Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is The Love

Does anyone else feel the way I do, that the sensuality and courtship techniques experienced in past series are missing in Sims 4?
Do you remember the dates in past iterations, with slow dancing, caressing, make outs on the couch and in the bed? Where did it all go? Why am I not feeling the romance in Sims 4. I also remember the rose giving and the bouquet that was awarded when a date went well. Do you also remember the date at a restaurant with playing footsies under the table and holding hands and cooing at each other over the meal and then having the option to invite the date over your house for a stay over. Do you remember the honeymoon after the wedding? Do you remember the little film clip that played when first making love and film clip that played when making love in the hot tub. There has got to be more to love than what we are currently getting in Sims 4. I know that I am a hopeless romantic and that I love to create romantic scenarios but in the years since Sims 4, I am becoming a bitter, love-starved, pathetic gamer. My focus is all about money lately, running businesses that lately have been failing miserably due to, well, eco impacts. Customers are focused on brawling in my restaurants and never pay for meals. I want something else to focus on and that is namely, the romantic relationship. Let me know how you feel because I feel all alone right now and need some validation.

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Of all the love that was and was lost along the way, I think what I miss the most is the slow dance, the "goose" interaction and the kiss up arm interaction. And the honeymoon and the wedding toast.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I'm afraid this is because they make Sims 4 more childlish.

But on the other hand there are also "normal romantic" animations missing.
    For example, I don't understand why sims don't even cuddle in bed.

I also wish we would have an underwear category like in Sims 2.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited July 2020
    This so bad
    there is so little to do with your boo in sims4

been hoping for couple dance to make comeback since release TT

people keep saying its cause "its hard to animate" or whatever "clipping issues" but i mean if you can add sparring I am sure you can add couple dancing just that easily

+ I'd just love for my sims to be able to do more activities together instead of separately cause I mean being couple isn't just woohoo in several locations u kno

and there is tons of cutesy stuff, intimate stuff that would not go over any rating at all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    It's because those would require new animations. Which costs money. Which is something that EA, literally the most profitable game publisher on the face of the planet just seems to not be able to give to the Sims team.

Indeed! God forbid EA give the developers any money. Instead, lets give all our profits to Marketing to make terrible tv shows :D

It makes me wonder what they have planned for the long term future if they are spending their marketing money on TV shows. Maybe TS5 will indeed be online multiplayer and the gameplay will consist of challenges. :neutral:
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    It's because those would require new animations. Which costs money. Which is something that EA, literally the most profitable game publisher on the face of the planet just seems to not be able to give to the Sims team.

Indeed! God forbid EA give the developers any money. Instead, lets give all our profits to Marketing to make terrible tv shows :D

It makes me wonder what they have planned for the long term future if they are spending their marketing money on TV shows. Maybe TS5 will indeed be online multiplayer and the gameplay will consist of challenges. :neutral:

Yikes, that would be awful!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Theres a lot of sweet romantic gestures missing, but hey, at least you can have sex in a dumpster now.

Dumpster Woohoo is also a great way to contract as many diseases as possible :D Very romantic :D

I do actually kind of like the animations for Dumpster Woohoo, but I want more romance options in general. Like cuddling in bed and slow dancing.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I wouldn’t mind new additions in this category but it’s not a top priority for me. My Sims don’t do much romance, they just do enough so they can Woohoo.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I would like more for couples, too, especially slow dancing. But mostly I want a clear attraction system.

