Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nifty Knitting Patch Surprise

Comments

• LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Memories would be nice like in Sims 2. Favourites as well that we can see along with the traits.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    @peragogo wrote: »
    Maybe since they are adding two new stations (focus and metal) they’ll add more favourites options.

'More' favourite options? Have I missed something and do favourite options exist ?
    You can set weather preferences with Seasons and set a favourite movie with Movie Hangout.

Okay. That’s very interesting. Where do I do that?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Prehaps Yarnie is one of the things in this update.
    I would love that. Those games are so heartwarming and deep. Yarny's are so cute.
    unravel-2-cover-e1530584081455.jpg

I keep hearing people talking about Yarneys and Unravel or something and I've never heard of either... haha. Is this an earlier Sims reference I'm forgetting about? Or something else? *confused*
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2020
    I hope they free the babies from their bassinet.

Plus they pretty much confirmed it won't happen.
    Hey guys, I just want to set expectations here - there are no updates for babies in BG coming with the SP Patch. The only new addition is being able to knit onesies and change the babies into them if you have the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack. We have more than a dozen baby onesies and they are super cute! Hopefully we can share some screenshots of them in game soon.

- @SimGuruSarah on this thread :https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/977528/the-sims-4-community-voted-stuff-pack-deep-dive-knitting/p2
    So I don't know why you guys keep thinking it will happen...You're just doing more harm, they will disappoint you, like always.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited July 2020

Hey guys, I just want to set expectations here - there are no updates for babies in BG coming with the SP Patch. The only new addition is being able to knit onesies and change the babies into them if you have the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack. We have more than a dozen baby onesies and they are super cute! Hopefully we can share some screenshots of them in game soon.

- @SimGuruSarah on this thread :https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/977528/the-sims-4-community-voted-stuff-pack-deep-dive-knitting/p2
    So I don't know why you guys keep thinking it will happen...You're just doing more harm, they will disappoint you, like always.

She didn't confirm it won't happen, she just said it won't happen with the specific patch that is coming out before the knitting pack. I think it'll come in 2021 or 2022

Also, they haven't disappointed me yet...
    edited July 2020

Like they did with Toddlers?
    They were delayed, but I'm sure to a lot of folks they are not a disappointment.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Maybe since they are adding two new stations (focus and metal) they’ll add more favourites options.

'More' favourite options? Have I missed something and do favourite options exist ?
    You can set weather preferences with Seasons and set a favourite movie with Movie Hangout.

You talk to another sim about the weather and after you watch a movie, you can declare it as your favourite.
    edited July 2020
    I would love that. Those games are so heartwarming and deep. Yarny's are so cute.

I keep hearing people talking about Yarneys and Unravel or something and I've never heard of either... haha. Is this an earlier Sims reference I'm forgetting about? Or something else? *confused*

Unravel is a popular Origin platform game. I believe Yarney is the main character, who will be part of the SP. Probably available as a knitting project and a toy for kids. EA often cross references games, like they did with Plants v.s. Zombies in TS3 and of course Star Wars.

You talk to another sim about the weather and after you watch a movie, you can declare it as your favourite.

Ah, as a social interaction. I get it. Cheers!
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Another thing they might do is add more clothing options for babies in general. Have some base game options and some options added from knitting.

Unravel is a popular Origin platform game. I believe Yarney is the main character, who will be part of the SP. Probably available as a knitting project and a toy for kids. EA often cross references games, like they did with Plants v.s. Zombies in TS3 and of course Star Wars.

Ah okay ty! I don't play any other pc games except Sims (And then Animal crossing on switch lite) so that explains why I'd never heard of it hahaha! I haven't heard of any of those games, but I have heard of Star Wars haha, just haven't seen it.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2020

Like they did with Toddlers?
    They were delayed, but I'm sure to a lot of folks they are not a disappointment.

Well I was a part of the people asking for them, I didn't say Toddlers were poorly done. I just said you're gonna end up disappointed cause they're not updating babies anytime soon. Not that they're gonna be poorly done. You can tag me the day babies are updated, until then, have a nice life.

She didn't confirm it won't happen, she just said it won't happen with the specific patch that is coming out before the knitting pack. I think it'll come in 2021 or 2022

Also, they haven't disappointed me yet...

Happy to hear you enjoy the game, it makes one of us. Have a good day/night.
    Lu4ERme.gif

Ah okay ty! I don't play any other pc games except Sims (And then Animal crossing on switch lite) so that explains why I'd never heard of it hahaha! I haven't heard of any of those games, but I have heard of Star Wars haha, just haven't seen it.

You haven't seen STAR WARS ???!!

Just kidding. ;)
  • TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    I assumed that "Plopsy" will be released for base game and that's the "surprise."
    Simming for twenty years...

Just kidding. ;)

Haha no, I should one day. I don't even have a clue what it's about or who any of the characters are, but loads of people talk about it. I haven't ever really been that interested... I prefer stuff like Lord of the Rings (my fav movie series) that are kinda based on historical fantasy haha.
    edited July 2020

Well I was a part of the people asking for them, I didn't say Toddlers were poorly done. I just said you're gonna end up disappointed cause they're not updating babies anytime soon. Not that they're gonna be poorly done. You can tag me the day babies are updated, until then, have a nice life.

Well Well. Seems you're in a great mood. Although, let me check back for a second. I believe you wrote something like this:

"Like always." Unless I got it wrong -please correct me- it doesn't seem you're only referring to babies, but EA's infinite disappointments. Hence me mentioning Toddlers.

But I'm thanking you for wishing me a nice life. I'm doing great. I hope yours isn't too disappointing.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

Just kidding. ;)

Haha no, I should one day. I don't even have a clue what it's about or who any of the characters are, but loads of people talk about it. I haven't ever really been that interested... I prefer stuff like Lord of the Rings (my fav movie series) that are kinda based on historical fantasy haha.

I would occasionally let my younger son miss a day of school and we'd have a movie day. One day we watched the first 6 episodes of Star Wars. And another time we watched the 3 Lord of the Rings movies.

Happy to hear you enjoy the game, it makes one of us. Have a good day/night.

thanks, yes, I love it. I hope you find a game you do enjoy. And good day/night to you as well.
    edited July 2020

Just kidding. ;)

I would occasionally let my younger son miss a day of school and we'd have a movie day. One day we watched the first 6 episodes of Star Wars. And another time we watched the 3 Lord of the Rings movies.

That sounds fun! I homeschool my kid but she's too young yet, going into grade 1, for those movies haha (I'm trying to get her to watch Disney Princess movies first but she's too scared haha! ) My parents def. let me skip school sometimes for fun things too like that and if I ever stick my kid in public school I'd do the same!!! I have great memories from it :)

Just kidding. ;)

Star Wars & LOTR, both great. Typical Hero's Journey Goodness!

Just kidding. ;)

Star Wars & LOTR, both great. Typical Hero's Journey Goodness!

Yeah I've heard good stuff about it, I just rarely turn on the tv haha! I do have Disney plus for my kid though and I know it's on there so one day I'll have to sit down and watch it lol!
    edited July 2020

That's fantastic! My mother never let me do that. I sometimes faked being sick but she'd make sure I'd stay in bed to 'get better'. All she'd let me do is watch the ceiling. I guess she knew what I was up to. I still love her though.
    (I'm trying to get her to watch Disney Princess movies first but she's too scared haha! )

They scare me. And I'm a full grown adult.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    It's weird to have these free surprises along with everything else.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I assumed that "Plopsy" will be released for base game and that's the "surprise."

this
    more for sim kids and more drama please

That's fantastic! My mother never let me do that. I sometimes faked being sick but she'd make sure I'd stay in bed to 'get better'. All she'd let me do is watch the ceiling. I guess she knew what I was up to. I still love her though.
    (I'm trying to get her to watch Disney Princess movies first but she's too scared haha! )

They scare me. And I'm a full grown adult.

Lol!!! Well I might have a long wait before she'll watch them with me then ;) hahaha!