Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 preteen stage

124...Next

Comments

• chibichocolatechibichocolate Posts: 33 Member
    I sure miss open world of the sims 3. I loved watching my sims taking their babies for walks in strollers and stuff. *sigh*
  • Midyin84Midyin84 Posts: 13 New Member
    I hate to be a negative nancy, but what do Tweens really do that Children and/or teenagers cant?

If they are going to add a life stage, then I would much rather it be Toddlers.... sorry..
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    they did a better job with freeplay with the younger sims than the sims 4 :/

newborns a lot like toddlers

toddlers a small version of the child

preteen instead of child because of how well developed toddlers are but like a larger version of a child and then teens!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    Pre teens would be nice because kids don't (and shouldn't) care about being loud and awkward and teens almost seem too mature and cool in TS4. idk it just feels like the gap is too big between those two stages.
    But I'd prefer Toddlers over Pre Teens any time since the Baby/Kid Difference is way too big.

Maybe toddlers and pre teens could be added in a Generations EP (since I think we most likely won't get them in an update)
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
  • JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    Also the preetens would be able to get boyfriends and girlfriends, but the only options they could get as having a boyfriend/boyfriend and then then the options could be hug/peck kiss/kiss on cheek and have like a squad like a group of friends and ability to bully.
  • JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    Here are The Loave Family siblings as pre-teens. :)

Don't get over excited... They're edited with Adobe Photoshop. x)

https://www.facebook.com/TheLoaveFamily/

YMdbHHU.png

EcAtUIZ.png

KtesqFy.png

j83nTvX.png

aTIzBm6.png

omg that's awesome! I really want preteens now!

THAT COULD REALLY BE SO GOOD
  • IndigoIndigo Posts: 89 Member
    edited January 2016
    So many people want pre teens while others don't. I feel people shouldn't include every beep person in this forum not wanting preteen in the Sins 4 in their undrated opinions. Just stop it people, quite trying to include everybody and cramming them up into one sent rod not wanting preteens because a lot of people do want preteens for good various reasons. You should only mention you in not wanting preteens, and not the entire Sims Forum population.
  • EmmaLuvsYouEmmaLuvsYou Posts: 18 Member
    I would add as a trait they always have, is confused XD

Cause.. Puberty. Get it?
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Toddlers are a definite must. Maybe have them end up going to preschool and able to eventually function on their own (like free play) sims I always thought were 8 or 9 because they are pretty self sufficient.

While I miss teens height, I do appreciate them having a different voice set than adults. Just give them some unique gameplay and interactions and they will stand out more. Preteeens would be 10-12 or 10-13 because the teens arm older in this game 16-18. They would be smaller than teens would probably have the voice of children but would be able to do more things and learn more skills (dancing, painting, cooking up to a certain level?, etc). They would have some limited romantic interactions (crushes, hand holding, kissing on the cheek, cooties, etc. they would also have mood swings causing them to have changed in emotion. They wouldn't,t be able to do everything teens can do, but they could still use certain kid toys and kid interactions. While it's not a long age group it could add some fun gameplay. Adults and young adults are the same yet they have both
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    I think they'll go through the Pimple stage. Or wear to much makeup.
    emmaning wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    If the Sims team ever decides to add preteens in the mix what do you think they would look like. Of course they will probably add toddlers first, but preteens may be a possibility. Would they go to middle school and maybe have little crushes, but of course not full blown romances. Would they be in between a height of a child and teen. What else does everyone else think they would be like? :)
    sims4_plainjane005-copy.jpg

Omg wht is she wearing? Looks like a badly matched outfit to me.

That's the whole point, to go through an embarrassing or maturing stage.
    JaysWrxld wrote: »
    Also the preetens would be able to get boyfriends and girlfriends, but the only options they could get as having a boyfriend/boyfriend and then then the options could be hug/peck kiss/kiss on cheek and have like a squad like a group of friends and ability to bully.

