Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nifty Knitting Trailer: Where were the babies?

SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
Hey guys,

So the trailer for the new Stuff pack came out and the Gurus confirmed there were going to be onesies for the babies. I thought they were going to show them in the trailer. Did they? Did I miss it?

Why would they not show such a cool feature?
Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    No they didn't.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited July 2020
    Another thing - I would have thought they may have played Metal since it's the new station in this pack.

I guess they are saving some things for those who don't keep up with the news.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Probably saving it for the Livestream.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Another thing - I would have thought they may have played Metal since it's the new station in this pack.

I guess they are saving some things for those who don't keep up with the news.

There's two new stations in the pack actually
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I may have missed it, just watched once quickly through but I don't think they showed cats chasing yarn yet either. They'll save that stuff I guess
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I've yet to see a trailer for *anything* that actually shows you everything included. The broad strokes essentials - that you can knit anywhere, that kids can knit, and Plopsy - are shown. The rest will be in the livestream (if there is one) or discovered upon release.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    Not sure if it's specifically connected but in the pack screenshots on the official EA webpage there's a picture of an old lady thinking about babies playing with dogs
    Ec5Zn_KWsAAW859?format=jpg&name=small
    I may have missed it, just watched once quickly through but I don't think they showed cats chasing yarn yet either. They'll save that stuff I guess

I don't think they'd be able to show that in a trailer because cats don't come with the pack, from an advertising standpoint it'd be considered misleading/false advertising showing cats in a pack that doesn't include cats
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I've yet to see a trailer for *anything* that actually shows you everything included. The broad strokes essentials - that you can knit anywhere, that kids can knit, and Plopsy - are shown. The rest will be in the livestream (if there is one) or discovered upon release.

People are just so excited with the addition of baby clothes that I thought it deserved a frame in the trailer.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not sure if it's specifically connected but in the pack screenshots on the official EA webpage there's a picture of an old lady thinking about babies playing with dogs
    Ec5Zn_KWsAAW859?format=jpg&name=small

That looks like it would be the reminiscing(sp?) feature.

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

People are just so excited with the addition of baby clothes that I thought it deserved a frame in the trailer.

I have a feeling that the perceived number of people excited for baby clothes is exaggerated by their enthusiasm. Not saying that there aren't a lot of people excited for it (myself included), just not enough for it to be in the trailer.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I hope they do a live stream. As for baby clothes, we'll get to see them soon enough, too bad the babies spend most of the time in the crib.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2020

A huge part of the community may not realize that babies are not getting a big Nifty Knitting pre-patch update.
    If a baby showing off its onesie was featured in the trailer -even for one single frame- that part of the community will be misguided and believe that babies are getting additional game play. The disappointment will be too great for those folks when they find out babies will ultimately remain the way they have always been (until further notice).
    So it's safer to leave that kind of stuff out altogether and concentrate on showing other things.

TS4 Babies are a very sensitive subject at this time...
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

A huge part of the community may not realize that babies are not getting a big Nifty Knitting pre-patch update.
    If a baby showing off its onesie was featured in the trailer -even for one single frame- that part of the community will be misguided and believe that babies are getting additional game play. The disappointment will be too great for those folks when they find out babies will ultimately remain the way they have always been (until further notice).
    So it's safer to leave that kind of stuff out altogether and concentrate on showing other things.

Okay now that does kind of make more sense. It's pretty smart of them to leave out the babies so the community doesn't take it and run with it.
    The community does tend to go overboard with trailers a lot. Many people still think we will be getting free babies and burglars with Nifty Knitting with absolutely no evidence to back it up.
    Another thing I read on the Instagram comments is someone saying we will be getting a color wheel for CAS with this pack because the Guru's beard in the trailer is red and grey. I think this is going too far sometimes. :lol:

Many people still think we will be getting free babies and burglars with Nifty Knitting with absolutely no evidence to back it up.

Burglars? Are you serious? What do they have to do with knitting? I guess they could use the knitting needles to lock-pick the doors.
    Another thing I read on the Instagram comments is someone saying we will be getting a color wheel for CAS with this pack because the Guru's beard in the trailer is red and grey. I think this is going too far sometimes. :lol:

Someone please lock those people up.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member

This makes sense. I hope that is the reason and the baby clothes are still included in the pack. Changing babies clothing is one of the biggest features of this pack for me personally.
    @Atreya33 wrote: »

This makes sense. I hope that is the reason and the baby clothes are still included in the pack. Changing babies clothing is one of the biggest features of this pack for me personally.

The clothing is part of the pack. It will be shown during a live stream. ;)
    @Atreya33 wrote: »

The clothing is part of the pack. It will be shown during a live stream. ;)

I did not know yet that there was going to be a live stream. I can't wait to find out more.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Sorry but when did this object become a baby. Yes it may look like a baby but it has the same function as clutter. A baby is something you can hold and it's part of the household with needs. Knitting for a object seems like a waste of time.
    Sorry but when did this object become a baby. Yes it may look like a baby but it has the same function as clutter. A baby is something you can hold and it's part of the household with needs. Knitting for a object seems like a waste of time.

Of course babies as actual sims would be 100 times better than the crib objects we have now. That is why this feature matters to me. This is the first time since the start of sims 4 that babies get attention in a pack, the first time we can pretend babies are persons who deserve an outfit choice and not just objects. It is just pretend, but that's better than nothing.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Probably saving it for the Livestream.

That.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

There will be a livestream -- and they'll show babies:

Since babies aren't going to be freed from their bassinet prisons just yet (if ever) it would have been weird to show them in the trailer.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)