Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Informative update! WIP: Thistlecreek Village - A Sims 1 Makin' Magic Inspired World!

13...Next

Comments

• kikicardinkikicardin Posts: 2 New Member
    I am so sorry to hear that you no longer do your New Fair Haven project. Seemed so wonderfull to play with it! Can't wait to see your Thistlecreek Village :)
  • KennziKaigeKennziKaige Posts: 132 Member
    @geminiagre thank you! I didn't except the library to come out as it did o.o floorplans are the hardest part for me to be honest lol
    @fkasims thank you!
    @kikicardin New Fair Haven was lost due to a computer wipe some time ago and my husband thought he backed up my files, but instead he made a link to them and they were gone once we reset our desktop computer. :( To ensure that this doesn't happen again, we now have an external hard drive that I backup Thistlecreek Village to every day I work on the project.
    Thistlecreek Village forum link here.
    Some progress shots of the re-export with no lots.

tumblr_nt1920cQj71tjvzwco3_1280.png
    tumblr_nt1920cQj71tjvzwco2_1280.png

And a nice scenery photo!

tumblr_nt194mfVDa1tjvzwco2_1280.png

Still have sooo much to do but I'm hammering away! The support means so much, everyone, thank you!

• thejmobilethejmobile Posts: 20 Member
    Looks fantastic so far! I love the library...
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I love this world but my game lags and crashes when I install CC and Store Content :( I hope this world will still work without them :)
    edited August 2015
    @thejmobile thank you!
    @jackjack_k I do plan on releasing a blank version and a CC-free! :smiley: Unfortunately this world does rely on some major store worlds (ie Monte Vista's lighthouse) even without the built lots put into the finial product and for some of the iconic Magic Town lots :( but I can see what I can do once I settle the different versions!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @thejmobile thank you!
    @jackjack_k I do plan on releasing a blank version and a CC-free! :smiley: Unfortunately this world does rely on some major store worlds (ie Monte Vista's lighthouse) even without the built lots put into the finial product and for some of the iconic Magic Town lots :( but I can see what I can do once I settle the different versions!

Woo! Yay :)
    I'm terribly sorry for my long absence. There is an explanation and update on the first page!

There are no new world updates to showcase at this moment but I am still working away at Thistlecreek, slowly but surely.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    This world looks lovely, Makin' Magic was my favorite expansion. Shame about Windows 10, I'll bookmark this so I can check it out later. I hope you are able to get it sorted.

As for getting Sims to run, have you tried running it in compatibility mode?
    edited October 2015
    @Jessabeans Thank you! :) Hopefully I can get out some updates on the total progress I've been able to slowly make lol.
    Unfortunately yes and the game still will not launch (it is successfully installed and was operational on Windows 8). I was reading just the other day that Windows 10 does not support Safedisc, the DRM that The Sims 1 uses. There were a couple suggestions that I will attempt today. Fingers crossed!

UPDATE: So the fix suggested via a forum I came across fixed the problem! The suggestion isn't "illegal" but I don't want to get my thread closed, so if anyone is interested please inbox me and I'll letcha in on the fix!
    Post edited by KennziKaige on
    edited October 2015
    So I don't have any "older" screenshots of my progress other than what I have of a certain lot, so here is a hint of what that lot is! :smiley:

tumblr_nw9qtn4eoo1tjvzwco1_1280.png

I’ve just about finished every lot in the Creepy Hollow district. These lots are my absolute favorite. One area down, so many more to go…
    Calamity Forest iconic lots and housing
    Creepy Hollow iconic lots and housing
    Thistlecreek town center and homes
    Oceanside homes and beach lots.

