Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ’œ Quick Creativity CAS Challenge πŸ’œ GLovelysQCC

Comments

• Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Hi guys! I'm a little late but I got a teeny bit sidetracked. I had a WIP build and I decided this challenge would be the ultimate moment to finish it, resulting in me completely forgetting about creating a Sim :D

Meet Harvey Cagle: He used to be a traditional cowboy, but... he wasn't happy. One day he decided it was time for a change, so he sold his saddle and bought a piece of land. Years later, he managed to build the Sowbelly and Shindig Saloon from the ground up. His family didn't want anything to do with him anymore, but now that he's making drinks and grilling steaks, he's happier than ever!

1u3xmg4.png

The Sowbelly and Shindig Saloon (or The Bacon and Party Bar) is a welcoming place for travelers, locals and other hungry or thirsty Sims. And with two loos in the back, your Sims can quickly turn the meat they eat into sausages and continue their journey happily.

Since this is not a build challenge, I'll refer you to Tumblr for the screenshots of the Sowbelly and Shindig Saloon, if you're interested ;)

Oh my...πŸ˜‚
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    CatharinaSophiaCatharinaSophia Posts: 98 Member
    @divanthesimmer you're the first to comment on that horrible joke =D I think nobody on Twitter reads my tweets anymore (or they are used to me being weird)
  • Options
    NeoFelis22NeoFelis22 Posts: 194 Member
    @CatharinaSophia , I read that last night before heading to bed, and decided I should wait until today to read it again and see if it really said what I thought it did. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ 😊
  • Options
    CatharinaSophiaCatharinaSophia Posts: 98 Member
    @NeoFelis22 Your brain still works as it should... I wish we could say the same about mine but *coughs* maybe not so much... =D
  • Options
    GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    edited July 2020
    FIFTEENTH WEEKEND CHALLENGE!
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‡ PRIZE ROUND πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‰

Have we already arrived at week fifteen?! Each day being wow'd by so many outstanding creations we've seen. I never dreamed when these QCC's started that I would actually sit here feeling the most rewarded. What I mean is each and every one of you that posts your imaginative stories in this thread is like a treat, for me especially, and the topping is you're all so sweet! You share kindness with each other and as I've said before you're really giving this place a sense of camaraderie and family. In addition, like me you clearly have a love for this game. With that in mind, I'll name your new challenge as I'm almost out of time πŸ’œ

Creative Direction & Rules:

As I said it's clear we share a love for the sims so this week's focus is all about their whims. More specifically the "Activities and Skills" they love to do for a level boost and a happiness fill. So far so good right? Well the rest of the challenge might give you a fright! In the end you'll be more than alright as all you need to do is choose one .. only one activity or skill from the build items and build your sim household around that item. For example, if you choose "The Relaxer Massage Table", each of your sims should be all about the benefits of massage. You can pick your most favorite item you love seeing your sims use so for me it's a tie between one of the mixology bars & the karaoke machine ;) Now, here's where you could get a bit of a fright as just like me you probably have more than one sim activity that delights. You can do it though! Pick the one that makes your sim world whole. It's that one must have you can't live without in your game. Be sure to name it in your description too as you describe what your sim or sims love to do. Oh, one more rule and then get going on those CAS tools! You can only use BaseGame items and items from the game pack your activity/skill item comes from. For example, if I choose the karaoke machine I can only use City Living CAS items in addition to BaseGame items.

If you're not sure what I'm talking about when I say activities and skills, see this in game build mode screenshot where you will find your selection of these items ~ This is just a sample so be sure you consider all the activities and skills your game has to offer.
    [img][/img]lIU8Hks.jpg

Please include the hashtag #GLovelysQCC in your description before you upload to the gallery πŸ’œ

Deadline ~ Friday 7/17 12:00 PM MST however it's very helpful to share your creations early so I can have some awesomely created households to nominate ;)

Rules:
    1. Your description should include anything related to your chosen activity or skill item. While telling their story in the creation description remember to name your item. Also, let your sim's story give readers some clue as to why you chose this item as your one in game must have.
    2. Only BaseGame CAS items in addition to items included in the one pack your skill/activity item comes from. Note: there is a coding glitch that occurs when trying to create basegame+1 pack. If you double check & you know you're only using BaseGame + your item pack, please write that in the comments of your creation.
    3. Style all outfits to reflect your sim(s) story/personality related to this skill/activity item.
    4. Pets are welcome & certainly needed if you pick an item from Cats and Dogs for example.
    5. NoCC and no defaults (defaults replace the original Maxis skin/eyes but are not officially tagged as CC).
    6. Only Maxis poses.
    7. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.
    8. Have a blast creating for our gallery and forum friends!

