Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is Your Favorite Edition of The Sims?

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    The Sims 3
    punkbees wrote: »
    I started out playing 3 as a teenager so that's the game I'm most nostalgic about, but I've come to prefer 4 for building. I was never huge on gameplay, which is definitely 3's strength. I do really miss having an open world though! I actually randomly stumbled across a copy of 1 in the CD section at a thrift store so obviously I had to buy it! I haven't been able to install it yet but I'd love to get it up and running on my computer someday.

Just to remind you, you can always get help and advice in The Sims 3 section of this forum when you're ready to install it in you computer, especially about how to avoid the update to 1.69!

• lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2 was the best... I loved the controls and the napping in front of the tv for fun n sleep at the same time....more enjoyable and felt more attached🤔🤔🤔.....I felt like the base game took a huge step backward and just add little things to keep it interesting 😒😒😒😒
  • AmyAngelusAmyAngelus Posts: 9 New Member
    The Sims 2
    The sims 2 & sims 4 mostly because both games have similar sims designs. The sims 3 designs looked ugly that not even the more immersive gaming wasn't worth it for me.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    The Sims 2
    I'm kinda shocked so many people likes Sims 3 that much. All that comes to my mind about it are potato faces lagging inside unrealistic all-matching houses. And bugs, scary bugs. The Store, the packs, my geez, I'm realizing I really hate it. University was the only thing it got right.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited June 2020
    The Sims 4
    I don’t even remember voting on this, but currently I like The Sims 2 the best.

Edit: I voted for The Sims 4?! Well, my opinion has changed dramatically since January.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    The Sims 3
    I'm kinda shocked so many people likes Sims 3 that much. All that comes to my mind about it are potato faces lagging inside unrealistic all-matching houses. And bugs, scary bugs. The Store, the packs, my geez, I'm realizing I really hate it. University was the only thing it got right.

I think a large part of it was how much ability you had to customize. The color wheel was awesome and being able to add lots to a world was a nice feature.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • J_Lanz16J_Lanz16 Posts: 6 New Member
    I Have Multiple Favorites
    there are 2, TS3 & TS4

for TS3, Open World and vast choices of customization made me fell in love on this series.
    transitioning from boring TS2's not-so-open world to TS3 made my mind blown that I can explore various places in the neighborhood without loading screen... well that comes with a drawback when it comes to performance of the game like that God-forbid saving error!

what I love about TS4 is that the sim have more personality than ever, despite of not having much traits like TS3 does.
    maybe we all remember how bare the game when its first release, I HATED IT! Its too little to offer that time and like... WTH?!?
    Its like where we all go back to TS2 but much improved graphics and excellent CAS that makes TS4 bearable to play.
    And of course, no more customization on EVERYTHING! Its a shock that it becomes limited again.
    As time goes by, I fully understand that gaming performance matters and removing that color wheel for customization is a must :'(
    And it takes many years to prove that TS4 is still worth playing and it did.

so those are my take on my favorite editions :wink:
    The Sims 3
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Honorable mention for The Sims Medieval, an odd little hybrid spin-off game. There was a lot in there I found satisfying.

I'd love to play Medieval at some point! It seems like a lot of fun.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    2 for the gameplay and drama, 4 for building and CAS
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
    The Sims 3
    Wow over 400 votes! Thank you to everyone who voted. I had no idea this thread would be as popular as it is!
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    I'm over the franchise, to be honest. Tired of TS4 and not planning to buy the SIms 5 if it is online as rumored. I'm hoping Paralives will be decent enough to let me scratch my creative itch in build mode. If that aspect is as good as the teasers, I don't really care whether the gameplay is good. if I have robust tools to create with, I could live with that even if I never played the live game.. It looks promising, but I manage my expectations when it comes to indie games.

The Sims was fun in its time, but I lost interest even before TS2 came out. TS2 is my nostalgic favorite, but I've acclimated to modern graphics and can't go back. I hated TS3 at first, but it eventually grew on me. The pudding faced sims, though. TS4 is left-wing propaganda falsely advertised as entertainment. If it wasn't for build mode I would have abandoned it a long time ago, and even that has gotten old.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Sims 3 & 4.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The Sims 2
    One word: Iconic!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    I like different parts of the games. 2 was the funniest. The animations and cut scenes are my favorites of all games. Loved the reaper. Wish he would come back that way in future games. 3 is my favorite gameplay except for grocery shopping. That's best in 2. Buying from the fridge is ridiculous. I actually liked running out of food. Lol. The maps are best in 3. But a little too big. And confined to one world. Still the best bc CARS. 4 would get my vote for best CAS and building tool. Except I prefer mods to make them look better. Would love to play without needing mod items. I don't want sims to look like real ppl. Just how they look with mod items. Like Daz characters would be great. Please make a game that includes the best of all games.
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    [quote="SimAlexandria;c-17381903"][quote="netney52;c-17381885"]After playing 1,3 and 4 for some reason I love 4 the most. Yes it’s not as in-depth or adult themed as much as the earlier versions but I like that I can play it as an ideal world telling the stories I want and allowing happy endings to my sims lives without much challenge. I get that a lot of people don’t like this about sims 4 but this is the one thing I love about it the most. It gives me the true escapism and de-stress from real life I need. [/quote]