Lately I’ve gotten back into the game (took several months off) and I’m noticing more autonomous romance in my game. One couple even woohood on their own. I thought we needed a mod for that.
    And there are some uni students I’m playing where Matt was flirting with Harmonie while they were studying. But I planned for Harmonie to get together with Jordan. And as much as I tried, Jordan would reject her. Then I realized Jordan was pining for someone else. So I let them couple off how they wanted and I just think that’s cute how they chose on their own. I’ve heard there is an underlying mechanism for attraction and it seems stronger now. Or maybe it’s in my head, lol.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I think about this a lot! I, too, really miss slow dancing especially. If it was possible in The Sims there's no reason it shouldn't be available in TS4. Weddings now are pretty lame without slow dancing.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I miss that heart shaped hot tub and the ability to be able to cuddle on the bed together
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    YES! The goose, lol, wasn't that awesome.
    Simmivie wrote: »
    I'm afraid this is because they make Sims 4 more childlish.

But on the other hand there are also "normal romantic" animations missing.
    For example, I don't understand why sims don't even cuddle in bed.

I also wish we would have an underwear category like in Sims 2.

I was thinking the same thing, cuddling in bed is a big hole in the love making ritual and I also miss the underwear category.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    This so bad
    there is so little to do with your boo in sims4

been hoping for couple dance to make comeback since release TT

people keep saying its cause "its hard to animate" or whatever "clipping issues" but i mean if you can add sparring I am sure you can add couple dancing just that easily

+ I'd just love for my sims to be able to do more activities together instead of separately cause I mean being couple isn't just woohoo in several locations u kno

and there is tons of cutesy stuff, intimate stuff that would not go over any rating at all

You said it very well. There is nothing going on, where did it all go wrong?
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Android Wilson (beep boop), EA's CEO did recently mention future Sims titles having a focus on competitive play:

https://simscommunity.info/2020/01/31/eas-ceo-confirms-a-next-generation-sims-game-might-have-both-single-player-and-multiplayer/

So honestly I think this Sims Sparkd thing is probably a hint of what's to come.

Gone will be the community challenges like 100 baby, rags to riches, or one of Lilsimsie's shell challenges, soon it'll be Maxis deciding what the players compete for.
    wJbomAo.png
    I hope that is not true but I doubt that it isn't.

LOL, I was flabbergasted over the latest news about a tv challenge show, what the? I am clueless.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2020
    I don't think they have added any romantic interactions since the game released in 2014... Making romantic animations, well except from woohoo does not really seem to be in their interest.

Theres a lot of sweet romantic gestures missing, but hey, at least you can have sex in a dumpster now.
    Ha,m ha ha, it's the little niceties that matter, right?

Dumpster Woohoo is also a great way to contract as many diseases as possible :D Very romantic :D

I do actually kind of like the animations for Dumpster Woohoo, but I want more romance options in general. Like cuddling in bed and slow dancing.
    Totally agree.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I wouldn’t mind new additions in this category but it’s not a top priority for me. My Sims don’t do much romance, they just do enough so they can Woohoo.

Well there are definitely some slam bam thankya mam kind of guys out there or even girls, maybe, lol but still romance cannot be undersold for the majority,.
    babajayne wrote: »
    I would like more for couples, too, especially slow dancing. But mostly I want a clear attraction system.

Lately I’ve gotten back into the game (took several months off) and I’m noticing more autonomous romance in my game. One couple even woohood on their own. I thought we needed a mod for that.
    And there are some uni students I’m playing where Matt was flirting with Harmonie while they were studying. But I planned for Harmonie to get together with Jordan. And as much as I tried, Jordan would reject her. Then I realized Jordan was pining for someone else. So I let them couple off how they wanted and I just think that’s cute how they chose on their own. I’ve heard there is an underlying mechanism for attraction and it seems stronger now. Or maybe it’s in my head, lol.

All that seems pretty awesome, I didn't notice it yet but I hope you are right because romance definitely needs some ramping up. Then again, it could all be in your head, lol, no, just kidding.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Oh the good old days. When they say you never can return home they where not joking. After Eco Living it's clear the Sims are a cash cow with no thought to content or testing. We now wait weeks for a patch that wouldn't be needed if proper testing was done. My Sims enjoy making candles but growing soy wax is nearly impossible so they got to spend more money to buy the wax they could have grown for nothing.