Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ’œ Quick Creativity CAS Challenge πŸ’œ GLovelysQCC

Comments

• amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Valerie's favorite place to be is behind the lens of her professional Crystal Clear Digital Camera, though Adam prefers her to be in front of his.
    NZuUVoR.png

AISfcBU.png

She is the love of his life, his muse, and his favorite model. The two of them met at a photography seminar while attending University, and they have been inseparable ever since! Now they both work as freelance photographers. Valerie specializes in nature and travel photography, while Adam excels at portraits. Valerie dreams that one day they'll own a gallery together, and Adam doesn't care what they do, as long as they are together!
    NyznQAK.png

Gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F422500FC4CD11EA84C89F3BDBE88175?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=glovelysqcc&max=50&maxis=false

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    edited July 2020
    @FrankieDanySIMS I'm sorry you are struggling with the silly basegame glitch thing. Most of the time we can find the pesky item however some elude me no matter what I do. It could also be a trait or possibly a hidden skill your sim has built if you've been playing them. Please don't worry anymore about it. You've tried to find it, just note that in the comments and our judges will be lenient to this fact ;) The point is intentionally limiting packs which you've done πŸ‘ and of course having fun in CAS ;) Oh, and for the items in the background of your screenshots it's totally fine that other things are there. The pack restriction is for the gallery upload only πŸ’œ I also found this link to an old update that lists some of the incorrectly tagged items for reference ~ Sim 4 July 2019 Update

Thanks so much @NeoFelis22 @Flash5 and @divanthesimmer for all of your help and advice! For me and for our judges it's really about limiting your packs in this round and trying to get rid of those incorrectly tagged items before you upload. It's certainly a team effort in here so I'm happy you're part of the team! πŸ’œ I'm so sorry you had so many struggles with this one @amp107 but you succeeded in the end and made some very helpful posts here too!

Edit So sorry I didn't see your post @amp107 when I originally posted this. I love your screenies and I love how you used the spoiler to hide the shots until we clicked them! Fun surprises and I think Valerie and Adam are totally adorable together πŸ’œ

I'm falling in love with Realm of Magic again with your screenshots telling your cute sim's experiences at the school of magic @icanhassims πŸ’œ

Gardening is a huge favorite of mine in game too and all these beautiful screenshots play to the strengths of that skill and also your fantastic simmies @DeaSimmer0 and @NeoFelis22

Thanks for bringing in the studious and logic building fun of the chess table & your story is lovely for this cute senior simmie @pagounis πŸ’œ

Such funtastic island life screenies you shared @lisabee2 :) Emerson is just adorable & the jet ski is a great item to pick!

Lastly ~

I want to add this helpful explanation again just in case other creators are misunderstanding the components of this challenge ~ Thanks @ZebSims :)
    ZebSims wrote: Β»
    @FrankieDanySIMS This challenge works off a chosen item in the skill/activity category, not the skill itself. To use music as an example: you would do a base game only household if you chose the guitar since it's added by the base game. But if you chose say the pipe organ instead, then you'd do a vampires + base game household.

Hope that makes sense as an example.

You guys are the best! Love and hugs πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    @amp107 these basegame tops were firstly added in Get Famous, that's why they have some BG and some GF swatches. I think first three swatches of each are basegame and others are from Get Famous.
  • NeoFelis22NeoFelis22 Posts: 194 Member
    edited July 2020
    @GLovely1 : So I need to upload my entry again because of the two Seasons items? I don't want to be disqualified. πŸ˜• If I need to upload again, should I take my original entry down? I'm unsure of the rules about that.
    Post edited by NeoFelis22 on
  • Flash5Flash5 Posts: 105 Member
    @GLovely1 : So I need to upload my entry again because of the two Seasons items? I don't want to be disqualified. πŸ˜• If I need to upload again, should I take my original entry down? I'm unsure of the rules about that.