Feel free to post pictures, screenshots (limit 4) here and the link to your creation in the gallery here too! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

This week I'm wanting to spread the rewards around to give more of what we love about The Sims 4 to the top five winners. That said, FIVE stuff packs are up for grabs, winner's choice! Best of luck to you all and happy CAS creating always Lovelies πŸ’œ
    Post edited by GLovely1 on
    Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    @CatharinaSophia Nope, my brain doesn't work as it should; trust me. πŸ˜‰ As for yours, well, a lot of us have weird brains, so no worries. 😁
  • Options
    @GLovely1 : Interesting challenge! Right now, I've no idea where to begin. I'll have to think about it. I did have an idea for something that might help. It's a website that gives you the instructions and command lines to remove packs from your game before starting it up. I've found it useful for tracking down items that have been added to the base game, but still show up as from a pack. The URL is:

https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks

If my posting this wrong for some reason (a rule I didn't see?), please let me know and I'll edit it out of this post.
  • Options
    @NeoFelis22 I'm happy to hear you're putting your creative brain to work on this one! It's definitely a challenge to pick just one thing but I really can't wait to see the diversity that everyone brings to this one! Also, thanks for sharing this website πŸ’œ Every little bit helps, especially for this challenge ;)
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    GLovely1 wrote: Β»
    FOURTEENTH WEEKEND CHALLENGE!

After the glamour of a masquerade I thought it was time to slow things down and kick back in the shade. The shade of a cowboy hat that is ;) Be sure your sim(s) this week are all about the country biz. Stick a straw of the hay variety between your lips and gallop away from high society with your well worn jeans 'round your hips! Tell your sims it's time to get out of the rat race and dig into country life's slower pace. Feel free to say yeehaw, giddy-up and even yippy-ki-yay as you focus on all things country today! There is one must have in the everyday wear (first outfit) .. can you guess? Yes, it's the cowboy hat, so please make sure your sims don't forget that! Otherwise, the sky's the limit as you explore your CAS options to fill our hashtag with the best in country living. As always, a sim story is a need so please feed us with wonderful words colored by living, working, loving & simply being country ;)

Be sure to include the hashtag #GLovelysQCC in your description before you upload to the gallery πŸ’œ

Deadline ~ Friday 7/10 12:00 PM MST however it's very helpful to share your creations early so I can have some awesomely created households to nominate ;)

Rules:
    1. Your description should include anything related to living a country life. You could describe a day in the life of your sims; tell about what brought them to the country, for example born & raised there or maybe on the run from someone. Again, your story is whatever you can dream for your sim or sims, just have a focus on country life.
    2. All sims in your household must be wearing a cowboy hat in the first outfit.
    3. Style the other outfits in a country vibe that fits their story/personality.
    4. Pets are welcome & encouraged for country companionship but not required.
    5. NoCC and no defaults (defaults replace the original Maxis skin/eyes but are not officially tagged as CC).
    6. Only Maxis poses.
    7. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.

Feel free to post pictures, screenshots (limit 3) here and the link to your creation in the gallery here too! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

Stay safe and happy creating always Lovelies! πŸ’œ

OHH I missed it :( by about an hour and a half
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    I love this latest challenge. Limited options (being limited to one pack plus base game) lead to more creativity, I think. I had an idea for this one I just had to run with: gallery link is here.

Pictured below is Harper in their basement trying to teach her brother Grady how to use the Fizzing Station for their illegal juicing business.

