg

230-Nice-relaxing-day.jpg

Even Ted looked pretty excited.

235-He-looks-a-little-too-happy.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    Everyone's posts are truly amazing.
    @GlacierSnow I love you summer photos <3 Is the rare plant from the strangerville pack?? Also I like how you have the water feature in the middle of your swimming pool how can I do this please??
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    edited July 2020
    @SarahLou372 Thanks for your compliment! :smiley: The weird plant is indeed part of the Strangerville mystery. The pack has been out for who knows how long and I still haven't fully completed the mystery for the first time. :lol: I'm probably about three quarters of the way through.

The pool lot is actually one I downloaded from the gallery, so I am not 100% certain what they did without opening up the game to take a look at it. But I have done similar things by creating an island in the center and then putting a large object (such as a fountain or the Get Famous pirate ship set etc) on the island. There are a couple different ways you can do that, but at this link, they describe one method (down toward the bottom of the page): https://simsvip.com/2014/11/06/the-sims-4-pool-guide/

Depending on what the object is and how big it is you might need to use the moveobjects cheat to place your object on the island.

The fountain in this particular lot looks like a combination made from multiple items from the Romantic Garden stuff pack, using the moveobjects cheat to assemble it. For this lot the builder made pretty heavy use of the moveobjects cheat to get all the plants and objects around the pool edge.

__

Edit: I said "toward the bottom" of the page for the instructions on making a pool island, but it's actually more like about a third of the way down the page.
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Here are some older ones, it’s winter in my game now lol
    hGNDQL1.pngeIZncjn.png
    xSwwEve.png
    wg3RezR.png
    0DNKt95.png
    Omg! The sparklers!! Is this a mod or in game feat? I’ve never seen before. Sooo awesome!!

Kita5399 wrote: »
    Here are some older ones, it’s winter in my game now lol
    Omg! The sparklers!! Is this a mod or in game feat? I’ve never seen before. Sooo awesome!!

They are from city living, you can buy them from the stalls at the festivals (or get from buy debug).
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Afternoon nap in the garden. :)

fcLWoPp.png
  • WintermuteWintermute Posts: 36 Member
    Summer in Sulani.

https://imgur.com/5L6Cskm

https://imgur.com/8tF1iXP
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Wish I was there...
    08-08-20_5-55-26%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

This is Claire and her daughter, some sims from a very very old save.
    08-08-20_6-07-37%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

Besties with Elsa Bjergsen:
    08-08-20_8-23-07%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

08-08-20_8-23-40%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Some Labor Day fun from my Cantrell family:
    Team One: Joseph Cantrell, Sr., Aaron, the eldest child and the only daughter, Brianna
    Zf2lXVE.jpg

Team Two: Louise Cantrell; her teen Rock Star son, Erik, doing the taunting and Joey, Jr.
    2FCXQV7.jpg

Back on his feet, Joseph lets a fat water balloon fly.
    kfD5Dnm.jpg
    "I told you not to taunt your father like that."
    T2o0prZ.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    edited August 2020
    A Summer wedding

2E7R8SM.png

qdw6nY7.png

CaT2CXx.png

6xmDDRC.png

Jz29mzr.png

xLFdzSO.png

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    "Do I look cool in my hot weather outfit?"