There are gardening items in Seasons so I would think you're safe with just Basegame + Seasons - its within the rules of 1 pack restriction (Basegame is a given, Seasons would be your 1 pack). Hopefully @GLovely1 will confirm this, or put us both right! x <3
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    GLovely1 wrote: Β»
    @FrankieDanySIMS I'm sorry you are struggling with the silly basegame glitch thing. Most of the time we can find the pesky item however some elude me no matter what I do. It could also be a trait or possibly a hidden skill your sim has built if you've been playing them. Please don't worry anymore about it. You've tried to find it, just note that in the comments and our judges will be lenient to this fact ;) The point is intentionally limiting packs which you've done πŸ‘ and of course having fun in CAS ;) Oh, and for the items in the background of your screenshots it's totally fine that other things are there. The pack restriction is for the gallery upload only πŸ’œ I also found this link to an old update that lists some of the incorrectly tagged items for reference ~ Sim 4 July 2019 Update

Thanks @GLovely1 for explanation <3 ...
    for the skill: my sim (female) was not ever played it is totally new directly from cas...
    the one I'll send is surely that female: but she's got something (that I can't find) from season...
    for the male musician (with no admitted hair) I will keep him for another time...

Now a further question... how man entries are admitted?
    Only one?
    And.. (if admitted) if I eventually entry with 2 separate households ...
    - can they have a different (from each other) object as used most?
    - Or must both use the same object?

7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
    Flash5 wrote: Β»
    There are gardening items in Seasons so I would think you're safe with just Basegame + Seasons - its within the rules of 1 pack restriction (Basegame is a given, Seasons would be your 1 pack). Hopefully @GLovely1 will confirm this, or put us both right! x <3

I hope that you're right about that.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    @amp107 these basegame tops were firstly added in Get Famous, that's why they have some BG and some GF swatches. I think first three swatches of each are basegame and others are from Get Famous.

Ahh, that makes more sense! I purchased Get Famous at the same time that the base game branding update released, so I was never sure if those tops were originally apart of the get famous pack or not. Thanks for pointing out that some swatches are base game! Good to know for future single pack styling :)

0IzRxZE.jpg
    Now a further question... how man entries are admitted?
    Only one?

@FrankieDanySIMS I'm (almost) completely sure that there's a rule about only one entry per challenge.
    edited July 2020
    Hiya Forum Family ;) Thanks again for helping each other out! @FrankieDanySIMS, @NeoFelis22 is correct about only one entry per creator per challenge, especially for the prize rounds so make it your best one 😍 I'm glad my explanations helped you. To keep things as simple as possible, please focus on only 1 activity/skill item and then only use items from the pack that item is in and basegame. Also, if you left click on the seasons icon it should give you a list of which seasons item is being used. If nothing shows up in that search then make a note in the comments. As we've been saying there are some glitches in labeling packs used so just note you tried your best to find it. ;)

and @NeoFelis22 your creation is perfect as @Flash5 said, seasons comes with new plants/gardening items so you'll qualify πŸ‘ Consider naming an activity/skill item that comes in seasons in the comments of your upload though. I just checked it and I love the rhyme time so please don't remove your entry. You only need to add a quick comment maybe about the seasons seed packs or the bee box or something that your gardener would use from seasons. That way you have an official skill item that matches the seasons pack πŸ’œ
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• PatriPatri Posts: 84 Member
    PHEW! πŸ˜“Finally I think I will be able to participate ... what have I missed? XD

1st WINNER CONGRATULATIONS! City Living is a great pack, I adore it, enjoy it!πŸ’—

2nd All cowboy creations look really cool and the pictures are fantastic!
    @divanthesimmer > am I the only one that this sim looks like the human version of Patchy?🧐Perfect!🀠

3rd @GLovely1 I swear I had to read this week's rules 3 times to understand it ... I thought it was a construction challengeπŸ˜…

Let's go!😊😊😊
  • LaTalpaVolanteLaTalpaVolante Posts: 23 Member
    So here's my entry to this week's challenge, called "Colours of Love"! Again, I had lots of fun creating it :)

https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/613B6D15C55D11EA80DE9A5C1BC13C2D

Pen and Luca come from two very different worlds, but both couldn't live without their easels. Quite literally, for Luca, as he sells his paintings to make a living. He learned how to paint when he was still a teen, & back since when he ran away from home he works as a street artist to earn money. He takes his old easel everywhere - to parks, public places, even to subway stations - and offers to paint portraits of the people passing by. Or he just captures the scenery around him, or gets inspired by it to create some more abstract artworks.