Yeah, and go to the principal's office or go back to TS2 and have private school.
  • KajkaElinaKajkaElina Posts: 201 Member
    How the heck are the children in Sims 4 12 year olds? I have a old picture of me when I was 7 and I look more mature than the children in-game.
    CATS ARE THE BEST!

My Origin ID is catKajka.
  • Landscapes101Landscapes101 Posts: 91 Member
    What they should do is, these "pre-teens" turn them into the actual teens and get rid of those tall non-distinctive teens.
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    What they should do is, these "pre-teens" turn them into the actual teens and get rid of those tall non-distinctive teens.

Not all teens are short, and the Teens now go to High School, not Middle School. High Schoolers are usually as tall, or, taller than their parents by this stage in their lives.

Pre-Teens are much suited to being Middle Schoolers, and have potential in being our Moodswing Prone teens. The chemical reactions are hard hitting during puberty after all.

Also, wouldn't you like to hear their squeaking voices, and their parents telling them when they're adults, how dramatic they were as Pre-Teens? :)
  • urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited January 2016
    Aaa, If they Fix the teens, then my Cougar "Miss White" cant have a teen boyfriend.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Do you guys think they'll convert some of the kids clothing to a preteen stage. I was just thinking about it and how it might work with existing packs like outdoor retreat where camping attire is needed. Or will they throw in some extra clothing for that stage for that pack. :)
  • Ansett4SimsAnsett4Sims Posts: 75 Member
    Looking back at my previous and my mind is telling me. "What da heck did you do to them?"

Anyway I like using Sims 4 contents and no, they are not photo shopped. :)

M4Gt7jH.png

FOG97hU.png

5Lt2dRR.png

REPNLEQ.png

XSFSN7K.png

7Z5Uzd0.png

• nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    If the Sims team ever decides to add preteens in the mix what do you think they would look like. Of course they will probably add toddlers first, but preteens may be a possibility. Would they go to middle school and maybe have little crushes, but of course not full blown romances. Would they be in between a height of a child and teen. What else does everyone else think they would be like? :)

I want preteens so bad! I love the ideas I have seen so far for them!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Tween would be lovely. They would have their own look & could do more than a child.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I don't really see a need for pre-teens.

Wow this thread is ancient. I cant believe ive been on the forum for 5 years.

And i still dont see a need.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Ansett4SimsAnsett4Sims Posts: 75 Member
    I don't really see a need for pre-teens.

Wow this thread is ancient. I cant believe ive been on the forum for 5 years.

And i still dont see a need.

Sorry I bumped in... But when I started using Blender, I stop thinking having Pre Teens in The Sims 4...
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    Right before children turn into Teens I totally revamp their fashion and hairstyles like a real preteen would. I'd love to see changes to teens and addition of preteens. More rebellious behaviors would be great. Teens randomly sneaking out or throwing parties while parts are away. I loved that in Sims 3. Pretens could be more into pranking, being mean to siblings, crushes, ect. I'd love to see kids/teens go through an 'emo' or 'preppy' stage. I have no issue with preteens wearing heavy makeup. Preteens today are more like teens and they are the future of the Sims players so why not be inclusive for them.
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    I'd like to see preteens. It does seem like a big leap from child to teen. The child already look like preteens to me. They add preteen and make the child look a little younger. Like true elementary school kids. That would be so cute. And first kisses and innocent movie dates. Little crushes
    That would be adorable.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'd like to see preteens. It does seem like a big leap from child to teen. The child already look like preteens to me. They add preteen and make the child look a little younger. Like true elementary school kids. That would be so cute. And first kisses and innocent movie dates. Little crushes
    That would be adorable.

That's why I think these kids were meant to be preteens already. Especially with the right design in CAS they literally look 11 to 12. Especially when you compare them to sims 3 kids.
    I personally wished the kids and teens looked younger. I try to make kids that is just leaving the toddler stage but they look waaay too old 😅😅😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(