Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July Patch Speculation 2020 (2nd Patch Is Out)

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Tiny Living
    The 'All Included!' Lamp With Storage is no more, it has become the 'Not All Included!' Lamp Without Storage as our text writer was deceived and the Lamp does not allow a deco slot. Shenanigans!

But this is the exact point of Tiny living. To save up space by placing items in a space efficient way even if that means on that slot under the lamp.
    Are they joking? This is the whole point of a Tiny home I can't.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Tiny Living
    The 'All Included!' Lamp With Storage is no more, it has become the 'Not All Included!' Lamp Without Storage as our text writer was deceived and the Lamp does not allow a deco slot. Shenanigans!

But this is the exact point of Tiny living. To save up space by placing items in a space efficient way even if that means on that slot under the lamp.
    Are they joking? This is the whole point of a Tiny home I can't.

Once again: the easy way out as always.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    I don't look forward to having new things added to the existing game that created so many issues in past games for many but not for all....it is more enjoyable as a community when things work well overall for the majority and not the other way around for my preferences..for those who have experienced glitches that has caused your game to be unplayable...I hope your issues are addressed before any thing else.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2020

Sounds like maybe some free content is coming.
    Looks like July will have 2 patches.
    Pretty safe to say this week is patch week as Nifty Knitting is out next week. We ll probably see the patch Thursday.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    @catloverplayer I can't wait for the patch. I am basically unable to play atm because of the bugs and I don't even have any mods/cc. Being on holiday, I had been really hoping to get to play EL but nope. :/
    origin ID: adduapina
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Tiny Living
    So wait. Instead of giving it deco slots so it can live up to the name, they just changed the name and didn't improve it in any way?
    Remove don't improve that seems to happen a lot like whims that were disabled and never updated again.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Livestream is Tomorrow. I bet their going to show off some new content in the patch.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Livestream is Tomorrow. I bet their going to show off some new content in the patch.

@catloverplayer do you know the hour?
    edited July 2020
    telmarina wrote: »

11am pacific 2 pm eastern

11am pacific 2 pm eastern

Thank you :)
    That'll be 19pm london/lisbon time :)
  • meskalmeskal Posts: 12 New Member
    is it just me but i found that this stream was kind of boring, i feel like the guru knew nothing about the pack..

well, i'm hoping bunkbed, spiral stair case, some stuff for toddler and babie.. like stroller etc. I hope that one day they will decide to put a bit of effort in the babies.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    We're just getting a new ceiling light and the ability to name the cowplant in the patch. Plus bug fixes, hopefully. So don't get your hopes up for anything more than that...
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited July 2020
    Patch day !

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/979019/july-23rd-2020-patch-notes

I like this one
    • Has this ever happened to you? Your Sims are in the privacy of their bathroom, and suddenly there is the smell of smoke? If your Sims have experienced a... “burning sensation” while satisfying their Bladder need - no more! Thanks to F1xABuG*. F1xABuG deals with all symptoms of flammable bladder functions, patch today!
    *F1xABuG will not relieve all fire related incidents while in the bathroom, Sims still will possibly experience flammable encounters if they are Angry or have had Spicy Food. Fire may also still be experienced if Simmers have installed Eco Lifestyle and choose to Compost upgraded toilets with no Insect Farm on Lot. F1xABuG is not responsible for any other side effects, such as Reticulating Splines.
    edited July 2020
    6-Month roadmap
    I think it will be a surprise to many of you. The team has also been hard at work on some new surprise additions we plan to bring to the game over the summer. They are not massive changes, but they are pretty cool ones that I think you will have a ton of fun with.

The Sims Spark'd tab in the Gallery and Cowplant name... Next time please do not over-hype :p
    6-Month roadmap
    I think it will be a surprise to many of you. The team has also been hard at work on some new surprise additions we plan to bring to the game over the summer. They are not massive changes, but they are pretty cool ones that I think you will have a ton of fun with.

The Sims Spark'd tab in the Gallery and Cowplant name... Next time please do not over-hype :p

We got a light as well. I'm hoping the Pre GP Patch will add bigger new features.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    6-Month roadmap

fire fighter and ladders to people really wanted those
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    edited July 2020
    @comicsforlife

I completely forgot the June Patch. You're right, the new Bill system and the Off-The-Grid category are also appreciated.

• EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I think there may be another addition in the august update, since august will probably will be our 'quiet month' - assuming the GP will come out in september.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I think there may be another addition in the august update, since august will probably will be our 'quiet month' - assuming the GP will come out in september.

I agree. With the upcoming GP being something not done before (whether it's in TS4 or the whole franchise), there are things that might change with the packs that are coming.
    I think the August Patch will be a small one unless it comes at the end of the month before the GP in September.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Who asked for naming the Cow Plant? Why is this a thing? What does that add to gameplay? I don't get it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Who asked for naming the Cow Plant? Why is this a thing? What does that add to gameplay? I don't get it.

A game changer did 😐🙄
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »

A game changer did 😐🙄

Oh, then pardon me, I didn't know this was such a burning desire burning up Ideas section that have been ignored for the last six years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.