Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vanilla subforum?

KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
edited June 2020 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Could it be possible to open a subforum for gamers who play this game without mods?
It's really confusing to read about all the bugs and issues after every patch only to realize later that they were caused by mods (or CC).
Right now after June patch I'm afraid to even open my vanilla game because I don't know what bugs are related to the game and what are caused by broken mods.

Also it would be nice to talk about the game with other vanilla gamers.

Comments

• SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    @Kimmer I take it that you're talking about TS4, right? If so maybe there aren't many vanilla players on this forum?

I've seen many people here claiming that it's completely impossible to play TS4 without lots of mods and CC, and that they would be bored to death and overwhelmed with unfixed bugs if they tried.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited June 2020
    @SuzyCue72
    Yes, I'm talking about Sims 4.
    I know there are vanilla players here because of all the polls about the subject. There is a section for mod users in here, but not a lot of players use it. Since most players use mods it could be changed to vanilla game section.

It's not impossible to play Sims 4 without mods, I've been doing it 5 years.There are sometimes bugs that are annoying (like right now), but this game has always been very enjoyable and very playable for me. I have a lot of things to do and a very vivid imagination, I don't need mods.

I would just like a place to discuss about the game with other players who play the game without mods. There are many subforums in here and since there are vanilla gamers here too, it shouldn't be too much to ask to have one tiny section for us.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I use mods, but I still support this. I’d pop in on yall sometimes just to see how the other half is getting on lol
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    +1 to this. Vanilla all the way. <3
    origin ID: adduapina
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Agree that the game is totally playable and enjoyable without mods. I do use UI Cheats but only to cheat motives when my Sims don't have time to eat or sleep. I have no mods that 'fix' anytime.

@Kimmer you may want to consider just starting a thread in general discussion. Vanilla Gameplay Discussion. Or something like that. Maybe if it gets enough participation it could justify having a sub- forum for vanilla gameplay.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    @Kimmer I love your idea. I do agree with @simgirl1010 on that.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Agree that the game is totally playable and enjoyable without mods. I do use UI Cheats but only to cheat motives when my Sims don't have time to eat or sleep. I have no mods that 'fix' anytime.

@Kimmer you may want to consider just starting a thread in general discussion. Vanilla Gameplay Discussion. Or something like that. Maybe if it gets enough participation it could justify having a sub- forum for vanilla gameplay.

It's a good idea. I may do it the next time I have something vanilla game related to discuss about. :)
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I really like your suggestion. I play The Sims (3&4) without mods and thought this official forum for the game would be the natural place for discussions on the so called "vanilla" game; a rather silly term. The experience of TS3 section is the opposite, which made it uninteresting for me to keep interacting there.

It's a bit odd that the suggestion is needed, this forum being the official forum for the per default vanilla game; and I would like it better if the situation were reverse, in that the ones playing with mods could have a specific thread instead. There are forums for the mods to go to if needing discussion, and I 'd also rather read those discussions for their insight, than the ones here, even without using the mods in particular.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I play Vanilla, so far the only bug I am experiencing is that my plants revert back to planted or seed stage randomly. The only thing that irritates me a bit is the obsessiveness with drinking water again, it was fixed previously but is back now. Even in Batuu my sim will go to a vendor and buy water :o Otherwise my game seem to be running ok ;) Loading screens seem to be faster since Starwars, not sure why though LOL.
  • BWolf20BWolf20 Posts: 6 New Member
    Cool idea. I'd love to discuss with other vanilla players. I play on the console so no cc or mods for me, but I'm able to entertain myself well with the stories I create and the packs I have.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    I think that is a great idea! i don't play with mods.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • PlumBobsYourUnclePlumBobsYourUncle Posts: 3 New Member
    I second (third? forth?) the idea! I play without CCs or mods. I use the built-in cheats, but that's it. I'll keep an eye out and would definitely contribute to a vanilla thread/forum.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I disagree. I play vanilla as of late because i dont have the desire to update mods constantly but i would prefer for us to share the same message boards with modded game players. Having everyone in the same place seems better to me.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I actually like this idea even though I'm a mod/mega cc user. Because many simmers (on various platforms) still cannot understand the issues that mods cause. I don't even report bugs or consider anything a bug until I've played a new save mod free game.
    You won't believe the amount of problems due to not only mods but improperly downloaded cc,corrupted files that end in .cr. png files, old forgotten mods or cc from not organizing properly, duplicate cc or mods and more that can even lead to a corrupted save.

I can say with 100% confidence that sims 4 is the smoothest running (major)bug free sims game when you play vanilla. My game is lightening fast and I rarely get bugs apart from the big obvious ones that are being addressed.

I've helped many on twitter who refused to take out their mods because they didn't want to take time to do the 50/50 method and find the offending mod. So they complain about all kinds of glitches and trash the game for it but won't play vanilla to see if it's resolved.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I only play Vanilla & only use my Sims 4 codes. I would love it if there was a Vanilla Discussion only added to the Forums. I've noticed that most modders don't even know the possibilities with Build Mode, Traits & Occult Trait Cheat Codes that's available in Sims 4.