Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What game in the franchise did you play first

ยซ1
I was bored and I was wondering how many people had played from the beginning.
Gallery ID: cavapoo_king

What game in the franchise did you play first 103 votes

Sims
68%
Akl500PBluegaylecanitbemanJderrick094nickibitswardErja888zorba2357AyradyssLiltab1121lisamwittCamkatmcruddIsb917SimburianKementarisimgirl1010friendlysimmersfruitsbasket101Cinebaralanmichael1 71 votes
Sims 2
10%
EvilWitch83cmbaker16lisasc360troshalomwormofthebookBettyboop55caliposspink_coco10PotsaepinkrobinSparrow1707 11 votes
Sims 3
11%
Omairabenson2006CAPTAIN_NXR7snowgirly22RedShoe7TamakiSakura84Nikkei_SimmerValeahSERVERFRAGlacierSnowGilbertStrangePennyafternoonbaboon 12 votes
Sims 4
5%
SeashoreLiviaAngeliqueAdelaideMortryddCavapoo_KingLittleOldPotatoroyyosafat 6 votes
I don't play any of them
0%
I play mobile/ freeplay
2%
Evie0602KimmerSquirrelTail15 3 votes

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Sims
    I started from the beginning and went through all the games as they came out.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sims
    Started in 2001 (when the game came out for the Mac) and the rest is history. ;)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sims
    I started with the original The Sims. The franchise has been a part of my life ever since! <3

• Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Sims
    Started with the Original Sims! I remember making my house with just the white picket fence and it had no negative effects on my Sims at all, lol. Was a great way for my younger self to save simoleons!
    259g3le.gif
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Sims
    Started in the middle of Sims 1 and have been playing ever since.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited July 2020
    I play mobile/ freeplay
    I started with MySims on the wii (doesn't really count though), and then played Sims FreePlay for ages. I got Sims 4 a couple of years ago and never looked back.
    banner.png
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Sims
    I started with the first one, bought it shortly after release, and I've played the other ones as they came out. :)
  • laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    Sims
    Started playing when it first came out I was only 5 years old.
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Sims 3
    I was never very much into games, a friend of mine recommended the sims for me and at the time the sims 3 was just out, and it had been my birthday in May so I decided to treat myself and give it try. Hooked! I will never forget the first time I saw Sunset Valley unfold on the screen. I have been playing the sims 3 for 11 years now. Still going strong. As for the sims 4 ...meh, trying hard to like it, only playing since February and I can not get into it really... when I think I am finally going to really get into it, something happens and the game breaks!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sims
    Sims (And Sim City before it)
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I play mobile/ freeplay
    I started with Sims Freeplay. I deleted it after the awful Life Dreams & Legacies update that started killing my Sims and to be able keep them alive they wanted me to pay real money. I was not ready to pay for the mobile game. I exited the game when my Sims were still alive.

I was really upset afterwards and I missed my Sims, so I finally decided to buy the PC Sims game. I bought Sims 4 and I haven't regretted my decision. I fell in love with the game immediately. I've bought every expansion, game and stuff packs and I love all of them... except Eco Lifestyle (my only regret).

I also installed Sims Freeplay back when I heard that they had changed it and they didn't want my money anymore to keep my Sims alive, but after playing the PC game it bored me. Things happened in real time in it and they took way too much time. I deleted it again and I haven't gone back. I tried also The Sims Mobile, but it felt just as tedious than Freeplay. I don't have time for games that require my time 24/7.
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Sims
    I started with The Sims and I've no idea how I stumbled across it. The internet wasn't like it is today and I didn't follow any forums, gaming sites or magazines. Luck, I guess.

I bought each expansion and then moved on to The Sims 2 when that released.

The Sims 2 was probably my favourite iteration of the game, but I won't play it now with its dated graphics ๐Ÿ˜”

The Sims 3 was my most hated. It took away my complete control as a rotational player. I had most of the expansion packs, but in the end I couldn't enjoy it and sold the lot.

I am now hoping to play The Sims 4 for hours on end. I've only got a couple of the packs but my immediate complaint is, why does there have to be so many?
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Sims 4
    I've only got a couple of the packs but my immediate complaint is, why does there have to be so many?
    They have so many so they make more money
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Sims
    I've only got a couple of the packs but my immediate complaint is, why does there have to be so many?
    They have so many so they make more money

Heh, I know. It was sort of rhetorical. Each iteration has had more expansions - TS1 had 7(?) but TS2 had (11?).

I think it's gone a bit overboard now though. "Stuff" packs seem the most, urm, pointless ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ
  • LittleOldPotatoLittleOldPotato Posts: 24 Member
    Sims 4
    Lol I wasn't alive when the franchise started and was just allowed to get it recently. It was always a no from my parents (woohoo) but we asked kinda recently and they seemed to have forgotten what the game was. Result! xD
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Sims 4
    Lol I wasn't alive when the franchise started
    Me too

• Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    Sims
    Old school simmer here, 2003 my TA back in elementary school then introduced me.
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Sims 3
    Sims 3 plus Supernatural expansion (bought as a bundle). So it took years before I actually played with a human sim. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sims
    I was 20 when i started with sims 1. Felt in love even before release ๐Ÿคฃ
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Sims
    I got the original sims maybe a month after it came out. It's been true love ever since! I don't play any other games, except all the sims games. I have tried and I seem to drop them after one or two tries. I'm not into shooters. I don't like it when the game Does stuff for me.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Sims
    Started with the sims 1 one ps2. I've been playing ever since.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sims
    Sims 1 was the game that made me obsessed with the Sims, too bad I wasn't able to play it for very long. Then it was mostly the Sims on console and mobile until 6/5 years ago when I started playing S2, then S3 and 4 and I switch between them whenever I get bored. Still waiting for a S1 Ultimate Collection though...
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sims
    must have been some time before makin' magic was released because I was so excited to have it and kept begging mom to buy it for me and I still get that same feeling just looking at the cover

wish we could have that vibe back
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    Sims
    I answered Sims 1 but it was console and not PC for me. Now I mainly play Sims 3 for PC.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sims 3
    TS32013.
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on