Pen instead comes from a quite wealthy family & doesn't have to care about how to make ends meet. She's a lively, cheerful girl who really likes to express herself using colours, & so it's no wonder painting is her favourite pastime. She loves to try new styles on her easel, to just let her brush flow for fun & to get surprised of what will be the result, & to create beautiful paintings to decorate her home with.

The two got to know each other in the park, while working on new artworks & wondering who that other person behind an easel would be. Despite all their differences, they liked each other from the beginning. So since then, they meet every day to paint together, to exchange ideas & learn from each other. By now, they've become something like best friends. But will their friendship eventually turn into something more?

Well, whenever they can be seen working together on a new artwork, this seems quite easely possible... ;)
  • GogoMGogoM Posts: 57 Member
    One of my absolute favorite activity objects in the Sims 4 is the Ice Skating Rink. I, personally, am trash at ice skating, but it looks so graceful and lovely that I often have my sims take it up as a hobby, date idea, or quick activity. My household was made with only Base Game and Seasons content (though the Gallery would have you believe otherwise). Enjoy~

Abbreviated Story: Veronica and Cyrus met as teenagers having been brought together by their respective skating coaches who believed that they would be able to take the skating world by storm and win the Simlypics for Windenburg and restore it's glory. It worked, Veronica and Cyrus worked together fabulously and were able to execute routines flawlessly. In the midst of the action though, they also fell for each other. Cyrus for Veronica's ambition and outgoing personality, and Veronica for Cyrus' maturity and considerate actions. They went on to gain success as celebrity figure skaters and eventually, husband and wife. They were both keen and having a family, however, Veronica worried that childbirth would slow down her career. While she wanted children, she wanted to keep her career going strong. That is, until they gave a demonstration for a Windenburg orphanage and each fell in love with the two most adorable rambunctious scamps one could ever see. Willow and Jude were the answers the Hart-Holton's prayers and it's newest additions. Luckily for Vicky and Cyrus, though their children can't be called "naturals" at skating, they love skating together as a family and are quickly making the rink their new home.
    3Wc5BQ7.png
    QzOLqt0.png
    CFzaQGj.png

Thank you once again for a lovely prompt! As an avid consumer of CC and mods, restriction really helps me see all that already exists within the game and to further appreciate what I have.

Thank you, @GLovely1 , I just added this to the comments:

He's got the bee box, 'cause it really rocks. He's made friends with the bees & that honey's sure to please.

I don't think it's as good as my original rhyme, but I hope that it suffices. πŸ™‚
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Patri wrote: Β»
    PHEW! πŸ˜“Finally I think I will be able to participate ... what have I missed? XD

1st WINNER CONGRATULATIONS! City Living is a great pack, I adore it, enjoy it!πŸ’—

2nd All cowboy creations look really cool and the pictures are fantastic!
    @divanthesimmer > am I the only one that this sim looks like the human version of Patchy?🧐Perfect!🀠

3rd @GLovely1 I swear I had to read this week's rules 3 times to understand it ... I thought it was a construction challengeπŸ˜…

Let's go!😊😊😊

Thank you so much! I didn't even think about that, lol! <3
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    GLovely1 wrote: Β»
    giphy.gif

ANNOUNCEMENT TIME

There was so much excitement and enthusiasm around the elaborate masquerade and that was mainly because each one of you made such beautifully creative entries! We all could see how much imaginative thought you gave to your entries and the awesome ways you showcased them here and on twitter really gave it an energy hype! That's why I decided to name the top 3 winners instead of only 1 ;)

πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰ Please congratulate DroopySims for winning the City Living EP!! πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰ I'll send your code to you in a DM now!

πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰ Winners of second and third place stuff packs of their choice are Aelynsims and @xamira99 πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰ I'll DM you both soon through twitter so you can tell me the pack you'd like ;)

Thanks so much for keeping the creativity and fun alive for the sims here and everywhere ~ Love & hugs πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

CONGRATSSSSS my loves!! Sorry for being so late! I loved the entries specially Jasmine from @xamira99 she was so beautiful!
    And all the HOWDY YEHAAAW entries were so fun too!

