Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New or hidden "cook" aspiration?

Hi, I have all DLCs and recently I noticed some of my sims when they grew up from kids they got "cook" aspiration (icon is pan with a spoon). I do use mods but this cannot be one of them as it is completely translated into my language and I don't use translated mods (nobody ever translates into my language :smiley: )
It looks like a hidden aspiration but I cannot find any info about it. It's called "cook" in my language so it might be different in English.

screenshot-1594667465.jpg
EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
My build previews on this site HERE.

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I had a similar aspiration on one of my sims who aged into a young adult. I don't remember if it was Cook but the goals were similar. It seemed to be a bug, possibly from mods, since I use a couple mods. It certainly is strange.
  • solo17simssolo17sims Posts: 38 Member
    It actually means cook, but could you translate the rest?
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    it's an aspiration from the tutorial
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack

What did you mean by that?
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    edited July 2020
    Tutorial? I didn't even thought about that. And yes, my two teens got it after growing up (it is possible that they got it after they grew up to ya)
    I don't have any aspiration mods or any mod that alters aspirations (or tutorial). Only mod that adds something to the story I have is Meaningful stories but I have it in English, there is no Czech translation (and I am not aware it adds any aspirations).

Translation of the things on the picture would be:

Cook 3/4
    Your aspiration will lead your Sims through their lives. They will also gain satisfaction points, that you can trade for rewards.

Reward trait:
    Overconfident

Overconfident sims will get higher salary in jobs, they get promoted faster and they gain skills faster

Cook
    Balance between work and private life
    Go to vacation
    Visit a community lot
    Go fishing for 1 hour
    Meet new sims
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    solo17sims wrote: »

What did you mean by that?

There is an optional tutorial you can play to learn how to play the game, mostly aimed for new simmers (there is an option in the settings to turn it on or off and when you just start the game for the first time you get the option to play it).

In the tutorial your sim will get a custom tutorial aspiration (for learning to play the game basically) and the one OP got is one of them). Sometimes when NCPs (or your own sims in household you aren't playing at the moment) age up they might get one of those aspirations.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack

December 2018
    > @MeadowThayerr said:
    > I read somewhere on here that there is a hidden aspiration of "Grilled Cheese." Is this the only one? Once you've unlocked it, are you able to choose it in CAS or only for the sim who ate three grilled cheese?

Apparently the grilled cheese is not the only hidden one. Yesterday I moved a lady into my household and when I looked at her aspiration it was looking a bit weird so I checked it out and it sorta didn't exist. It was "chef" aspiration or "kokk" in my game (norwegian sims hah) and it had weirdly simple tasks in it like "getting ready for work by going to the bathroom and taking a shower" or "make coffee before work" etc. idk if anyone had discovered this one before but this was like out of the blue for me. The STRANGEST thing tho was that it said "talk to Alex" so uhm whointheworldisAlex so now I gotta find Alex aswell, nice.

Hidden like this. I have tested the tutorial before but I don't like, starting any new worlds.
    solo17sims wrote: »
    December 2018
    > @MeadowThayerr said:
    > I read somewhere on here that there is a hidden aspiration of "Grilled Cheese." Is this the only one? Once you've unlocked it, are you able to choose it in CAS or only for the sim who ate three grilled cheese?

Apparently the grilled cheese is not the only hidden one. Yesterday I moved a lady into my household and when I looked at her aspiration it was looking a bit weird so I checked it out and it sorta didn't exist. It was "chef" aspiration or "kokk" in my game (norwegian sims hah) and it had weirdly simple tasks in it like "getting ready for work by going to the bathroom and taking a shower" or "make coffee before work" etc. idk if anyone had discovered this one before but this was like out of the blue for me. The STRANGEST thing tho was that it said "talk to Alex" so uhm whointheworldisAlex so now I gotta find Alex aswell, nice.

Hidden like this. I have tested the tutorial before but I don't like, starting any new worlds.
    This is a old one.
    And yes it was a strange one that hidden aspiration.
    kalaksed
    kalaksed
    January 2019 edited January 2019
    @gll_frc that's the new tutorial ambition, which has four different versions (athlete, chef, painter, trendsetter) as seen in this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/951148/the-new-tutorial

edited to add: it's mentioned in that thread, but unplayed sims (either randomly generated townies or played sims in currently non-active households that age up) can be given that as their aspiration. fairly rare, but still happens, as you're seeing.

But this might be a better answer. I dunno.
    edited July 2020
    Interesting. But more interestingly it happened both times in played households (I only play in one household).

Edit: yep, it's the chef one from your link O_o
    Have you played out the tutorial? Then this is normal for walk a byes or npc. If not it's not normal. Too se more sims have this. If you have not played it, is unormal or if turned off. It's still unormal.
    Oh. I got one typo one the one before this. Sorry for that.
    This is my legacy household, like 8th generation. I did not play tutorial, it didn't even exist when I started this household :smile: