Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will We Ever Get Attraction in The Sims 4??

It's been 6 years, and an Attraction system/Chemistry romance system is still not in the game.
I don't know if they're scared to attempt it, or if it's too much work for them, or they're afraid it will be "politically incorrect," but I really want this in my game. Romance is so boring and shallow without it. There's just no complexity or challenge without it.
For comparison, The Sims 2 got attraction with Nightlife, and in my opinion did it the best. This was a year after the base game was released.
The Sims 3 got attraction in Late Night, also a year after the base game came out.
But 6 years?? This is a basic feature?
I'm seriously being tempted to download the "unmentionable ;);) " mod if they don't add this soon.

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I dont think they'll ever add it. Unless its a $10.00 dlc with a competition to attract as many sims in your game despite the negative buffs from the turn-offs, the sims who attracts the most wins, and gets the high score along with a 1k cash prize. Please like and subcribe and share with friends.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    For me the atraction system would increase the challenge to find a partner to our sims, making the whole process less predictable. It's needed.

It was mentioned in one of the latest surveys so i have hope that it gets implemented... let's see...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I'm tempted to respond to every one of these threads with "Wouldn't you rather have a TV show instead?"

On a more serious note, as telmarina said they did mention it in one of their surveys... however I am always very skeptical when it comes to Maxis changing the basics of the sims4... romance and attraction is not really something that they have changed since the game released...
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    I can't recall but was this included in the Sims 3 at all? I know it was in the Sims 2 for sure, either way I'd be down for it to be included (hopefully in a free update).
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I’m thinking sims mobile will get it...Lol
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2020
    I hope so but I dont think so, Sims 4 is already in end game, if they wanted to add the chemistry it should be in 2017/2018, most likely the development already focused on the next iteration and the remaining devs focused on the rest of the ongoing packs development. or maybe the sims mobile will get it, come to think of it i really want them to slap the price tag for sims mobile and remake the game to more like sims for pc version eliminating energy and time.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Romance is so boring and shallow without it. There's just no complexity or challenge without it.

This is exactly how I feel, and it's one of the main reasons that I don't bother with romantic relationships or marriage in the game. Once you've gone through the whole rigmarole, it's so easy to lose interest because of how bland and tame the romance is.

I hope that we do get a romance themed game pack, and I also hope that it would include consequences too.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    i don't see it happening there on to the next thing sims 5 and reality tv
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited July 2020
    I hope so, but in the meantime, you don't necessarily need the "unmentionable" mod - I use this one and there's nothing NSFW about it:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/chemistry-system-35889861

It's a chemistry system rather than just romantic attraction, so it applies to all types of relationships rather than only romantic ones.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    For me the atraction system would increase the challenge to find a partner to our sims, making the whole process less predictable. It's needed.

It was mentioned in one of the latest surveys so i have hope that it gets implemented... let's see...

I hope it gets added soon, my sims are getting boring. But who knows how long those surveys will take to get into the game.
    logion wrote: »
    I'm tempted to respond to every one of these threads with "Wouldn't you rather have a TV show instead?"

On a more serious note, as telmarina said they did mention it in one of their surveys... however I am always very skeptical when it comes to Maxis changing the basics of the sims4... romance and attraction is not really something that they have changed since the game released...

Yeah, this makes me nervous too, I feel like they don't want to make any changes to the Sims themselves. Maybe it's too difficult.
    I can't recall but was this included in the Sims 3 at all? I know it was in the Sims 2 for sure, either way I'd be down for it to be included (hopefully in a free update).

They did have attraction, but I remember it being very ham fisted. You'd get a message telling you someone thought you were hot, I think it may have just been random. It was ok, but Sims 2 was much better, with turn on and turn offs. I hope they follow the Sims 2 example.
    I hope so, but in the meantime, you don't necessarily need the "unmentionable" mod - I use this one and there's nothing NSFW about it:

It's a chemistry system rather than just romantic attraction, so it applies to all types of relationships rather than only romantic ones.

Awesome, I'll have to try it out. It looks like they did a nice job with it!
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Probably not. I just think this game is going downhill. We're already 6 years in and the game has been buggy and laggy for over a month. I have no hope for them to implement it. I just wish that there was another simulation game to play other than the Sims 4.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I actually think it will be added. I think Sims 5 might be more of a gradual upgrade or a next chapter.

