Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Spark'd - Coming July 17th!

Comments

• SarahLou372SarahLou372 Posts: 112 Member
    Thank you :)
    ...**~ThePinkPlumbob~**...
    50098910897_98e2501452_o.jpg
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm most excited for more Kelsey being involved in Sims stuff xD is that bad?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Thank you :)

Sorry totally off topic, but I love your avatar and siggy <3.
  • prettyprettyplumbobprettyprettyplumbob Posts: 183 Member
    I am so excited for this!! Such amazing fresh energy for the sims 😍💕
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I wonder how many episodes are planned for Season 1. 🤔 Hope at some time they'll do a behind the scenes and reveal how the contestants were chosen, how long it took to film, etc.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    p.s. if you have so many "issues" with a "broken" game then why are you still playing?? Obviously there is something "amazing" about the game to keep you playing and it's only fair that we share it with the rest of the world. I think them showing how creative people can be with the Sims, Lots, and Stories will bring in lots of people who thought the game was something else entirely.

As for your "Issues", they are just that "yours", because I have NO issues with the game, it doesn't appear to be "broken" to me. My only negative comment is I wish I had access to all the building tricks from Sims 2.

Some people don't play Sims 4, they play the previous games (myself included). Some people use mods to fix the issues and broken things and enjoy their game. Some people like or even love The Sims 4 despite it's issues. Some people, like yourself, have no issue and all is well. It's a mixed bag on the forums. And if you look at the OP, The Sims is what gets mentioned mostly, the 20 years the franchise has existed is even brought up. I thought this covered all Sims games over the 20 years or at least The Sims 1-The Sims 4 until near the end where they single out The Sims 4.

It's nice you don't have issues, I'm happy you don't, but that's clearly not the case for everyone based on the list of bugs and the complaints. What happens when those issues that aren't yours becomes issues of say 25% to 50% of new players coming in because of the game show? Not every single issue but some experience these two bugs, some experience this one bug, etc. Then those new players are suddenly here or on other platforms and annoyed with the game too. Wouldn't you want the team to fix those issue so everyone who isn't as lucky as you can enjoy it as well?
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited July 2020
    All this pre-judging makes me tired. I expect if Sims 3 hadn't been so bug-ridden and crashing computers they might have brought something like this in then. They were always trying to make it available on other media like films and TV. That's all from a different budget altogether.

I'll try to watch it on Buzzfeed in the UK and make my own judgements then. I'm Just hoping that there won't be too much hysteria from the Simmers taking part. It's about time Simmers got some real challenges and we might all get some tips on building and gameplay. 👍❤
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    All this pre-judging makes me tired. I expect if Sims 3 hadn't been so bug-ridden and crashing computers they might have brought something like this in then. They were always trying to make it available on other media like films and TV. That's all from a different budget altogether.

I'll try to watch it on Buzzfeed in the UK and make my own judgements then. I'm Just hoping that there won't be too much hysteria from the Simmers taking part. It's about time Simmers got some real challenges and we might all get some tips on building and gameplay. 👍❤

@Simburian It is still EA's budget though. They decide how much budget the marketing team will get and how much the development team will get and people are being negative because the development team is always complaining about having a limited budget and having to recycle a lot of things. Why won't they give the development team more budget to at least fix the bugs but the marketing team has enough money to get Vanessa Hudgens, Sabrina the teenage witch to do ads for them and now a reality show.

If you have money for a TV show you have money to fix the bugs! There is no excuse.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    KatAnubis wrote: »
    I have to ask. Why not put 100K into making the game better for everyone?

They can't put that "100K" into the game because that money most likely came from a different "pot" (such as from the production company getting the money from advertisers). It's not coming out of the Sims development "pot" but from an outside source for use in the TV show.

However, with a show like this, it can bring in more people to buy the Sims. And *that* money can be used to make the game better for everyone.

In EA's Q3 2020 Financial Report it shows TS4 has over 20 million unique players.

For perspective:

The Sims 1 – 11 million copies
    The Sims 2 – 6 million copies
    The Sims 3 – 7 million copies

I would think that somewhere there would be funds to keep those 20 million playing a good game. Don't get me wrong. I could spend hours in TS4 CAS. I think they did a brilliant job and I don't use brilliant often. Even though I enjoy building in TS3 more I can still spend a lot of time building in TS4. It's when it comes to actual game play that I spend....maybe an hour...and then turn the game off. I can't even begin to play without a pile of mods and cheats.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

When I look back I know I was playing TS3 on a computer, that while good, that wasn't adequate. Just like everyone else I had crashes and bugs. Eventually I knew I loved the game enough to invest in it. My husband and I don't have a huge income so it took me three years to save enough for a good gaming computer with an SSD. But I saved and did it. TS3 now plays so well without crashes and so many problems I had previously. It's like playing a different game. I can honestly say that I have not had one game crash.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I am so excited for this!! Such amazing fresh energy for the sims 😍💕

So am I! I saw on Twitter that there will be 4 episodes.
  • CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    WAIT WAIT, I read in some articles yesterday that they said 11pm ET on TBS, and here it says 10am PT.
    I am so confused!
    What time?!

Also, what is Buzzfeed multiplayer? I've heard it's a youtube channel, is it?
    Is that where we can see it for those of us who don't have tv service available?
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member

But just like Sims 4 isn't a bug ridden, crashing mess for everyone neither is Sims 3. Just like I'm sure Sims 2 and Sims 1 weren't bug ridden, crashing messes for everyone either. There are people right now who if told they could join playing their preferred Sims game would probably join in and run those games flawlessly. And to me it'd be better, though not by much. Even though I know of and like a few of the game changers, this show is unnecessary to me, but it'd be better because Sims 4 lacks so much depth when it comes to gameplay and personalities. I'm sure you'd disagree though and that's fine.

