Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

💜 Quick Creativity CAS Challenge 💜 GLovelysQCC

Comments

• NeoFelis22NeoFelis22 Posts: 194 Member
    edited July 2020
    Argh! I'm being driven bananas trying to find a way to write my description without it being flagged as having a disallowed word! I've removed and/or changed multiple words, and I'll still getting that message! 😒 I'm thinking that I'll give it up for the night and try again after I've had some rest.

On a positive note, I've been really enjoying the entries that I've seen so far!
  • Flash5Flash5 Posts: 105 Member
    NeoFelis22 wrote: »
    Argh! I'm being driven bananas trying to find a way to write my description without it being flagged as having a disallowed word! I've removed and/or changed multiple words, and I'll still getting that message! 😒 I'm thinking that I'll give it up for the night and try again after I've had some rest.

On a positive note, I've been really enjoying the entries that I've seen so far!

Oh I hate it when that happens! The one I always forget is .... he'll .... they think I'm trying to say hell maybe? :/ I sometimes end up deleting one word I think might be the offender, nope, another, nope, it can be infuriating - just wish they could highlight the word they don't like!! Anyways - happy sleeps and try again another time. <3
    Thank you, @Flash5 ! That was it! Now I'm going to see if I can upload some images. 🤞
    edited July 2020
    Gardening Is A Must!

David has always had quite the green thumb, and without his garden, life would be quite humdrum. He loves plants so much that he always wears green; without something in that color he will never be seen. Plants are the key to good food, wealth, and without them we'd all be in really bad health. So go get your hands into that good soil, and with time you'll grow things that're fit for a royal!

Udj2L6k.png

David in his greenhouse planting.

2VzBwaj.png

David can always count on his plants to be good listeners.

edited July 2020
    I don't know how much pictures add to this entry, but I did it! 😁

Another thank you to @Flash5 for inspiring me to try my hand at a rhyming entry!
    Post edited by NeoFelis22 on
    I don't know how much pictures add to this entry, but I did it! 😁

Another thank you to @Flash5 for inspiring me to try my hand at a rhyming entry!

... and what a good rhyme too!! Awesome!!! <3 Heading into the gallery to put a fave on him immediately x
  • DeaSimmer0DeaSimmer0 Posts: 50 Member
    Gardening Is A Must!

David has always had quite the green thumb, and without his garden, life would be quite humdrum. He loves plants so much that he always wears green; without something in that color he will never be seen. Plants are the key to good food, wealth, and without them we'd all be in really bad health. So go get your hands into that good soil, and with time you'll grow things that're fit for a royal!

Udj2L6k.png

David in his greenhouse planting.

2VzBwaj.png

David can always count on his plants to be good listeners.

Loved it @NeoFelis22 I loved that we thought of the same skill. For me is also A MUST. My sims always have a garden to take care of <3
  • DeaSimmer0DeaSimmer0 Posts: 50 Member
    Gardening is my therapy! I love to take care of my babies, growing my own vegetables and plants to decorate my home. To optimize the space and have double the plants, I placed some vertical planters in my terrace, my favourite place in the world!

0U7LJgm.jpg

8jhRBpg.jpg

sZYRTmt.jpg
    I LOVED HOW HAPPY SHE WAS <3

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/19DBD19FC46311EA8E00514E9323BCCC?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=DeaSimmer0&max=50&maxis=false
    DeaSimmer0 wrote: »
    Loved it @NeoFelis22 I loved that we thought of the same skill. For me is also A MUST. My sims always have a garden to take care of <3

Mine always have a garden too. As I commented on the gallery, GMTA. 😁

• FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    GLovely1 wrote: »
    FIFTEENTH WEEKEND CHALLENGE!
    Hi @GLovely1 thanks for this nice challenge... I didn't understand all the request and if there's any exeption ( i wrote about it below at the end...)
    Creative Direction & Rules:
    only one activity or skill from the build items and build your sim household around that item. For example, if you choose "The Relaxer Massage Table", each of your sims should be all about the benefits of massage. You can pick your most favorite item you love seeing your sims use so for me it's a tie between one of the mixology bars & the karaoke machine ;)
    Pick the one that makes your sim world whole. It's that one must have you can't live without in your game. Be sure to name it in your description too as you describe what your sim or sims love to do.