IYXMDqX.png

First, she shows him how to input the instructions into the computer. Grady, though, has never been all that great with machines. He can grow just about anything, but machines leave him somewhat bumfuzzled.

kFTTfKq.png

The longer Harper goes over the inner workings of the Fizzing Station, the more Grady's eyes cross trying to keep track of it all. The two make for great business partners, but she's crazy if she thinks he'll be any good at making the juice.

rdueHG6.png

Steam pours out of the station as it starts to work at fizzing the juice. Grady is just relieved Harper's instructions have come to an end so he can get back to his plants. She's for sure the fizzing prodigy of the Lees, not him.
  • Options

Have we already arrived at week fifteen?! Each day being wow'd by so many outstanding creations we've seen. I never dreamed when these QCC's started that I would actually sit here feeling the most rewarded. What I mean is each and every one of you that posts your imaginative stories in this thread is like a treat, for me especially, and the topping is you're all so sweet! You share kindness with each other and as I've said before you're really giving this place a sense of camaraderie and family. In addition, like me you clearly have a love for this game. With that in mind, I'll name your new challenge as I'm almost out of time πŸ’œ

As I said it's clear we share a love for the sims so this week's focus is all about their whims. More specifically the "Activities and Skills" they love to do for a level boost and a happiness fill. So far so good right? Well the rest of the challenge might give you a fright! In the end you'll be more than alright as all you need to do is choose one .. only one activity or skill from the build items and build your sim household around that item. For example, if you choose "The Relaxer Massage Table", each of your sims should be all about the benefits of massage. You can pick your most favorite item you love seeing your sims use so for me it's a tie between one of the mixology bars & the karaoke machine ;) Now, here's where you could get a bit of a fright as just like me you probably have more than one sim activity that delights. You can do it though! Pick the one that makes your sim world whole. It's that one must have you can't live without in your game. Be sure to name it in your description too as you describe what your sim or sims love to do. Oh, one more rule and then get going on those CAS tools! You can only use BaseGame items and items from the game pack your activity/skill item comes from. For example, if I choose the karaoke machine I can only use City Living CAS items in addition to BaseGame items.

If you're not sure what I'm talking about when I say activities and skills, see this in game build mode screenshot where you will find your selection of these items ~ This is just a sample so be sure you consider all the activities and skills your game has to offer.
    [img][/img]lIU8Hks.jpg

Please include the hashtag #GLovelysQCC in your description before you upload to the gallery πŸ’œ

Deadline ~ Friday 7/17 12:00 PM MST however it's very helpful to share your creations early so I can have some awesomely created households to nominate ;)

Rules:
    1. Your description should include anything related to your chosen activity or skill item. While telling their story in the creation description remember to name your item. Also, let your sim's story give readers some clue as to why you chose this item as your one in game must have.
    2. Only BaseGame CAS items in addition to items included in the one pack your skill/activity item comes from. Note: there is a coding glitch that occurs when trying to create basegame+1 pack. If you double check & you know you're only using BaseGame + your item pack, please write that in the comments of your creation.
    3. Style all outfits to reflect your sim(s) story/personality related to this skill/activity item.
    4. Pets are welcome & certainly needed if you pick an item from Cats and Dogs for example.
    6. Only Maxis poses.

Feel free to post pictures, screenshots (limit 4) here and the link to your creation in the gallery here too! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

This week I'm wanting to spread the rewards around to give more of what we love about The Sims 4 to the top five winners. That said, FIVE stuff packs are up for grabs, winner's choice! Best of luck to you all and happy CAS creating always Lovelies πŸ’œ

Is there an age range? I am considering a teen.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    My Entry: Geeky Gamer Girl

Bio: Kumiko loves anime, sci-fi, cosplaying and hanging out at GeekCon. What she loves most, is playing video games on the Unorthobox Gaming Console and she always wins at MMOs! Some Sims think she's childish, but in reality she's just a girl who wants to have fun.

g1D7bhm.png

NzUY6ha.png

xV4BHWz.png

PS: On the Gallery, Get To Work is listed as one of the packs that are used, but I made sure to only include items from base game and City Living. Perhaps she learned a skill from that pack and it was included when I uploaded her.
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    @lisabee2 : Re the Fourteenth Week Challenge: If it's finished, and you'd still like to upload it, I would like to see it. I wouldn't be surprised if others would too. πŸ™‚ I'm not trying to put any pressure on you though.
  • Options
    Great question @lisabee2 πŸ’œ No age limits at all so if your imagination is leading you towards a teen please go for it ;)

Thanks for being so encouraging @NeoFelis22 ! We would love to see any of the previous week's completed households too so @lisabee2 or anyone else has a work in progress please share whenever you can o:) It's only when I'm hosting prize rounds is when entries are time sensitive.