Thank you @DeaSimmer0 ! :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    edited July 2020
    Hi, this is my entry the new challenge :

FATS Wallet

Link to the gallery: https://ea.com/it-it/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B5C73F82C68711EA86AA9A5C1BC13C2D

Backstory:
    FATS, as they all ever called him due to his fatness, since childhood had always in mind to get a top quality life for himself and his humble family getting rich and with a plenty full WALLET ... He devoted his total time to practise on and on the piano (he's lvl 5)... no matter how fatter he could be... and his beloved PIANO is leading him to his goal !!!
    Fats has been hired as pianist at the top class vip TSP Studio in Del Sol Valley and he's enjoying it very much... he gets well with everybody cause is a natural born entrteiner and has plenty of funny jokes to please the audience with humour and good music...
    At the TSP he also found something that reminds him of his childhood (and the church were his father was the preacher) a pipe organ!!!... As soon Fats has a spare time, between a stride on the piano and a stroll to the bar to get some chips, he goes there to play some very cool blues !!!
    . . .
    Music is a must have skill and activity for every Sim!!! I always give a musical instrument to my sims and, if they choose the musician career, I make them train very hard … it sure takes a lot of patience (the one that I do not have for real I make them have instead of me) !!! 😁

PS
    the name FATS refers to FATS Waller (famous early '900 stride piano player) and there is a word joke with the surname: WALLET matches the "material boy" Sim trait.

4b918fe4190ad99991239005baaa9ca3.png
    ad829e8e19c8bbe6d7090140405bb011.png
    f3f3fe47fc36b7cdd5a29ea76b6083b3.png
    82de3a930e159f4789e3b9b89e8bbadb.png

I created my very first base sim !!! πŸ€©πŸ˜ƒπŸ€©
    I was never able before so thanks again to "wardrobe investigation team" πŸ”Ž ---- πŸ©³πŸ‘—πŸ‘‘πŸ‘žπŸŽ©πŸ’πŸ§€πŸ‘“ ---- πŸ”§ 🧰
    and @GLovely1 for her lovely challenges πŸ₯°

Post edited by FrankieDanySIMS on
    7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
  • ChristineRose5ChristineRose5 Posts: 37 Member
    Decided to base my Sim, Mollie Crowder, on using the Laundry Day Washer and Dryer. It's a simple activity in the Sims but I think that it brings about a nice bit of realism and fun to the game. I hope you guys enjoy Miss Mollie and in all of her pink and floral glory!

Gallery link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/ED2E30DAC6E011EA8685C42194A5C574
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited July 2020
    Here's my entry for this week!

Prologue...
    β€œAgent J, as you’re aware, we need you to help with this mission. We need to bring her back by hook or by crook ASAP!” says Agent M1.

As Agent J walked out from the room, he read through the details of his target. She was once, an agent, known as Agent T. She was reported as MIA when she was on a mission to the Strangerville, but after a few months, the HQ received an information that she was spotted in Evergreen Harbour. Now, Agent J needs to gather all the information in order to bring her back to the HQ.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….......................................................................................

β€œWelcome Mr Brosnan to the Golden Rock. Please come and follow me,” says the usher. As Agent J walked, he noticed that the hallway has a very tight security where he observed that not only there’s a lot of security guards, but there’s dozen of security cameras too. He arrived at the end of the hallway. As the usher opened the door, he saw that there are three more people are in the room. He spotted the missing Agent T.

β€œWelcome! Have a sit Mr Brosnan,” says a mysterious man sitting at the table. Agent J approached the empty chair, which is in between Agent T and a mysterious lady. They nodded and exchange smiles. β€œDo you want some drink Mr Brosnan? Are you ready to play some card today?”, says the mysterious man again. β€œIt’s fine, I’m ready to play, whenever the ladies are ready,” says Agent J.

