Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where Are My Maxis Recolors?Solved!

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims 2
I just noticed I have two problems I have been meaning to solve. One is the large red window (Maxis) looks like a big picture window that goes all way to floor and takes up a huge amount of wall space is missing it's Maxis recolors. I thought at one time Numenor or Lord Darcy fixed this for us but I don't have those other colors anymore, white, black etc. (Not the large window from OFB). But the one that contains triangle parts as matches for it (possibly NL?)

Also, my public bathroom stalls are green in TS2UC and no longer have the light tan Maxis recolors. I also remember one of the popular modders fixed this for us years ago. IIRC one of the later EPs removed the Maxis recolors or broke the recolors of public bathroom stalls.

These colors on both items have been missing for as long as I can remember since 2014,TS2UC. I didn't think about it until today and have searched most of MTS to find these bug fixes but no longer available as far as I can search the archives for older fixes for TS2. I searched every page of MTS in build mode to find those fixes, no luck so far. Does anyone know of a mod that will return the Maxis recolors to my game and or the recolors of these two object types and who it was that fixed these bugs and where those fixes may be?

ETA: One more problem with Maxis textures. On one of the Maxis billboards (of a car) the billboard actually looks like a wienie or something. I barely recall one of the packs broke this billboard and it no longer shows up in my game as a billborad of a car when placed in a hood, but thumbnail is the correct picture of the billboard. These problems have been nagging me ever since we got TS2UC in 2014 and decided when I went to buildmode today... I finally need to correct these issues. I'm going to assume either M&G or FWP comp pack in TS2UC have caused these problems or another pack, because no, it's not a cc problem.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by Cinebar on

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2020
    1. I solved the Ergo Windows problem. I had to put back in the files CEP-Extra OFBWindowsfixfor AL.package I must have dreamed these were later added recolors by Maxis. They were not. I found them again (the Artifact by Ergo recolors) on old HolySimoly site(no longer on the site but in some of my old Winrar downloads) but they were not showing up at all unless I put back into the files the OFBWindowsfixforAL. package. Had to do a lot of investigating and trial and error of many old files to make sure I could see them again. These recolors all show up for the two different sets of windows, from OFB and the others Artifact other windows/Embrasure, Pythigoras etc.

2. The Resistall Astro Divider 7, Maxis toilet stall is unsolved. I'm pretty sure I didn't dream the white, tan and or black stall colors were from Maxis. Because even in some custom recolors on the internet for these stalls it mentions pulled textures from the Maxis recolors of this stall/white/tan etc...so where are they? Maxis colors of tan, black, white etc.

3. I still haven't solved the yellow corvette billboard issue. I'm pretty sure I didn't dream this was a bug after BV or sometime and it had to be fixed, but I don't see any fix notes for this in any of the old patch notes per EP etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited July 2020
    Hi :)
    I have the stall color options. I don't know if they're the ones you're missing.

The billboards got colored over with the release of Nightlife, iirc. I remember not liking that they did it. :(

FHr7Vud.png

BtoOPzL.jpg
    I remember making fun of their Plumbbob with a cow udder. Thinking they were saying how they were gonna milk The Sims series. :lol:
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    Thank you @Rflong7 for confirming I didn't dream stall recolors. :D I don't have them. I have no idea why. I had them years ago before installing TS2UC in 2014. I have removed cc etc. and still don't have them. :/ I thought maybe the billboards were a cc problem, but thanks for confirming. I seem to recall (maybe I'm getting too old) the car billboard was fixed in a later EP or patch, and the color over was removed again, seems like I didn't have that problem until I installed TS2UC. But as I said these things have been bugging me since 2014 and finally decided to solve them so I guess some of it could be a TS2UC problem and some of it not. (I don't have TS2UC on Origin). I can't update my game because about three years ago if you uninstalled Origin you could still keep TS2UC and so I don't have Origin to update and don't want any updates from Origin. I guess I'm stuck without any Maxis stall recolors for the stalls. :/
    I don't understand about keeping TS2UC if you uninstalled Origin. What happened? I still have TS2UC with Origin installed. It also shouldn't uninstall anything if you install Origin.
    About three years ago I decided to uninstall Origin and TS4. But I wondered since TS2UC wasn't actually tied to Origin if I could keep the game. Well, I did by not uninstalling the Origin Games file in the program files. I can still play any EA game I never tied to Origin technically through any patch if I remove Origin but don't remove the Orgin Game file from programs. Such as some free games Origin gave away but didn't need to log into Origin to play them. Such as really old games etc. I assume these days they have probably stopped that by patching all their games automatically now. But for me it was legal and I don't have to have Origin installed at all as long as those games listed in my Origin Game file remain in the program files.