And as has been said before in the past and even in this thread once or twice, maybe to do better for the game some adjustments in how much funding goes where is needed. Despite the fact that some of us have little to no problems with whatever Sims game(s), doesn't mean that no problems that need to be addressed exist.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    Also, if we could avoid any 64x64 lots, that would be fair for all builders!
    Basegame has no lots that are 64x64.

I've been playing Sims since Sims 1 just came out, the basegame on pc is all I got, and it was given as a gift when Sims 4 just came out. Like me, there are good builders with no income, and yes, no way to earn an income. Life ain't fair, but could we at least be somewhat fair to all players in Sims?
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2020
    This is a advertisement to get people to buy the Sims 4, If they had taken all the money and time they spent on this and fixed sims 4, giving us open worlds, sliders for height, being able to build you own world, or add your own lots, teens that look like teens, and so much more it would be nice. In fact they would not have to make this AD, as the Game and Gamers themselves would pull in people as they talked about the game. Put the money into the game. Where is Sims 5 ? How about spending money on that. Give the simmers what they want, not a TV Show, so we watch TV instead of playing how funny is that.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    WAIT WAIT, I read in some articles yesterday that they said 11pm ET on TBS, and here it says 10am PT.
    I am so confused!
    What time?!

Also, what is Buzzfeed multiplayer? I've heard it's a youtube channel, is it?
    Is that where we can see it for those of us who don't have tv service available?

I think it's on 11pm on Fridays, then repeated at 8am on Saturdays. Check your local listings, as they say in the ads. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    Not my cup of tea, but glad for those who like it.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    I just hate where Sims as a franchise is going. Hate.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    This seems a remarkably silly idea and a waste of everybody's time. Maybe fix all the bugs instead, like making all the white swatches the same white so you can mux and match windows.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    This is a advertisement to get people to buy the Sims 4, If they had taken all the money and time they spent on this and fixed sims 4, giving us open worlds, sliders for height, being able to build you own world, or add your own lots, teens that look like teens, and so much more it would be nice. In fact they would not have to make this AD, as the Game and Gamers themselves would pull in people as they talked about the game. Put the money into the game. Where is Sims 5 ? How about spending money on that. Give the simmers what they want, not a TV Show, so we watch TV instead of playing how funny is that.

In listening to the things I've heard on various "Playing with the developers" and interviews with the producers, they're probably not going to do TS5 any time soon. They would have continued with TS3 if it hadn't been that it was so hard on many computers. I build my own computers (and have since TS1 was ending and TS2 was about to start) that I generally don't have too much difficulty with either TS3 or TS4, but I do know that there are many people who had loads of problems with TS3 on their computer that don't have nearly as much difficulty with TS4.

There is still room to grow with TS4, so it's not likely that even if I had not heard the interviews that I would think that it would be a long time before we had TS5.

And as well as it looks like TS4 is doing for EA, I doubt they'd decrease the advertising budget to put into the development budget. That's not how most corporations work. If they can get more people to buy the game with advertising, they do so.

However, for all its bugs (and I had a doozy recently with the 134:b378c837 bug), they do give us patches *much* more quickly than they have in the past. It used to be several months before we'd get any patches. For instance, I bought SimCity 4 the same day I bought TS1. SimCity was unplayable for me for about 5 months (until they came out with SimCity Rush Hour) and *finally* patched it. (Fortunately, I had TS1 to keep me busy in the meantime.) And unfortunately, that was typical in those days (even when there was a The Sims bug.) But now we get bugs fixed on a monthly basis (although I suspect they still have to work on some.)

And we have far more presence of the SimGurus than we had in the old TS1 and TS2 days. Now we have EAMai and others coming on the forums regularly as well as reaching out through the EA GameChangers. And there are paid people handling forum problems like people acting out or otherwise breaking the rules. In the old days, the only people who had access to the SimGuru equivalents (like MaxisHydra, MaxisDrea and the others) were the SimMasters. And they were all volunteers (ie. unpaid help) who were expected to handle the forum problems *and* help people with their computers, game problems and the like.

For all our complaints, we Simmers have *much* better "customer support" than we had in the days of TS1 and TS2. No matter how well they do, there will always be more that can be done, but I'm grateful for the improvements they've made over the years!

• NoobooGirlNoobooGirl Posts: 6 New Member
    I can't wait! Super excited
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    I see Plumbella. I watch.

me to B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member
    Just because I do like Plumbella, I am afraid there isn't much to keep me interested so HARD pass.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    This sounds an interesting concept. The idea of being able to win approx £79,497 (according to Google. I say approx because inflation rates?) for doing challenges on The Sims is very appealing!
    I wouldn't mind having a go, the only thing putting me off is the having to show emotion on international TV. (I don't want to be filmed crying!) 😳

Is there anywhere online that people will be able to watch this? (I'm in the UK)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    This sounds an interesting concept. The idea of being able to win approx £79,497 (according to Google. I say approx because inflation rates?) for doing challenges on The Sims is very appealing!
    I wouldn't mind having a go, the only thing putting me off is the having to show emotion on international TV. (I don't want to be filmed crying!) 😳

Is there anywhere online that people will be able to watch this? (I'm in the UK)

That's misleading, because the prize money will be divided among the winning team participants and then about half of that amount will be spent on US and UK taxes (or other country, depending on where you're from).