Agent J has been tracking Agent T for a few days and found out that Agent T might be at the Golden Rock where she’s probably playing cards with the infamous and the most wanted Boss of the Evergreen Harbour. Now, how odd it is that he has 2 of his targets at the same place. What will happened now? Will he be able to bring back Agent T and captured the Boss? And who’s that mysterious lady?

xCwze4S.png

Alexander Brosnan a.k.a Agent J
    DfV79LK.png

Charlotte Parker a.k.a Agent T
    mJkiyQF.png

They are available at the gallery, here's the link for my entry! The Blackjack Mission

ETA: My entry is Base Game + Get Famous ONLY. I don't know why it shows Get To Work too.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • blue_skyblue_sky Posts: 31 Member
    I really want to post my entry on here with a link and picture, but I can't because "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links". πŸ˜• I had the same problem last time, so I did some research and found out that I'm "around for a little while longer" When I have 30 posts and 50 likes or awesomes. So if you don't mind, I would really appreciate if you like or awesome this, so I can post my challenge entry. Thank you! <3
    [quote="blue_sky;c-17576793"]I really want to post my entry on here with a link and picture, but I can't because "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links". πŸ˜• I had the same problem last time, so I did some research and found out that I'm "around for a little while longer" When I have 30 posts and 50 likes or awesomes. So if you don't mind, I would really appreciate if you like or awesome this, so I can post my challenge entry. Thank you! <3[/quote]

Ok, I just found out that it was updatet and you now only need 25 points and 15 posts. I already have the posts, so I just need some points. Yay!
    edited July 2020
    Challenge: 15
    Name: Coraline Ilona
    Story: Coraline Ilona loves sailing on her sailboat. Especially in the ocean of Sulani. When she was younger, she was sailing everyday with her dad. It was their activity. Now she is a young adult and her dad passed away. She loves to sail, because it reminds her of her dad and she strongly believes that a part of her dad is still in the ocean protecting her.
    Origin id: bluesky575

Link: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8A3DDC01C75811EA84C3C42194A5C574?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=bluesky575&max=50&maxis=false

Pictures:
    t7ONdZO.jpg
    eS82FxA.jpg
    4nLM7wi.jpg
    wpqjCCX.jpg

PS: And again this time, I had so much fun creating her. I loved this challenge and it was a really creative one with the one pack rule! <3 (And I'm so happy that I can finally post a link and pictures! 😍)
    Post edited by blue_sky on
  • PatriPatri Posts: 84 Member
    I just uploaded my creation to the gallery. I love survival challenges in the Sims and that's why painting and gardening are the activities I use the most in my games. But painting is also something personally important to me. So I chose the easel as the main object. Specifically the easel that comes at Discover University, because that way I had one pack with which to meet this challenge.🀭
    Name: "A Great Painter"; ID ORIGIN: Patridifusa

https://ea.com/es-es/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2D4F13DFC79311EA8BFB0DD9351009B2?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Patridifusa&max=50&maxis=false

😊
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    All these entries look amazing.

I was unfortunately, unable to join again due to being on vacation. But I'm loving what I'm seeing.
    edited July 2020
    I hope you enjoyed your vacation @MeowchaFrappe & I totally agree with you about all these entries looking amazing! You all constantly push and challenge yourselves each week and it's a beautiful thing for me too see. I appreciate your thoughtfulness & effort! I'm so excited to see who wins the stuff packs πŸ’œ The judging will begin shortly and typically takes the weekend to finalize winners. Look for that announcement soon! ;)

I'll be posting the "official" Weekend 16 creative directions soon but if you all want to get a jump start I'm going to piggy back on the new Sims Spark'd challenge theme of course! I feel like it's a total must for us to support the energy around this new Sims adventure. Plus, I think you all can show off just how good CAS sims storytelling can be in the gallery. For more info and to get started now, check out this link SPARK'D We'll go with the "stylist" category. When you upload to the gallery, click on the new upload tool shown here [img][/img]IAMPsSH.jpg
    and also include one or both of these hashtags, #sparkddestination #SparkdChallenges along with our #GLovelysQCC πŸ’œ

I'm excited that you finally get to share images @blue_sky πŸ’œ For some reason the imgur ones you posted aren't working. I'm wondering if you copied the image BBCode from imgur? Also, after you copy that code from imgur you'll need to click on the picture tool in this comment box here [img][/img]lmiiyo9.jpg πŸ’œ

Thanks always for making this thread so lively & creative! More news coming soon ;)
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top