Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Port La Forks Revisted (Updating Published World - Work in Progress)

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    GLachailleGLachaille Posts: 172 Member
    edited September 2013
    Okay - so Flickr came back, so I can access the images I uploaded earlier this week and share them with you.

I realized I didn't have any images of Forks aside from the main road through town -- so ...

There are a few residential areas in Forks proper -- "older town," the not-yet-named, modernish sub-division I shared months ago, the Sherwood sub-division, the agricultural area.

For the older area, built around the downtown area -- its a traditional neighborhood look and feel -- brick houses, etc.

9236739172_637643511e.jpg

9236739366_90dd0b87a0.jpg

Many of these house will see familiar as they are refits from original Port La Forks Sherwood sub-division.

You can see where they are located in this slightly outdated screen shoot -- that's them in the center between the town hall and the "modernish" homes.

8977536764_47c0cb2b58.jpg

So, if I am using these homes in a different area of Forks, what's in the Sherwood Sub-division? Glad you asked --- since the street names are all based on the Robin Hood stories, I thought this area should go more toward the Tudor style of homes, so I built a whole bunch from scratch. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have a lot of images of finished products in Flickr. But I do have some --

For instance, on Marion Road -- I build two new sets of townhouses (okay, I built them for a different world but they fit so well here, I decided to use them.) They still need to be play tested, but so far..

9707460652_ea66a6b43c.jpg

9704224877_89bba90fba.jpg

This is live-able house in the group.
    9707460290_6d821c5291.jpg

Here are a few of the houses on Little John ..

8755819680_96407d8d48.jpg

These ones are obviously missing the landscaping --

7897191490_0e0e158f2c.jpg

8755820286_e7c339b8c7.jpg

And this is one from Robin Hood Loop -- obviously, not the final final version as the driveway doesn't reach the street yet, but almost.

8755828806_7eb61acf60.jpg

And remember the Agricultural area I mentioned? Well, here is the home of the nectary "owners" --

9704226041_5ecb226190.jpg

The home is incomplete -- landscaping still needs to be done. If you look to the left, you can see where the Orchard will be. There is also a garden plot on the lot with special plants that are good for nectar. I will probably also build a barn.

If you look to the back right, you can see the "vineyard" lot in the background, planted with all kinds of specialty grapes.

On the back left you can see where the Nectary lot is located. And here are a few shots of that lot:

9707461676_ae8a559954.jpg

9707461780_dc3d824a60.jpg

9707461300_e315991a62.jpg

9704225651_eca748df02.jpg

9704225549_2ee5a276d0.jpg

Okay -- I think that is all for now. Chat at you later.
  • Options
    conoJasconoJas Posts: 41
    edited September 2013
    Lovely! I absolutely love those townhouses!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2013
    Ohhh they are really gorgeous residences. Very nice.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited September 2013
    WOW! Bookmarked! I want this update! :D
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited September 2013
    It is looking awesome GLachaille!
  • Options
    xenacullenxenacullen Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited September 2013

I so cant wait for Port La Forks updated,
    love the new pics GLachaille.Bravo Bravo,hugs :!: :!: :!:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Back again -- I meant to post an update over the weekend but never quite did it. I started school again -- getting a second degree. I blame the sims for my renewed interest in programming, etc.

A little background -- I exported the game and installed it for play testing and also because I finally got Seasons and Island Paradiso (or whatever that EP is called) and wanted to keep working on the world (lots at least) without having to deal with re-installing CAW. I am fiddling around with the Seasons lot items -- so that is where most progress will be made. I am also going to test messing with the INI files to make Forks rainy / overcast like in the first version.

I do have a few pictures to share with you -- I finished off the nectary area -- it still needs play testing but take a peak:

9878808553_4da9fae3ec.jpg
    Screenshot-426 by GLaChaille, on Flickr

9878711616_91f5cc8a09.jpg
    Screenshot-433 by GLaChaille, on Flickr

9878708236_349448588b.jpg
    Screenshot-431 by GLaChaille, on Flickr

9878814453_7a29516650.jpg
    Screenshot-434 by GLaChaille, on Flickr

9878706686_4373f44787.jpg
    Screenshot-430 by GLaChaille, on Flickr

9878694115_f7f03cfb7e.jpg
    Screenshot-429 by GLaChaille, on Flickr

9878697725_6033afb07a.jpg
    Screenshot-432 by GLaChaille, on Flickr

9878808693_e542f8e5d4.jpg
    Screenshot-427 by GLaChaille, on Flickr

And I did some work in La Push -- finally. Here is the Hall of Antiquity doubling as a cultural center...

9878807683_cebc935da3.jpg
    Screenshot-419 by GLaChaille, on Flickr

Unfortunately, I apparently didn't upload the vast majority of images I took over the weekend. Oh well, more to share with you all later, I guess.

Also, any one interested in decorating and landscaping? Let me know. I have a bunch of shells of houses that need TLC and if I want this ready for beta anytime soon, I could use the help.

Also -- any tips for must haves to add to the world for game play of seasons and Island Paradiso (or what-ever-that-ep is called), let me know. I am still exploring the EPs and haven't even checked out what kind of spawners were added yet.