---

I will guiltily admit that I have also started a smaller project to cope with my frustrations over Thistlecreek. I'm able to work on this other world via my laptop for now, as it's a lot smaller and only has 30 lots (unlike Thistlecreek with it's ~130 lots and large map size). It's destined to be a travel destination world, but supposedly could be used as a home neighborhood.
    tumblr_inline_nsd32jZBHT1sm3fmj_500.png

It wasn't supposed to be started until the completion of Thistlecreek, but I desperately needed a change of scenery lol. This world takes place far into the icy north. Based off of concepts from medieval Scandinavian landscapes.
    Seems I finished this little side project must faster than I ever expected! It's finished as a blank, unpopulated world and it now has it's own forum! Ta da!
  • rawrmaegansmilerawrmaegansmile Posts: 240 Member
    How is this world coming along??
    xoxo
    edited July 2016
    @rawrmaegansmile Third time's the charm with this troublesome world! The saves (even my backups) were corrupted so I had to start over yet again. I've made progress quite quickly! Here's an update :]

tumblr_o9xb4vOPoL1tjvzwco1_1280.png
    Here's a good picture of an update.
    I'm still procrastinating the mountains; I have to not only finish sculpting, but paining and adding snow. I have a few more small aesthetic mountain rivers and waterfalls to add too. Again, there's no distant terrain. Someday I'll learn hopefully lol.

Anyway, this is the general layout. I don't foresee it changing drastically, if much at all. I have a few more areas to probably add more lots (while the map is large, the town itself is quite small) so far I only have about mmaayybbee 60? lots. Most are commercial.

The biggest changes are (minus the overall layout)
    1. I removed Calamity Forest's dwellings. There are no longer any home lots in Magic Town except for Creepy Hollow just like in The Sims 1 Makin' Magic. I can however add some if this is more desired! :smiley:
    2. I made the Oldtown/Downtown district much smaller and compact.
    3. The suburban area to the right is more compact.
    4. Only one major river now instead of two major rivers + a lake.
    5. The lighthouse peninsula is much larger. Much much larger (whoopsie!) It also houses the forest campground.
    6. I added swamps to Creepy Hollow.

Any suggestions would be amazing!

ALSO! Any world creators having problems with Store World content not showing up in CAW? Due to our PC upgrading, I was forced into the 1.69 update and have noticed that using SuperCAW, none of my store content shows up in the Metadata but will in EIG. It's not a huge concern for now, but there are world elements I will need for this (Midnight Hollow's Tombstones around the in-wold swamps) and I cannot figure out why this is happening.

tumblr_oanioeeHqs1tjvzwco1_1280.png
    An update containing some ocean side shops in Oceanwood Bay and a view of the main town from Creepy Hollow.

tumblr_odnr5xLSbD1tjvzwco1_1280.png

tumblr_odnr5xLSbD1tjvzwco2_1280.png
    edited October 2016
    Picture dump!

I'm still procrastinating on sculpting and painting... I can't seem to sit at my computer long enough to want to churn some progress out on the mountains.

tumblr_oehibnUFy71tjvzwco1_1280.png
    tumblr_oehibnUFy71tjvzwco2_1280.png
    tumblr_oehibnUFy71tjvzwco5_r1_1280.png
    The three beach shops in the Oceanwood Bay area. A family seafood restaurant, a Starbucks inspired cafe, and a sports bar.

tumblr_oehielYlb21tjvzwco1_1280.png
    Iconic Hedman's Hideaway that I always do hehehe.

tumblr_oehih1rfwf1tjvzwco1_1280.png
    And finally a re-modeled Victorian style home that's inspired by my husband's and my dream home :D
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Those shops look so charming!
    edited June 2017
    @Jessabeans Thank you :)

Took some time off social media (and like forums) but I have a bunch of updates!

tumblr_of0ehngkhT1tjvzwco2_1280.png
    Finally the painted mountains! I don't know if I wanna add more painting detail or not.

tumblr_oesz1fnB3J1tjvzwco2_1280.png
    The Old Town "Downtown" area is finished!

tumblr_oepq6tdfCl1tjvzwco1_1280.png
    I tried to remake the old library from the previous installment.

tumblr_oemzyuaEzm1tjvzwco4_1280.png
    The historic fire station in Old Town

tumblr_oesyxmCU9u1tjvzwco1_1280.png
    Waterfront scenic road

Now, I still have a few residential buildings to finish and most of the Creepy Hollow/Calamity Forest area to build up.
    tumblr_oey5p88XJg1tjvzwco1_1280.png

I'm having a little bit of a water plane issue in some areas that needs addressed. I hope to have an open beta test in the near future.
  • rawrmaegansmilerawrmaegansmile Posts: 240 Member
    Everything looks so cute and lovely!!
    xoxo
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @KennziKaige have you finished this project?
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    This looks really good. Too bad I don’t own most of the stuff packs