Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new occult life states would you like to see?

We have our favorite classic life states in the Sims franchise, but what new life state would you like to see be introduced? Personally, I would love to see shape-shifters (to be able to transform into any sim or object) or cat creatures. Something like in this vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVV7jqbRses

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Dragon. They've only been pets before.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I'd like to see some LOTR inspired elves in the game. They'd be like fairies but without wings, which would fit better into the game I think. Dwarves would be fun too and could introduce jewelry making.

Mutants with a variety of super powers to choose from would open up a lot of story telling opportunities for myself as well. Either that or Greek/Roman like gods and goddesses.

A Sasquatch could be fun too, but we already have a costume and I'm not sure what they would do anyways.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Agree with the elves. I like to play realistically and don't normally by the occult stuff and I disable aliens and ghosts, however I would definitely be up for playing with some Elves or maybe even fairies are mermaids
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Pet dragons! I mean, aside from past occults, id maybe like to see a way to combine occults? Like having half fairy, half vampire sims where they can choose things, with the above example being a vanpire who can fly, but has limited magic and cant turn sims? So only limited powers! I dojt like that you only get full blood sims, except with aliens.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2019
    I would also like being able to create creatures.

That's what I originally imagined the Scientist/Doctor Career was going to be able to become, but they made it focused around Aliens, I feel like they could at least open the focus to Vampires and future Creatures over time. Like in Teen Wolf there were these Dread Doctors that were Abducting humans and transforming them into Chimeras, Humans Made, into supernatural creatures. Which goes against the Laws of Nature and Supernature, both reject chimeras, so much to the fact a Vampire that was made, Supernatural Law doesn't dictate over the Chimera Vampire, the way it does for Born/Turned Vampires.

Once upon a time, I wanted to make a "Bloodhound." it would have been either a German Shepard or Greyhound, but it would have been a Vampire dog, among other creatures what would be vampires.

Again with a Farming EP/GP I would love to have pet Hogs, Bulls & Cows, maybe chickens, and maybe Alpaca or goats... no llamas.

and now with Stranger ville, though I haven't played it, I like the idea of having things to fight,
    I would love to create monsters I'd imagine they'd behave like, heartless & nobodies in Kingdom Hearts or Daedra in Elder Scrolls Online once you defeat them the just dematerialize, and maybe drop something useful.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    its pretty simple none unless they include toggles to turn them off in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    I'm all in for new occults as long as EAxis makes them AFTER they have made the occults that the community wants at large (=Witches, Werewolves, Fairies and Mermaids)
    However i have no idea of a new occult that could interest me. maybe pet dragons?
  • LukeNathalieLukeNathalie Posts: 32 Member
    Elves, definitely
  • CazGamingUltraCazGamingUltra Posts: 8 New Member
    > @playermarko456 said:
    > We have our favorite classic life states in the Sims franchise, but what new life state would you like to see be introduced? Personally, I would love to see shape-shifters (to be able to transform into any sim or object) or cat creatures. Something like in this vid:

And, steal this idea if you wish, but... Why not have a add-on that allowed you to not only create Alien Sims, but alien animals too. For example, you can make a dog or cat alien. They can gain specific traits, and may or may not need to worry about basic stuff like hunger or tiredness.

Imagine what you could do with them... And also, please update Alien Sims so that maybe, someway, they can also gain these features... And please give them specific traits.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Gorgons
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    Faires, elves, witches, pet dragons and and a fantasy world for them - and I would be freakin' out! :)
  • KathesaurKathesaur Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2019
    Werewolves take the #1 spot on my occult wishlist, but I think fauns would be cool as well.
    Dullahans and centaurs could also be fun but probably extremely unlikely to happen lol I would imagine figuring out how to animate them to be able to interact with every object would be a nightmare for the dev team.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I'm not really an occult player to begin with, but I think the shapeshifting idea is pretty cool! Perhaps this is something that can be looped into Witches? Another ability. I love the ideas of alchemy (but not at its current state), tarot, astrology, more in-depth voodoo, and other kinds of "mystical" motifs that could totally fit in with witches. I guess if witches were a thing I'd like them, kind of how Vampires did it, to be able to look and feel like either classic witches, or more modern day sort of witches. Or AHS Coven witches!

I don't care for much else in terms of supernatural, but I am also open to the team introducing new content in any way. So no matter what is added, I will probably enjoy it! Or at least appreciate what it brought to MY game. For example, I'm not a huge fan of the vampires themselves from their pack, but I loooove the world and decor. So whatever may come will surely include something I enjoy.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    @superkyle221 Gorgons that look like Meryl? ;)
  • Maledict1Maledict1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like them to make more pet creatures, like proper dragons, or griffins.

But for life states I would like to see werewolves come back with the same in depth take as the new vampires. Given that vamps can now be very nosferatu, I'd like a werewolf who looks even more wolven. Even if he is still humanoid, more woven please. I would also like to see mermaids make a return with differing paths to take, either good mermaid that will bless you or deadly siren (or maybe its gender locked - that'd be new) that can drag and drown sims.

Shapeshifter, as someone mentioned, I would very much like to see, which each new form giving fresh benefits or abilities.

I understand that this is a game where every power is going to be based around living the lives sims can (powers that clean the house or fill the needs, or find collectibles) so all life states can get dull after a while. Without the fun of a few more abilities, werewolves will transform... And then what? But even so a higher variety would be incredible. Sims 3 life states were top notch for their time. Sims 4 has proven they can do even better. I want to see this again.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I want more species of aliens. We have the ones from Sixam, but we know from sims exploring in Rocket Ships that there are way more planets out there, and that they're also inhabited. And of course, they'll have different abilities, so I think it would be really cool to be able to play with multiple different species of aliens.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    I want to see some non-supernatural occults like Bigfoot or Yeti.
  • swimmingpearlswimmingpearl Posts: 1 New Member
    Love these games! I would love for the Sims 4 to have more of the occult states from previous installments in the series; i.e. genies, werewolves, and maybe fairies?