... CAS tools! You can only use BaseGame items and items from the game pack your activity/skill item comes from. For example, if I choose the karaoke machine I can only use City Living CAS items in addition to BaseGame items.

For this ... did I understand well that to take the picture in a sort of "set" we must build only with base game objects + the choosen pack?
    ... eventually music has no additional pack...

Rules:
    Only BaseGame CAS items in addition to items included in the one pack your skill/activity item comes from. Note: there is a coding glitch that occurs when trying to create basegame+1 pack. If you double check & you know you're only using BaseGame + your item pack, please write that in the comments of your creation.

For the exeption...I mean:
    for guy MUSIC ability... as it comes in base game ... can be added some dress or hair from another pack of my choice to get: BASE + 1 ?

Another thing ... you said about a glitch when trying to create Base game + 1...
    well that glitch appears (at least in my games) when trying to do: base game sim... never had that done... at least one pack is added...
    and I search everywhere and it doesn't come out the guilty item!!!
    So for the male I get: base + parentshood and for the female I get: base + seasons...
    So for the male (as he would be "base game" with the musician item)... can I add hair from: DELUXE PARTY STUFF?

and DELUXE PARTY obviously would result with also parenthood (given from the strange trick that program sorts out)

Last thing I guess the sims must have the ability related to the item... right? Which is the minimum level? Or it must me at the max of 10?...
    Fiuuu sorry if I wrote a lot... goodbye and thanks again :)

7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
    @DeaSimmer0 .. compliments for the shot of your female Sim so happy for gardening!!! Lovely <3
    edited July 2020
    Flash5 wrote: »

Oh I hate it when that happens! The one I always forget is .... he'll .... they think I'm trying to say hell maybe? :/ I sometimes end up deleting one word I think might be the offender, nope, another, nope, it can be infuriating - just wish they could highlight the word they don't like!! Anyways - happy sleeps and try again another time. <3

A big witch hunt to find the forbidden word...
    Once i got this (for gay pride Saffo Suzuki) ... as Saffo is a poetess I put tag: ..... (name of of the ancient poetess greek native island) ... but it was said a bad word....
    another one ... with this tag: chinesebathroom ... was considered I think a sort of offense to the chinese .... i do not know english slang... but I thought bathroom was a polite word ... I mean in italian we translate: bagno ... = no offense ... for offense we say: cesso!!!

So good luck for a fast "word hunting" @NeoFelis22 ... this kind of hunt drives people mad ... along with: try base game sim!!!

I edited with .... ( and not the island name) that appeared "flowers" to not be shown ...

... flowers instead of the greek Island name... it must be a really forbidden word in english...
  • ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    @FrankieDanySIMS This challenge works off a chosen item in the skill/activity category, not the skill itself. To use music as an example: you would do a base game only household if you chose the guitar since it's added by the base game. But if you chose say the pipe organ instead, then you'd do a vampires + base game household.

Hope that makes sense as an example.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I’m experiencing the base game gallery glitch and it’s driving me insane. I have my CAS categories all set to base game only (as that’s the item I chose). Every time I save my family to my library, it’s showing the parenthood pack and occasionally shows get famous. Of course, when I click on those packs to double check what the items are, it lists nothing because I’m only using base game items. I think I’ve figured out which items are triggering get famous to appear (there are two female base game tops that I think were added in an update to the game around the same time get famous came out, but they’re used in the new base game premade sims that were released with the marketing/brand update so they are definitely base game), but I can’t for the life of me figure out which item(s) are triggering parenthood. Big ooof!

0IzRxZE.jpg
    ZebSims wrote: »
    @FrankieDanySIMS This challenge works off a chosen item in the skill/activity category, not the skill itself. To use music as an example: you would do a base game only household if you chose the guitar since it's added by the base game. But if you chose say the pipe organ instead, then you'd do a vampires + base game household.

Hope that makes sense as an example.

Well @ZebSims there's the saying "exeption confirms the rule" ... who knows... ? ;)
    I don't think I'd like to send my male sim with different hair from the ones that I think perfect on him...