4 is OK. I'd like a little more realism done comically. That's how I viewed 2.
    The Sims 3
    I think one thing that also keeps Sims 4 from being my favorite is the plot holes. Katrina Caliente and Don are dating per their household description/background story, yet when you ask her if she's single she replies that she is. I dunno, I wish sometimes that more effort was put into consistency.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    I wish I was a little older so I could of enjoyed sims 1 when it was out

Sims 2 BEST GAME EVER!!!!! Heck I even play sims games that came out GBA, PS2, PSP... I even asked a PSP just so that I could play that sims 2 game.

I took me a little while but I got into Sims 3, I miss it a lot! (I lost half of disks so I had to get them on Origin and when I found out about the final update/store update which limited the amount of stuff I could have I took all the games off of my computer because I wanted all my stuff or none of it (I needed that store content).

I enjoy Sims 4 for me it’s fun, I’m actually in the minority where I find it challenging enough although I never want to go to work with my sims or date because I HATE the system in place. Also it lacks heart and sometimes I have to go through a lot to make my game fun to play. I’m also afraid to put mods in because EA always making new problems when they fix issues I modded out)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2020
    ts1 is fave for epic things that were since dropped and can't be found in new games
    nostalgia, the music, its just precious and has place in my heart

ts2 is fave for the gameplay and overall emotion memories relationships story depth

ts3 honestly can't say I liked that much but I guess i liked the customization

ts4 is fave for building and cas,easy play and in short everything visually I can't even start building in old games anymore cause its just frustrating without ts4 tools
    +gallery is lots of fun too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    ALL OF THEM :D

I love the uniqueness of each game and play them whenever I have my time. It is really amazing :)
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    The Sims 3
    For me the top game is TS 3 because of the open world, colorwheel and content (EP, SP, Store).
    TS 2 and TS 4 come in second as I think these games are pretty similar (TS 4 is TS 2 just with new technology).
    And the least is the original, but only because it is so old now and I know what I am able to do in its iterations.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • nettaj581nettaj581 Posts: 1 New Member
    I loved 3 the most because of the open world and all the different lifestyles and cultures you can play through and the different worlds that are a little closer to real life areas and i loved all the dlc content from the sims 3 store i like 4 and play it but theres to much of the same exact styling in every pack everything is either very bohemian or very colorful and bright for example i live on a farm but always loved the idea of visiting Paris or Rome and have always loved coastal seaside living 3 allows this type of experience to happen were as 4 doesn't and its seems there was actually more to do
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    The Sims 2
    TS2 for me was groundbreaking with the addition of different age groups. Toddlers being my favorite. I also liked the humor and personalities that the Sims brought. Also, liked Bodyshop to create clothing for my sims. Also TS3 was awesome with the open worlds, custom design tools including color wheel and different patterns. I liked being able to customize furniture. But TS2 was definitely my fave. I wish it would work on my newer laptop though. Please bring TS2 and TS1 to origin.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    edited July 2020
    I couldn't pick just one - I think mostly because I played each edition at such a different time in my life! But if I had to narrow it down, I guess I'd say TS2 & TS4! TS2 because I was a kid & have *such* fond memories playing with my cousins & brother (not just laughs, but fighting & tears as well lol!) TS4 because I've probably invested the most hours in it & it's gotten me through particularly difficult times in my life!
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 1 - didn't get...had a real estate career to run. Too busy with "real life" to want to have to deal with micro-managing Sims on a balky computer system that would barely run VANDAT (our MLS system back then) correctly.
    Sims 2 - too busy trying to get a photography business off the ground and being a parent to a toddler and a newborn.
    Sims 3 - didn't get at the time it was released because there was too much to do with real life at the time when it was first released...busy with photography...
    Sims 4 - will not get because I don't want to waste money on a game that is not up to standards as far as my gaming style is concerned.

2017 - convalescence from severe lung-blockage pneumonia in 2016. Was advised by a friend to stay away from Sims 4 and to buy Sims 3 (my wife, @Featherbelle, had originally bought the game to play herself and loaned it to me to install on my computer so that I'd quit bugging her that "honey, there's nothing to do..." - it was either that or kill me (to get me out of her misery).

Been playing Sims 3 ever since.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The Sims 2

Didn't you know TS3 out sold TS1 and TS2? It was clear people loved CASt and Open World. And a lot of people who still preferred TS2 Sims' personality AI, loved CAW. Even if they didn't like some missing animations, and or AI about what Sims do while idle or on their own, or how long it took them do an action, they liked building worlds for others. The number one answer when asked was CASt. It wasn't just color wheel but that people could make something look totally different from what it was intended by actually changing some colors and patterns. Like a footstool could suddenly be a treasure chest, sort of imagination, creativity run amuck. It was great.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.