Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA cancelled this wonderfull fan project

JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
edited May 2020 in The Sims (2000)
Guys, this was real.... I'm so sad they couldn't release it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1511&v=l-8AR4dx_HA&feature=emb_logo

Comments

• katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    That stinks. But I guess I can kind of understand why EA did it. It's not just a matter of someone being inspired by their product. It's using their work directly and competing with something they already have on the market. (I don't like the Sims mobile game at all, and I think this would have been way better. If they were smart, they'd just pay the creator to make an official version.)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    That stinks. But I guess I can kind of understand why EA did it. It's not just a matter of someone being inspired by their product. It's using their work directly and competing with something they already have on the market. (I don't like the Sims mobile game at all, and I think this would have been way better. If they were smart, they'd just pay the creator to make an official version.)

The Sims is abandonware. If EA wants to make money off of TS1, they should sell it on Origin.
    wJbomAo.png
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    :'(>:)
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i was upset they cancelled simville after promoting it for a year.
  • PingliPingli Posts: 8 New Member
    At least Fresso is still active, Aka The Sims Online