Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nifty Knitting: Are You Buying?

Yes This would include waiting for a sale
No No explanation needed
Undecided For those waiting for more info, Livestream, reviews, bug fixes, etc.

Nifty Knitting: Are You Buying? 336 votes

Yes
70%
Akl500PcrocobauraBluegayleauroraael14brackencat31Kita5399Sara1010PGalacticGalIcewolfsunhair2008IrishSimmer21bandit5alexspoom13alan650111IceyJaprilroseCabelle1863DawnEnigma1TheRealTacomamaBlkBarbiegal 238 votes
No
11%
sketchesColorist40KelleygirlAlrynnbbeatifulboygamekittenFlexono1Aleia1emereWolfNateTenchi2aZinomanDragonCat159LoriTSpFelicity1169OnverserBrittanyChick22garapoesStutumDoodlyDoofus 39 votes
Undecided
17%
CK213GoldmoldarMartinvlisamwittoveronCamkatEvilWitch83candy8Paigeisin5mcorraljimbbqcheriseg40mock68SxcDannii202ldmarkoMirichaspice3DaravihalloweenchildMoonfoxNightcry 59 votes

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes
    Yep! I'm really excited for this one :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    Yeah I am not artistic, but I am decent with crafts including knitting and crocheting. My mom and I taught my brother and nephew how to knit.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Undecided
    As of now, I am undecided, I might get it in the future though. Will depend on reviews.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes
    I'm buying it mostly because of the metal music station and some of the clothing and decoration. I also like the rocking chair.
    Also I am a completionist, I buy every pack.
    I dont really care about the knitting, but I'm sure I'll find Sims that will knit. My first choice for a knitter will be Vlad. It's going to be hilarious. :D
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Undecided
    Undecided. Based on the trailer It looks like a fun pack. I like some of the items that can be crafted. I need a little more information before I decide whether or not to buy the pack.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Undecided
    Problably yes as i like some features but i'll wait for reviews.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Undecided
    I don't even have Eco Lifestyle yet. I'm waiting for bug fixes before I get anything new.
  • starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    Yes
    I'll buy it, but was hoping kids could knit too. I learned at the age of 9. Sadly, it looks like kids can only play in the yarn (sacrilegious to my family back then LOL) but maybe Teens can knit. I hope. But the rocking chair? Holy moly, I am THERE for that!
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes
    This one does not get me excited. In fact, it is the least excited I have been since Bowling Night just because of the theme, but I have a friend looking forward to it and it looks like the devs did try for crosspack compatibility. So, I do not think it will be the worst pack by far, I am just not sure how much I am going to use it. For $10, I am giving it a shot, though.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited July 2020
    No
    I haven't bought anything since Realm of Magic or University (can't recall which one came out last), not gonna buy this one either. I feel about knitting the same way as I feel about laundry or bowling - they bore me, and I have no use for stuff I know I would only use 1-2 times max. Hopefully the next game pack would be something that is more to my taste.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Undecided
    After that big, ugly thing called Eco Lifestyle, maybe the little things is the way to go...?
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited July 2020
    Undecided
    I'm really torn about this pack.

Based on what I've seen so far, everything just seems a little... disappointing. I knew that I probably wouldn't get much use out of the knitting gameplay, since I'm not that interested in it. Instead, I was holding out hope for a great CAS and Build/Buy mode. I've bought stuff packs for that reason before (rather than the hero object it comes with) so I wouldn't have minded, but I just really don't like a lot of the items that are going to ship with this pack.

The only promising thing about Nifty Knitting for me is Plopsy. I'm assuming the Gurus will do a livestream soon, so I'll wait until then before deciding.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yes
    Oh I will buy, I need more selfmade stuff to sell at the gift shop, and the grim plushie will do well in the occult shop...also I love creative things for my sims to do, more hobbies I say, moooore hooooobbbiiiiiiiies!!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    Yes
    I'll buy it, but was hoping kids could knit too. I learned at the age of 9. Sadly, it looks like kids can only play in the yarn (sacrilegious to my family back then LOL) but maybe Teens can knit. I hope. But the rocking chair? Holy moly, I am THERE for that!

Actually, they've confirmed that kids can knit (although they haven't confirmed if kids can knit everything adults can), and in one of the blog posts they even showed an older sim teaching a child how to knit using a new 'teach to knit' interaction
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Undecided
    Almost definitely, yes. But I'll wait until the livestream, Plumbella and LGR reviews and some gameplay. I love the concept, and it looks fantastic so far, but EA be sketchy...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes
    But not at release, not after Eco Lifestyle, I will wait and see how well they have tested the packs features first and look on the sims4 Answer HQ for potential bugs. I do not want to buy this pack only to discover that the knitting is bugged, or that they thought that it would be funny if everyone would walk around in knitted clothing.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Undecided
    I'm not sure yet, maybe later. From what I've seen in the trailer, there isn't any item what I really need in my gameplay at the moment.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Undecided
    I have mixed feelings about this pack. I voted for arts and crafts as I wanted more hobbies. However knitting was probably my last pick. It really depends on the reviews and how nice of a hobby it is. I'm not excited about Plopsy or the aesthetics of the pack.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited July 2020
    No
    I think I won't be buying it simply because it's not my thing. The BB looks a little too bright and toyish for my taste (from what the trailer showed, it kinda reminded me of a Polly Pocket playset with all the pink and yellow tones). But I think lots of people will be excited for this one, so that's a good thing! And plopsy looks promising.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Undecided
    I will if I'm playing again by then.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    Yes
    I feel like it will be a satisfying pack. I love knitting in real life so it'd be so much fun to use stuff you knit, plus there is Plopsy (weird name i know). It offers enough stuff for a stuff pack.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Undecided
    Oops, I meant yes. I just hope there are also “normal” swatches for objects so they’re more versatile.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Yes
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Oops, I meant yes. I just hope there are also “normal” swatches for objects so they’re more versatile.

There are normal swatches, they showed in one of the previews. The big craft bookcase has white, black and natural wood variants too.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Yes
    Yes I am.
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Yes
    I am but I might wait for a sale. I don't mind having to wait until Christmas or even next year for it because I only bought Tiny Living yesterday (50% off sale) and it was released in January.