Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bunk Beds are most likely coming soon!

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
I'm sure most people have seen that the sims mobile has bunk beds now, which has lead to a lot of complaining that we don't have them in the sims 4 but this is actually most likely a good thing!

It means bunk beds are something the sims team is considering and it shows that they've been working on creating realistic animations for bunk beds. There's no way they'd work on creating realistic bunk bed animations for a mobile game and then not bring them to the main game, especially given how desired bunk beds are with sims players.

sims-mobile-bunk-beds-1594315601.jpg?resize=480:*

Ladders came out a month ago aswell, which is obviously another big part of bunk bed animations, it seems a logical next step to release bunk beds after this. This combined with bunk beds being released in the mobile game a month later heavily signals that they're most likely coming sometime soon, possibly even with the upcoming game pack.

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    To be honest though, if they are coming, it doesn't make sense for TSM to get them first...:( and imo I don't they are coming.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if you were right and they showed up in the next game pack. They've always said they couldn't budget them into a stuff pack but they would have to be a game pack or expansion pack. The signs all do seem to be here that this is going to be a reality soon. I'm just hoping that they add a simple version to the base game in case I don't want the rest of the pack they come with. :D
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    That game is made in Australia now. The people making Sims 4 aren’t the ones making that stuff. Last I checked there are bits of content in the mobile game Sims 4 doesn’t have. I don’t think it means they are coming to PC.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2020
    Maybe, people thought the same thing when Island Living was released with ladders.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    IF ot comes in the next game pack, what can it be about? Maybe intern active high school?
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I hope they come soon. I didnt know there was such a high demand for them. I also think that since they are adding them to the mobile game, then ts4 might be next.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Ugh, hopefully they aren't glitchy messes like the ones in TS3 were.
  • flowersspringflowersspring Posts: 27 Member
    why do people want bunk beds so bad? so your sim will struggle to get up to the top bunk and then glitch teleport when they wake up? i just see there being a lot of issues with it. i hate how simmers latch onto one thing and beg for it nonstop until they finally add it to the game and then it's on to the next thing to beg for. before it used to be packs like seasons, pets and university. now it's silly things like bunk beds and burglars.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    why do people want bunk beds so bad? so your sim will struggle to get up to the top bunk and then glitch teleport when they wake up? i just see there being a lot of issues with it. i hate how simmers latch onto one thing and beg for it nonstop until they finally add it to the game and then it's on to the next thing to beg for. before it used to be packs like seasons, pets and university. now it's silly things like bunk beds and burglars.

Lots of people like to recreate things they see or experience in real life in the game.

I prioritize gameplay above CAS and Build/Buy, but sometimes I find it relaxing to put on a podcast and try to recreate a real place from memory as close as I can.

My roommate and I have a recreation of our apartment. We update it sometimes when we make changes. (Need to update it again, come to think of it). I remember a couple years ago being weirdly excited to get a pack not only for all the major intended selling points. But also because it had a small magazine rack. Like we have. So I could go update the apartment to be more accurate.

I was absolutely begging for landings/turning stairs before that update, because without them I could not build the layouts of so many normal homes, including the house I grew up in.

I assume a lot of people want bunk beds because a lot of people had or have bunk beds.

They’re also 🐸🐸🐸🐸 useful when it comes to saving floor space for people who play bigger families. And if you have Tiny Living (which, I don’t) and are trying to get those small home bonuses, that floor space becomes prime real estate.

Hell I remember in the Sims 3 I used to have a mod that let you put beds and furniture On the ceiling 😂😂😂. It basically doubled the usable square footage of your home. “Why not just make the house bigger?” I have no idea. I didn’t want to. So I wanted to take advantage of vertical space.

I mean, if you gave me a button that said “The Sims get more individual AI and autonomy and better relationships and memories, but the game will NEVER have bunk beds” I’d press it. But that doesn’t mean I don’t WANT bunk beds. My sister and I shared a bunk bed for like 8 years. It’d be nice to be able to make our old bedroom in game.

It’s a thing in real life and people are likely to want stuff from real life in the game. Bunk beds aren’t the top of my list (they aren’t even the top of my items/build buy list), but they are on the list. People want different things from the game.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    If they are coming they wont be in free updates im sure of it
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2020
    Lol, that design though. Are they going to pull another MFPS?

By that I mean are they going to hold back items again from (in this case Tiny Living) to sell seperately later?
    Just like they did with the furniture that obviously was supposed to be in C&D?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    If they are coming they wont be in free updates im sure of it

Yeah most definitely, they came with generations in TS3, they've said before it's a lot of work and too big even for a stuff pack so they're definitely not gonna be in the base game.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    That game is made in Australia now. The people making Sims 4 aren’t the ones making that stuff. Last I checked there are bits of content in the mobile game Sims 4 doesn’t have. I don’t think it means they are coming to PC.

It shouldn’t matter where the games are made. Whichever studio does the animations, they are easily transferable onto any rig. Same for the objects. Both studios should be sharing that data.

I do think bunk beds will be added to TS4 at some point.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited July 2020
    The ladder animation is very different, the sims won't stand on the bed.
    They must also crouch and crawl.

The ladder animation is useful for only 2 steps, the rest is completely new.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I have no doubts they are coming. I'll be happy when people finally get them but I honestly don't get the obsession over certain objects. I remember people were going crazy for murphy beds, once they got it they moved on to the next obsessive item.
    Besides being a bit of a space saver I doubt I would even use it much. I like my sims to sleep close to eachother it brings a feeling of togetherness.
    I just wonder what kind of pack they will come in. Fingers crossed for teen or kid pack.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited July 2020
    The ladder animation is very different, the sims won't stand on the bed.
    They must also crouch and crawl.

The ladder animation is useful for only 2 steps, the rest is completely new.

It should be ‘straight forward‘ enough to create a combination of different animations that studios have in their library. The ‘ladder’ animation and the ‘get into bed’ animation combined and tweaked a bit, will be perfect for bunk beds. Whatever I’ve seen from the bunk bed animation, this seems to be exactly the way it’s done. Depending on the complexity of movement, it may sometimes be easier to create animation from scratch, but I think there will always be an attempt at first to combine existing elements in order to save time and money.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7

Maybe they will recycle TS3 animation.

15010.jpg

Possibly. Although I think it’s more likely that they’d use the animation already created for the bunkbeds in TSM. Same rigs, same objects.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

It shouldn’t matter where the games are made. Whichever studio does the animations, they are easily transferable onto any rig. Same for the objects. Both studios should be sharing that data.

I 100% agree with you but that hasn’t happened so far with any mobile exclusive gameplays stuff

I 100% agree with you but that hasn’t happened so far with any mobile exclusive gameplays stuff

True. So far it has been more common for TSM to take stuff from TS4, than the other way around.
    Still. We may see a little change in that pattern, for the sake of those TS4 players who have been quite vocal about bunk beds. We'll have to see how the devs will handle this one...
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    I would not be surprised if they are indeed coming. I believe they will be released in a free update.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Honestly, I'm not a player that desperately wants bunk beds, but the fact that TSM got them first even though there has been a large demand for them in TS4 really left a sour taste in my mouth, that ontop of the bunk beds being designed after the Tiny Living furniture sets. If we do get bunk beds they better be a free addition.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Sounds great but the Garden is broke. Need money to buy stuff like Bunk Beds.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't think so.
    Lu4ERme.gif