I've thought that they've been holding out because they know it will sell well.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2020
    @bixters wrote: »
    I'm seriously being tempted to download the "unmentionable ;);) " mod if they don't add this soon.

Tempted? It's been 6 years. Go for it. B)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited July 2020
    I hope not unless there's a toggle off. Attraction / turn on /turn offs are one of the reasons I don't enjoy sims 2 now. I really hate that system and never want it in my game.
    That being said, unfortuntely I think it will be added one day. It was in the survey and while I rated it super low and commented I don't want it I'm guessing a lot more people rated it high.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member

Awesome, I'll have to try it out. It looks like they did a nice job with it!

Just came here to recommend the same mod, lol. I have used this mod for a while now and I love it so much.
    The reason why I like it so much is because it does not only apply to romance, but also to friendships and family members. Basically every sim your sim will have an interaction.

This is also great for making friends. I want my sims to have friends who have the same interests, because that makes sense to me.
    If you set up the chemistry system very well, it will tell you if you have a good chemistry with every other sim. In that case I know immediately if that townie or NPC will make a good friend to my sim.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    It's been 6 years, and an Attraction system/Chemistry romance system is still not in the game.
    I don't know if they're scared to attempt it, or if it's too much work for them, or they're afraid it will be "politically incorrect," but I really want this in my game. Romance is so boring and shallow without it. There's just no complexity or challenge without it.
    For comparison, The Sims 2 got attraction with Nightlife, and in my opinion did it the best. This was a year after the base game was released.
    The Sims 3 got attraction in Late Night, also a year after the base game came out.
    But 6 years?? This is a basic feature?

There is a mod from Little Miss Sams that has an attraction system. It's in her online dating mod. I wish we could get an attraction system in the game though especially for console players.
    edited July 2020

It came in the pre late night patch for everyone in TS3.
    edited July 2020
    Wispye wrote: »
    i don't see it happening there on to the next thing sims 5 and reality tv

Sims 5 is still years away from happening.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Well I do think they will not include it in the Sims 4 cause the game is already so old and they may have problems with the engine. Hopefully it will come with the Sims 5.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    edited July 2020
    Well I do think they will not include it in the Sims 4 cause the game is already so old and they may have problems with the engine. Hopefully it will come with the Sims 5.

We still have more years of TS4 Packs. I dont think the engine is the issue cause modders have pulled it off and quite good too.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Latelly i've noticed that as much as i try to match sims romantically some sims won't do it while others get atracted almost immediatly. I used to choose someone for my sims and in a couple of hours they would kiss and even propose. Now it's taking way longer.... May it be that some kind of atraction system is already going on?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited July 2020

We still have more years of TS4 Packs. I dont think the engine is the issue cause modders have pulled it off and quite good too.

@catloverplayer Yeah but we don't have enough years. Especially considering the time that has gone by. Do I want free babies in the Sims 4? Sure. Do I think it's worth it 6 years later? No. That's 6 years too late. I could be playing with free babies for 6 years now and expected them to be in the game. They had been since 2004.
    Getting them 6 years later is just not going to make up for all the lost time.
    I wish EA realized how disappointing it is to buy a game for 60€ on launch and then having to hear "oh we are going to add those base game features for you but you might have to wait for 1-6 years for them sorry".
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    telmarina wrote: »
    Latelly i've noticed that as much as i try to match sims romantically some sims won't do it while others get atracted almost immediatly. I used to choose someone for my sims and in a couple of hours they would kiss and even propose. Now it's taking way longer.... May it be that some kind of atraction system is already going on?

I have noticed this a bit more lately...maybe it's a clue? It's definitely a bit more tricky for sims to get along now, at least in the beginning stages. They could possibly be making it so sims with certain traits are incompatible with others?
    I'm hoping the next pack is either a High School or a Romance Pack, and that they can give us attraction and chemistry in the pack.

@catloverplayer Yeah but we don't have enough years. Especially considering the time that has gone by. Do I want free babies in the Sims 4? Sure. Do I think it's worth it 6 years later? No. That's 6 years too late. I could be playing with free babies for 6 years now and expected them to be in the game. They had been since 2004.
    Getting them 6 years later is just not going to make up for all the lost time.
    I wish EA realized how disappointing it is to buy a game for 60€ on launch and then having to hear "oh we are going to add those base game features for you but you might have to wait for 1-6 years for them sorry".

Right now I'd just be happy to get some pool slides and pool waterfalls.