Thank you for your help. Silly me, I would have never dreamed the bathroom stall recolors were from BV (I can't remember this stuff, lol) and later EPs broke this. I have no idea why I couldn't get them to show up in my game. However, once I decided I must have done something wrong with CEP years ago I should probably use the automatic reinstaller to reinstall all the CEP files into the proper folders in program files (not my Documents folders) and it worked! I now have my stall colors back! thank you for posting the pictures, because I was thinking I was going crazy and just imagined BV added recolors. lol I can't remember which EP or patch or whatever had added recolors to the basegame stall.

After rereading CEP extra fixes I noticed the mesh was actually fixed by MaryLou at MTS and I needed to reinstall CEP and it's extras into the proper program files. I also didn't know my Simple Round Column 2 story coulumn was missing until I read the CEP extra fixes. It was removed from the game with FT and shouldn't have been. I wonder if you have it? I didn't. There too, I thought I had just dreamed there used to be one or I had downloaded one for multistory but nope it was a FT bug.

Thank you! I'm glad I didn't just imagine Maxis added recolors to the bathroom stalls in the BV pack. This confirms to me that TS2UC isn't as patched up as everyone thinks if this stuff can go missing and need CEP extra fixes to fix them to show up again. Don't know why my game was messed up unless I didn't install the CEP files the right way and MTS had actually fixed some of these meshes that had gone missing after later EPs etc.

thank you for your help!

No, I know those columns have been gone since then. I did have a mod for them but all these computer moves and cleaning my files, they got lost. I had a few lots which used them but I don't care enough to fix it. :lol:

I thought I read you put the CEP files in but I must have missed it. I used those once but never cared to keep the files. I might do it again. :)
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Wow ive never seen the billboards like that, thanks for sharing! I have stall recolors now that i have pets and freetime installed.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    No, I know those columns have been gone since then. I did have a mod for them but all these computer moves and cleaning my files, they got lost. I had a few lots which used them but I don't care enough to fix it. :lol:

I thought I read you put the CEP files in but I must have missed it. I used those once but never cared to keep the files. I might do it again. :)

I did, but I put the CEP exras in my downloads folder and some showed back up (the CEP fixes like OFB AL fix) like recolors for the Ergo windows (which are custom content recolors) but the Maxis stall recolors in BV wouldn't show up and the multi round column fix wasn't showing up though those fixes were in the CEP extras. I remembered I couldn't get the auto CEP installer to work one time so I had done all this manually. In the wrong places, lol. Some worked some didn't. I used the auto installer again yesterday for CEP and now those actual fixes like for stalls and the column are back in the game. I knew someone had fixed these issues I just couldn't remember if it was a mod, but it's actual fixes in the CEP program where Marylou and Numernor fixed some things later EPs messed up or went missing. Nothing actually goes in the downloads folder but into program files so it was my bad mistake to think I could do it right by manually installing the files from CEP. I wish I had known that years ago. lol I had to reread notes about CEP fixes for the actual game.
    edited July 2020
    Wow ive never seen the billboards like that, thanks for sharing! I have stall recolors now that i have pets and freetime installed.

I used to have the stall recolors from BV in game when I had my discs installed and the patches. But back in 2014 when we got TS2UC they went missing, it's supposed to be a FT problem that caused it. But with the patches installed for the discs I never had that problem until I installed TS2UC and they went missing. I had been cleaning out my pc and one day this week just decided it's time I actually fixed missing things later EPs caused in the game. It seems to me for some reason TS2UC instead of my discs and all patches for TS2, was the problem. I didn't have this problem either until years ago when I installed TS2UC and had never went back to fix it. I mean I've played TS2UC all these years but never got around to fixing the problems with it, until now.