Gigi
  • Options
    simlucysimlucy Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2013
    Happy to see you again, good luck with the second degree.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    This post may seem a little odd and it is -- but there really isn't a better way to explain how my brain works its creative process, so...for those of you who haven't known me longer than I've played the Sims (and that dates back to Sims 1) -- I have a colony of "muses" and "plot bunnies" that live in my imagination and while most of the time they are very handy and cooperative, they seem to be in a battle right now.

It started when Midnight Hollow came out and infused my HP/Sims muse with a level of excitement that reminds me of ADHD. I will be blithely working along on some project or another or even trying to fall asleep at night when I get ambushed by a steady stream of ideas. **** annoying it is -- especially when the thought won't leave me a long until I resolve it some how. Long story short -- I spent some time since my last post messing around in my hibernating HP world trying to work out using stuff from MH in that world and how to make certain locations work. Not exactly what I intended to spend my time on.

Alas, my creative process got hijacked again late last week. It seems a plot bunny from a Twilight inspired story I been outlining for a year now got really annoyed when it got bumped back even further and decided to team up with my Twilight/Sims 3 muse. The good news -- I spent lots of time this weekend working on Port La Forks. Bad news, it was spent working on an unintended lot that has little to do with Stephanie Meyer's twilight or Forks, WA and much more to do with an original story that may not get written that started out as an outline for at Twilight fan fiction story.

Is sad. I know.

However, you might find it fun -- and if you don't you can always delete it ...

So, without further rambling about stuff you really don't care about --

The "It Used to be a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Caravan camp."

Once, a while back, a family of gypsies moved to Port La Forks and set up a fortune telling business. They built a small camp of their caravans but quickly realized that the rainy (and cold) didn't suit well to having to walk through the open muddy field to get to their room or the bathhouse (okay, bath caravan) -- so they built covered walkways between each caravan -- and then they built a great room to gather in (since you can't really sit outside at a campfire when its pouring).

This is a shot of the two of the caravans and the great room (and a long hall). yes, I know -- its a really odd lot.

10136347573_17e9fb5412.jpg

And here is a view from the other direction --

10136132184_a74b816588.jpg

And a few interior shots -

10136223145_4edb22546c.jpg

10136224915_6ce1db8d45.jpg

10136225495_f4fea80aa7.jpg

I did get some work done, though -- not much:

Here is a house that is somewhere in La Push -- it needs help. Any one want to do some interior decorating and landscaping?

10136352093_d28039387a.jpg

And I went in and did a little work on the Vault of Antiquity lot -- aka the Cultural Visitor's Center --

Here is the overhead:

10136229475_ea216e1084.jpg

and some interior shots:

10136229085_74b27b66e1.jpg

10136138254_1b002152de.jpg

It still needs the finishing touches and I need to sculpt the back terrain a bit to make it better for fishing, etc.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Sounds as scattered as I get when I am fed too many things and info of stuff that really peaks my interest. That's like I am testing several IP oriented worlds and what does EA do but come out with the marvelous MH world - so in order to keep my brain focused on the IP worlds I am testing I can't play around with my MH or DV worlds - they are really lucky I was really fond of the IP things or I would not be able to use the constraint. So I have not been able to even go in my MH world other than just peek at it the first day I got it. I am itching to go there though - but do not want it to interfere with my world testing.

Unlike you I could not possibly go in MH and then go back to testing 3 different IP worlds... So I just try really hard not to think about it - which is a bit hard on this site with the whole back screen MH - hehehe

Anyway - my hat is off to you being able to even handle both a little bit - never mind enough to create in Forks. I like that ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ camp now that I have the story of how it came to be in my head. I too have always been fond of the fortitude and capability of the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ and the strength of family they have. I very much would expect them to be in Forks - rain or no rain.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Yeah -- keeping my hands off of MH is pretty hard. I actually think I am going to uninstall it from the windows profile I use to building the PLF world so that the objects don't tempt me. Thank god MH is a world and not an EP! Then I would be in real trouble.

Lucky for me, I bought the surfing thing from the store and that is making me want to concentrate on First Beach. Good thing there was that surfing scene in the first movie ;) The La Push area is actually getting some attention!

Gigi
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yeah - the first movie is my absolute favorite of the set - I went and bought myself the whole set of movies after the final one came to DVD and BlueRay with the extra's - but I know well the scene - as it always makes me cold when I see it again - I like it where Bella's friends mention to Jake and his friends that Bella had invited Edward and he had turned her down - an Jake said the Cullins don't come to La Push. I swear it was that scene that actually got me fully interested in the series - well that one and the ones in the Science lab where Bella thought she must smell bad or something. I was puzzled by it at first - but of course knowing the whole story, it now makes me laugh when I see that scene. But yes surfing at La Push scenes will always be special as it gave the interest twist to someone who had never read the books - that made me a Twiheart.

