Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winter Retreat game pack?

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    This is almost certainly going to be an EP, not a GP. Most winter activities listed are expensive to make. Not to mention it would also include resorts/hotels.

The pack also appeared on an old survey as an EP.

We already have most of that, except for the snowboarding competitions, snowshoes, and hotels. Snow, snowmen, snow angels, snowball fights came with Seasons, and the mountain resort came with Outdoor Retreat. We even have a Yeti bear costume in game.

Um I don’t know where you’re from but a cabin you rent and a resort are NOT the same thing...we don’t have any type of resort in the game yet...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    This is almost certainly going to be an EP, not a GP. Most winter activities listed are expensive to make. Not to mention it would also include resorts/hotels.

The pack also appeared on an old survey as an EP.

We already have most of that, except for the snowboarding competitions, snowshoes, and hotels. Snow, snowmen, snow angels, snowball fights came with Seasons, and the mountain resort came with Outdoor Retreat. We even have a Yeti bear costume in game.

Um I don’t know where you’re from but a cabin you rent and a resort are NOT the same thing...we don’t have any type of resort in the game yet...

Where I come from it's totally possible to rent an entire cabin in a resort, not just a room or apartment.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    Loanet wrote: »
    Vacation packs are Game Packs - look at Granite Falls and Selvadorada.

It has been so far, which doesn't mean it's a rule. Plus you can't even begin to compare the amount of content in OR and JA with the stuff they added in the survey for a winter pack. Also, if it adds some sort of hotel system, it most certainly WONT be a Game Pack.

And the survey was for a potential winter vacation expansion pack.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Hopefully by January 2021 we will finally get a winter retreat.
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i would love it
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited May 2020
    Knowing the Sims team, I would say: yes, I think the snowy mountains in the back of Evergreen Harbor are a hint to a new Winter Retreat pack. I remember in SIms 3 Ambitions you could zoom in the horizon and you could see a bustling city full of skyscrapers, and later they released Late Night with apartments and Bridgeport.

Anyway, I remember that theme being in another survey before 2017. idk why its taking so long for them to make this winter themed pack.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I think the GP will be farming/horse related and the EP could be the winter pack if it goes based on the survey questions as an EP.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    Brings back memories of Sims 1 Vacation...I used one of the winter lots to build a celebrity retreat!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    If we can get a world like Sulani, we can get a winter world. It's only fair.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It would be like the season of Winter, but in a Vacation world. Also, Snowboarding sounds super-awesome.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DuskregnDuskregn Posts: 40 Member
    I always just want to live in these worlds that get arbitrarily vacation-locked, swiss mountains/wintery land sounds right up my alley but not as vacation-only :( Why can i live in a permanent summer desert but not a permanent winter? Vacation lot traits when
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Hint three: Then, in the trailer for Eco Lifestyle you can see snowy mountains in the background and a very alpine looking forest surrounds the neighbourhood shown in the trailer. Not only that but the trailer ends with Northern Lights. Normally I'd say this is nothing, but we know now that a part of the Discover University world was hinting towards Eco Lifestyle so it is likely that they'd do the same thing again.

What was this hint in Discover University?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Hint three: Then, in the trailer for Eco Lifestyle you can see snowy mountains in the background and a very alpine looking forest surrounds the neighbourhood shown in the trailer. Not only that but the trailer ends with Northern Lights. Normally I'd say this is nothing, but we know now that a part of the Discover University world was hinting towards Eco Lifestyle so it is likely that they'd do the same thing again.

What was this hint in Discover University?

In the modern university there was an area with solar panels and wind turbines and some of the buildings had grass roofs
    zGifXdU.png
    Bumping this thread because in the last second of the new Nifty Knitting trailer, the elder is dreaming of snowboarding and there's a little picture of a sim snowboarding...

DGVLpzw.png
    wtyROYs.png

Snowboarding is also one of the mentioned activities in the many surveys around features a winter pack would include!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    Bumping this thread because in the last second of the new Nifty Knitting trailer, the elder is dreaming of snowboarding and there's a little picture of a sim snowboarding...

DGVLpzw.png
    wtyROYs.png

Snowboarding is also one of the mentioned activities in the many surveys around features a winter pack would include!

Gosh I hope this is the Next Gamepack. Also I wonder if the new winter clothing and accessories could be hinting to a Snowey Pack being next.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    When does the 6 months ends? I can't wait to know what will be the new gp!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

DGVLpzw.png
    wtyROYs.png

However - in the trailer on Facebook and Twitter, it's a child-like drawing of what's clearly supposed to be a school house.

Hmmm
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

DGVLpzw.png
    wtyROYs.png

However - in the trailer on Facebook and Twitter, it's a child-like drawing of what's clearly supposed to be a school house.

Hmmm

In the same facebook trailer there also is a drawing of 2 sims holding a baby of what it looks like.

babyknit.png

DGVLpzw.png
    wtyROYs.png

Hmmm
    rudy8292 wrote: »

DGVLpzw.png
    wtyROYs.png

Hmmm

In the same facebook trailer there also is a drawing of 2 sims holding a baby of what it looks like.

babyknit.png

That's weird, it seems to show something different on each one. On the official sims screenshots shes dreaming about babies playing with dogs
    Ec5Zn_KWsAAW859?format=jpg&name=small
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    The Trailer Team is trolling us. :p
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    That's weird, it seems to show something different on each one. On the official sims screenshots shes dreaming about babies playing with dogs

I like that memory of the baby playing with the dog.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited July 2020

DGVLpzw.png
    wtyROYs.png

Hmmm
    rudy8292 wrote: »

DGVLpzw.png
    wtyROYs.png

Hmmm

babyknit.png

I hope this is a hint at a baby update! There is also a school house and sledding. What if there is a school pack and a winter pack coming out this year with a free baby update? One can dream. 😊
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Hint Nr three is extremly thin and far fetched, as it's part of a pack that just has background props and emphasizes the smog-free, clean enough air with seeing northern lights in ANY world. Would have liked something like the milkyway more, so they could reserve the nothern lights for such a northern pack.

But it's possible, depending on the voting results of the survey. Hope they take a lot more time for balancing and play(bug)testing.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
    edited July 2020
    Check this out. There are more hints on a winter pack.

Pixelade
    https://youtu.be/US_lmEgtDTA
    telmarina wrote: »
    When does the 6 months ends? I can't wait to know what will be the new gp!

September is the final month.