Oh yes and already we've got some awesome entries! I know this one was super hard so thanks so much for working your CAS creativity so quickly and wonderfully too πŸ’œ I love Kumiko @divanthesimmer ! Geekcon is the perfect way to show off the Unorthodox Gaming Console. Great must have game item!

Thanks so much @ZebSims for joining in this week's challenge! I love what you said about the pack restrictions lead us to more creativity! It was one thing I was hoping for so I appreciate you saying so and also for your fantastic entry πŸ’œ Great screenshots and your antics of Harper and Grady were making me laugh! Awesome way to showcase the Fizzing Station ;)

I can't wait to see more more more entries! Have a blast creating in CAS!

[img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    Flash5Flash5 Posts: 105 Member
    @lisabee2 - I believe the entries can be any age, so long as there are between 1 and 8 of 'em! Pets are allowed - and wild animals (I believe teens come under this category!). B) Just joking teens!! <3<3
  • Options
    Flash5Flash5 Posts: 105 Member
    While I'm here I should post my entry for this week too. B)

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/297863DEC39811EA89EE0EF682150483

Silky Sable

Want to find Miss Silky Sable, try the flower arranging table. That is where she likes to hang, to craft bouquets all day's her thang. She picks the flowers from the ground, cuts the stems, then tightly bound. Plonks them in a fancy vase, then flogs them on to clubs & bars. To keep them all she cannot do, she's got bouquets out the wazzoo!! #cute #pretty #girl #Seasons #MaxSkills #Traits #RewardPoints sim#Flash5Carter1 for#GLovelysQCC ** NO Get to Work in this creation **

:)
  • Options
    Great question @lisabee2 πŸ’œ No age limits at all so if your imagination is leading you towards a teen please go for it ;)

Thanks for being so encouraging @NeoFelis22 ! We would love to see any of the previous week's completed households too so @lisabee2 or anyone else has a work in progress please share whenever you can o:) It's only when I'm hosting prize rounds is when entries are time sensitive.

Oh yes and already we've got some awesome entries! I know this one was super hard so thanks so much for working your CAS creativity so quickly and wonderfully too πŸ’œ I love Kumiko @divanthesimmer ! Geekcon is the perfect way to show off the Unorthodox Gaming Console. Great must have game item!

Thanks so much @ZebSims for joining in this week's challenge! I love what you said about the pack restrictions lead us to more creativity! It was one thing I was hoping for so I appreciate you saying so and also for your fantastic entry πŸ’œ Great screenshots and your antics of Harper and Grady were making me laugh! Awesome way to showcase the Fizzing Station ;)

I can't wait to see more more more entries! Have a blast creating in CAS!

Thank you, Lisa! Gaming is usually the first thing almost all my Sims do, which is why I chose a gaming object! I also love the entries so far! πŸ’š
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    LaTalpaVolanteLaTalpaVolante Posts: 23 Member
    Really cool entries so far!! Hope I can finish mine tomorrow or Monday ;)
  • Options
    DeaSimmer0DeaSimmer0 Posts: 50 Member
    giphy.gif

ANNOUNCEMENT TIME

There was so much excitement and enthusiasm around the elaborate masquerade and that was mainly because each one of you made such beautifully creative entries! We all could see how much imaginative thought you gave to your entries and the awesome ways you showcased them here and on twitter really gave it an energy hype! That's why I decided to name the top 3 winners instead of only 1 ;)

πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰ Please congratulate DroopySims for winning the City Living EP!! πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰ I'll send your code to you in a DM now!

πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰ Winners of second and third place stuff packs of their choice are Aelynsims and @xamira99 πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰ I'll DM you both soon through twitter so you can tell me the pack you'd like ;)

Thanks so much for keeping the creativity and fun alive for the sims here and everywhere ~ Love & hugs πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

CONGRATSSSSS my loves!! Sorry for being so late! I loved the entries specially Jasmine from @xamira99 she was so beautiful!
    And all the HOWDY YEHAAAW entries were so fun too!
  • Options
    Hi guys! I'm a little late but I got a teeny bit sidetracked. I had a WIP build and I decided this challenge would be the ultimate moment to finish it, resulting in me completely forgetting about creating a Sim :D

Meet Harvey Cagle: He used to be a traditional cowboy, but... he wasn't happy. One day he decided it was time for a change, so he sold his saddle and bought a piece of land. Years later, he managed to build the Sowbelly and Shindig Saloon from the ground up. His family didn't want anything to do with him anymore, but now that he's making drinks and grilling steaks, he's happier than ever!

1u3xmg4.png

The Sowbelly and Shindig Saloon (or The Bacon and Party Bar) is a welcoming place for travelers, locals and other hungry or thirsty Sims. And with two loos in the back, your Sims can quickly turn the meat they eat into sausages and continue their journey happily.

Since this is not a build challenge, I'll refer you to Tumblr for the screenshots of the Sowbelly and Shindig Saloon, if you're interested ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU ARE PRICELESS
  • Options

[img][/img]lIU8Hks.jpg

Rules:
    6. Only Maxis poses.

ohhh restricting packs!!!! I liked! Gonna try and start today! But not sure what to choose!!!!
  • Options
    Amuni50Amuni50 Posts: 112 Member
    I know I’m late to the party (again), but I just had to add this old guy. His name is Lloyd Stewart, and this is his story, according to the gallery…

Lloyd Stiller's ranch has been in the family for generations. He was too young to remember learning to ride his first horse, but the memory of his first cattle roundup will be with him always. There's just one problem, and that's Lloyd's grandson, Gavin: the boy's turning the cattle ranch into a cowplant ranch, the lil' cuss! What the heck's a faux meat cube?!

00.jpg

There IS more to the story though…

Now that Lloyd is β€œembracing” (or putting up with) the newer, greener ranching practices, he finds himself living in the past: long weeks on the trail, taking in the mountainous beauty all around, listening to the owls at night and the doves in the morning, and helping cows give birth. Now, you would think the last thing on the list would be sweet and beautiful (and you would be right, in a way), but it’s mostly mud, sweat, and hands inside a cow. Even so, he loved every moment.

Now, he sits back and watches Gavin, his grandson, feed the cowplants. The strangest thing is the plants keep all the ranch hands on edge. Why? Because last week, a cowplant named Daisy ate one. Gavin says it’s because the critters need to be fed, or they get ornery. Lloyd just sits on the porch with his iced tea and watches the show, humming to himself and shaking his head.

01.jpg

• Options
    ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    edited July 2020
    @GLovely1 I was aiming for something of a George and Lennie (Of Mice and Men) vibe with Harper and Grady. Grady is something of a gentle giant who just wants to get back to his plants; Harper is the brains of the business. I'm glad you liked their bootleg fizzing operation! πŸ₯°

I'm loving the creative entries that have already been posted. And I'm looking forward to seeing what other households get made for this challenge!
    Post edited by ZebSims on
  • Options
    Emmerson works for her dad at the Island Mercantile making deliveries (medicines, milk, diapers, packages, or anything else she can fit into the storage of her Jet ski) to outlying island families. The ohana she helps adore her & small kiki love to see her coming because they know that Emm has filled her pockets with treats. Emmerson loves being needed BUT she also loves the free feeling of being on the open water just her & her machine! #bestjobintheworld #islandliving #Lisabeesims #GLovelysQCC #teen

rAqSkFw.png
    O9EEqr7.png
    toS3Yaq.png
    LmnqpYP.png

Emmerson Herrick
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    pagounispagounis Posts: 369 Member
    Hello everyone!

My entry for this weekend's challenge is Paula Nashville. She's a chess legend who, according to her backstory, has competed in several chess tournaments and made headlines for her amazing chess skills. She was inspired by the base game chess sets and uses base game only items.

Name: Chess Legend Paula
    Gallery ID: mikrolactaki3
    Gallery Link: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5BC14E69C41D11EA873B0EF682150483

unknown.png
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top