Anyway: I can't even get BASE GAME SIM !!! it adds a "random" ??? pack...
    I'm quite tired of checking again ad again to see what is gone wrong...
    I may also be "blind" but I can't really find the item!! Same problem for male and female that I made just today :/
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    amp107 wrote: »
    I’m experiencing the base game gallery glitch and it’s driving me insane. I have my CAS categories all set to base game only (as that’s the item I chose). Every time I save my family to my library, it’s showing the parenthood pack and occasionally shows get famous. Of course, when I click on those packs to double check what the items are, it lists nothing because I’m only using base game items. I think I’ve figured out which items are triggering get famous to appear (there are two female base game tops that I think were added in an update to the game around the same time get famous came out, but they’re used in the new base game premade sims that were released with the marketing/brand update so they are definitely base game), but I can’t for the life of me figure out which item(s) are triggering parenthood. Big ooof!

I've figured it out! I must have needed to complain about it "out loud" for my brain to solve the puzzle :D

It's definitely base game items, but the gallery is for some reason reading them as other packs. These are culprit items:

These base game female shirts, as I suspected, are registering as get famous in the gallery -

6xp3OuT.jpg

And THIS is the one that was giving me a hard time; these shorts are registering as parenthood but are indeed not from that pack and are newer base game shorts -

Met9AfJ.jpg

Now I have to decide if my OCD can stand using these items and having gallery sims appear to not be base game only as they are, or if I just want to replace the items with similar OG base game items and save myself the minor headache of my sims not appearing perfectly base game only in gallery.

0IzRxZE.jpg
    I had exactly the same problem @amp107 and @FrankieDanySIMS so I just added ** NO Get To Work ** at the end of my bio. I'm sure if you put it in the comments that would be as good. I always left click on the pack it is showing (that I haven't used) and the items used is always blank - I didn't realise that items once from that pack could since have been added to basegame tho, that probably explains the glitch.

@FrankieDanySIMS as its a prize giveaway round I really want to make sure your entry qualifies and @ZebSims described perfectly - the only pack allowed is the one the skill item is from. Basegame is a given, the extra pack that the skill item is from (if there is one) is the only pack allowed - in other words, it must be a 1-pack creation. If there's a hairstyle you love could you perhaps pick a skill object from that pack? As for more than 1 sim with different items, I think that would complicate matters pack-wise as it is meant to be restricted. Hope this helps (ps. the random pack problem, just write in comments that you haven't used anything from the pack showing).

<3
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member

I've figured it out! I must have needed to complain about it "out loud" for my brain to solve the puzzle :D

It's definitely base game items, but the gallery is for some reason reading them as other packs. These are culprit items:

These base game female shirts, as I suspected, are registering as get famous in the gallery -

6xp3OuT.jpg

And THIS is the one that was giving me a hard time; these shorts are registering as parenthood but are indeed not from that pack and are newer base game shorts -

Met9AfJ.jpg

Now I have to decide if my OCD can stand using these items and having gallery sims appear to not be base game only as they are, or if I just want to replace the items with similar OG base game items and save myself the minor headache of my sims not appearing perfectly base game only in gallery.

As @GLovely1 said, we can just comment on our creations that we have only used certain packs. It's no one's fault that the Gallery lists other packs being included when it's not and I'm sure @GLovely1 understands. Plus, if she wanted to, she could just click on the pack icons to see what we used/didn't use from those packs. My Sim has Get to Work listed as one of the packs used for some reason.