Yep I have the surfing thing - I actually have the whole store - so nothing is an issue for me as far as having anything you put in the world.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    edited October 2013
    I've been keeping an eye on your world as I read the books when they first came out and I was fortunate enough to catch some of the filming of the first movie....well, not up close and personal....but from the blocked-off "keep out" end of the street. A friend of mine was grabbing quotes and taking pictures for one of the local newspapers and I volunteered to tag along. It was great fun and I look forward to visiting your world when it's finished....or when you are ready for testers.

Keep up the great work!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Happy Tuesday All - I hope you all enjoyed your weekend (and hope it was a nice long 3 day weekend like mine.)

I wanted to stop in and update you on the progress of PLF -- its getting there. My goal for the weekend was to finish off the terrain tweaking and painting so I could place all the spawners and trees placed, etc but it didn't quite work out that way.

After spending 8 hours on Saturday tweaking and tweaking I decided I HATED the mountains, hated the First Beach area and hated the place(s) where I had thought to place the meadow (it moved four times on Saturday).

I basically started Sunday by deleting all the trees and terrain paint and wiping out the mountains and starting it over. By 6 PM yesterday I was thoroughly sick of CAW but I had the terrain in a place I was accepting of, the basic terrain paint down again and all the "new" lots (except the Meadow -- still not sure where it will go) placed.

My goals for the rest of the work week are:
    #1 Take my midterm and hopefully get an A (since I spent this weekend playing in CAW and not studying -- bad me. Good thing the class is not that hard)

#2 - Finish finessing and fixing the "Farm" area, including the stuff I messed up when editing the terrain.

and finally

#3 - Go through the areas I had designated as "finished" and make sure I didn't mess anything up when I messed with the terrain / height map and terrain painting.

If I manage to get all that done and still have time this week, I will go back to working on

1.) the festival lot(s) in the national park (one of the finished areas that needs double checking)

2.) Add a base level of trees and spawners to the world and start taking some screen shots to share. :) :-) :wink:

3.) the Equestrian Center lots (I have 1 more indoor ring, and 2 outdoor rings to finish.

Well, that is it.

I do have one request -- anyone interested in doing some interior decorating and landscaping? My house are starting to have Stepford interiors and I am not liking that at all!

Gigi
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Guess how I spent my weekend? :wink::lol:

And I have pictures!

So, My accomplishments include:
      almost finishing the farm and Equestrian area
      Fixing the "finished" Forks NHood
      Fixing the Trillium North NHood (the modern-ish houses)

I even added a lot in the Trillium North NHood in the hill -- stairs going down that will be connected to two walking paths that I will put in before I re-add the trees to this area.

So, pictures, anyone?

Lets start in the Agricultural Region where I have the Nectary lots, the farm lots and the equestrian center/horse ranch lots.

Here is an overhead shot of that region of the map:

10402098874_bbaace5047.jpg

You should already be familiar with the three nectary lots in the left area (inside the road square).

To the right of the nectary are six additional lots (yes, 6).

10402283873_a103ca06db.jpg

The top most one on right (the one with the building on it) is the The Good Road Farm residential lot. It has a house, stable, plenty of free land space for horse and a garden / orchard area.

10402278823_015ca0d5e5.jpg

10402099374_7ff3a181e6.jpg

Directly behind that lot is a community lot currently marked "No Visitors" and set up like a horse ranch. My thought was that it is the back lot / paddock for the Good Road farm.

10402123355_a9ff7a8513.jpg

Across the street is the 4 lot equestrian center. Two of the lots are viewable on the map. The most recognizable lot of the four is the Equestrian rabbit hole. I have not (yet) modified this lot. The lot to the left (top lot) of the rabbit hole is my beginners ring. This lot is an indoor ring with beginning to moderate jumps set up.

10402116885_9683a05783.jpg

10402116965_032aa2d99d.jpg

The two remaining lots are in the center, which is largely decoration with parking.

10402129906_413909ea99.jpg

10402124505_9ebe2357e6.jpg

The final lot to the bottom (closest to nectary) which will be the racing and advanced jumping area and likely an outdoor ring -- which will suck in the spring when its raining, sorry.

And that is all for today. Hopefully, I can get the last terrain fixes verified tonight and get some trees back in the two NHoods that I had finished, plus around the Swan house(s) and the park area. If not tonight, it probably won't be until Wednesday.

Gigi
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited October 2013
    It is looking really nice Gigi! I would love to help test when you are ready... if you need volunteers let me know.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh - very nice. Looks like it's pictures of a real place. hehehe

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    bubacakesbubacakes Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Could someone please explain to me how I can download this world im in love with it.

Thankyou
  • Options
    simlucysimlucy Posts: 90 Member
    edited November 2013
    She is still working on it, and has not released this version yet. We are all excited, and anxious to play. She has waited to include the new things from IP in this world. That will make La Push and other beach areas better.
  • Options
    BPEACHEEBPEACHEE Posts: 6 New Member
    Sooooooo.. Im curious? Is Port La Forks done yet?
  • Options
    BPEACHEEBPEACHEE Posts: 6 New Member
    Soooo. Is this version done yet?
  • Options
    EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey @BPEACHEE,

Please be mindful of the dates when replying to threads. It looks like this one hasn't actually been active since 2013, so I will be locking this down to prevent further necro-posting, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top