Also, thanks for that info! I think I understand why that glitch is happening: those items were originally from certain packs, but were made available in the base game later on and the Gallery wasn't updated to reflect that.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Challenge: 15
    Entry: Eliza Flowers
    Story:
    Eliza stared at the unopened envelope, mesmerized by the glowing ink and handwritten name. Her name: Eliza Flowers. This was the moment she had been waiting for her whole life. She carefully opened the envelope with shaking hands. As she slowly pulled the letter out she saw the words, “CONGRATULATIONS” and she could barely read the rest. She has been accepted to the elite and secret School of Magic!
    eliza-flowers_orig.png

She studied hard with her friends, learning the history of magic and great spellcasters in both history and contemporary times.
    07-12-20-2-07-12-pm.png

Until at last the day came when she was deemed worthy of becoming a spellcaster herself. She could feel the magic pulsing through her veins as she was lifted up off the ground.
    07-12-20-2-12-39-pm.png

Now came the hard work: actually creating and working with magic. Today, she continues to toil over her cauldron hoping that one day her name will be listed in one of those history books.
    07-12-20-2-17-48-pm.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    edited July 2020
    Flash5 wrote: »
    I had exactly the same problem @amp107 and @FrankieDanySIMS so I just added ** NO Get To Work ** at the end of my bio. I'm sure if you put it in the comments that would be as good. I always left click on the pack it is showing (that I haven't used) and the items used is always blank - I didn't realise that items once from that pack could since have been added to basegame tho, that probably explains the glitch.

@FrankieDanySIMS as its a prize giveaway round I really want to make sure your entry qualifies and @ZebSims described perfectly - the only pack allowed is the one the skill item is from. Basegame is a given, the extra pack that the skill item is from (if there is one) is the only pack allowed - in other words, it must be a 1-pack creation. If there's a hairstyle you love could you perhaps pick a skill object from that pack? As for more than 1 sim with different items, I think that would complicate matters pack-wise as it is meant to be restricted. Hope this helps (ps. the random pack problem, just write in comments that you haven't used anything from the pack showing).

<3

Ok thanks @Flash5 I got it....so only base for musician ... but for the set for the picture shot? Must be all in the set (furniture / building items) also from base game?
    PS
    Thanks to @amp107 .... I hope to find that I used the sport shorts too... to take them off :|
    edited July 2020
    I did have an idea for something that might help. It's a website that gives you the instructions and command lines to remove packs from your game before starting it up. I've found it useful for tracking down items that have been added to the base game, but still show up as from a pack. The URL is:

https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks
    I'm quoting myself here in case anyone thinks that they'd find this tool helpful. There are no ads on the page, and I don't know the guy running it beyond watching some of his videos on YouTube. This is what I use to fix the problems @amp107 and @FrankieDanySIMS were having when I post things that are supposed to be base game only, since not everyone knows about this issue. It sounds like @amp107 found the offending items though, and good for you!

If you use the above site to help you remove packs, it will remove items that are now supposed to be base game, but still show up as belonging to a pack when you save. You can always add them back in once you know what they are, and just use a disclaimer, of course. I say this because anyone who clicks on the packs shown on the gallery will see a blank area if it's been added to the base game. (I hope I'm making sense here. 🙂)

@FrankieDanySIMS : I would think that any pictures you take with items from other packs in the background should be fine. If anyone wants to use their +1 pack for hair and/or clothing, I can't imagine why that wouldn't be okay. @GLovely1 is the ultimate arbiter though.

I hope you both get your entries up with minimal problems from here on out! Good luck!
    ... flowers instead of the greek Island name... it must be a really forbidden word in english...

I know the island you're talking about. It can be used as a derogatory term for lesbians or by someone who thinks calling someone a lesbian is an insult. This is a case that if it's capitalized, it should be fine, but the filter may not be that finely tuned.
    edited July 2020
    I just realized that I contradicted @ZebSims and @Flash5 with my advice re the +1 pack. Oops! Hopefully @GLovely1 will be along Monday to sort it out.

I hope that I'm right because double-checking my entry and looking at another of the other entries on the gallery, the only items used from packs are CAS items. If I'm wrong about what's acceptable, I, and at least one other entrant, will have to alter our sim and re-upload.
    Post edited by NeoFelis22 on

Yes @NeoFelis22 for sure @GLovely1 words could tell us about the base + 1 concept...
    For me is also a not such a big issue if I do not bring in this challenge my musician (I won't with hair not appropriate 100% for him) ...
    I can do another character and keep my musician for some other challenge ... thanks for the link <3 ... it can be useful to investigate... I did found the sports shorts (parenthood) with the help of @amp107 <3 but for the female i still got the mistery of: seasons.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top