Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did the 8th July patch fix the bills issue?

I haven't yet installed the eco lifestyle patch as I heard it caused a lot of problems, including making bills way too low.
Has this new patch fixed this bills issue? and are there any other issues caused by the eco lifestyle patch that this patch hasn't fixed?
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Nope. As far as I know this patch didn't fix any of the major bugs caused by the eco lifestyle pack.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • HappyssummerHappyssummer Posts: 37 Member
    Please don't tell me there another patch 🤦I guess I'll have a look
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I think the bills being lower is intentional rather than a bug so I wouldn't expect any fixes for that. Gardening is also still messed up:(
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I think the bills being lower is intentional rather than a bug so I wouldn't expect any fixes for that. Gardening is also still messed up:(

Great. Another “design” feature that makes the game 🐸🐸🐸🐸 easy. How much easier do they want to make this game ?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    They didn't fix gardening, NAPS weren't tuned, eco footprint wasn't tuned, flaming toilets weren't fixed, and the bills are still low. They basically didn't fix anything eco lifestyle.

To be fair though, the only thing I've listed as an actual bug is gardening. NAPS, the footprint and the bills are working as intended, we just might not like the implementation. Pretty sure bills are supposed to be low like that now, and the toilets are supposed to catch fire if they've been upgraded to compostable and not emptied regularly. (Now if you have un-upgraded toilet bursting into flames, that's a bug, and peeing flames is also a bug... but yeah, not fixed yet either. :/ )
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 we waited this long for them not to fix anything? Lol
    Justin wrote: »
    🌺🌺🌺🌺 we waited this long for them not to fix anything? Lol

Haha! Well, they fixed some things...

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978506/july-8th-2020-patch-notes#latest

Nothing major, mostly graphics and sounds. Definitely was much smaller than what I was expecting for sure though. Hopefully they won't make us wait another month for the next patch, but they probably will.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    [quote="Camkat;c-17569755"][quote="Justin;c-17569745"]🌺🌺🌺🌺 we waited this long for them not to fix anything? Lol[/quote]

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978506/july-8th-2020-patch-notes#latest

Nothing major, mostly graphics and sounds. Definitely was much smaller than what I was expecting for sure though. Hopefully they won't make us wait another month for the next patch, but they probably will. [/quote]
    Yeah but nothing that’s actually important . Especially since this eco life style just got released. 1 month and no progress . I won’t hold my hopes up for next month. The least they could do is let us know they are aware & working on it
    Camkat wrote: »
    🌺🌺🌺🌺 we waited this long for them not to fix anything? Lol

Nothing major, mostly graphics and sounds. Definitely was much smaller than what I was expecting for sure though. Hopefully they won't make us wait another month for the next patch, but they probably will.
    Yeah but nothing that’s actually important . Especially since this eco life style just got released. 1 month and no progress . I won’t hold my hopes up for next month. The least they could do is let us know they are aware & working on it

The only thing I've heard them say they were working on was the gardening and the toilet. (Both through twitter). They don't really update us here, they update at Answers HQ, (which is their official bug reports forum) and Twitter. I agree it would be nice if they did once in awhile pop over here though and let us know some of the things they are working on since a lot of people don't have Twitter.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

I actually am expecting a fix for the bills. The tooltip (when you hover over the item in the billing information) for 'lot tax' literally says that lot taxes are based "on the value of all objects on the lot and the lot's value". It's not supposed to be a flat rate.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

I actually am expecting a fix for the bills. The tooltip (when you hover over the item in the billing information) for 'lot tax' literally says that lot taxes are based "on the value of all objects on the lot and the lot's value". It's not supposed to be a flat rate.

Maybe they'll fix this like they fixed the floor lamp. :lol: Hope not. :lol:
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Maybe they'll fix this like they fixed the floor lamp. :lol: Hope not. :lol:

I had a similar thought actually, because I realized I hadn't checked whether the tooltip changed after yesterday's update. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Havent had the problem with the bill thing oddly enough. Goth family has like 15k in bills when i played them. :# wonder if it varies?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Havent had the problem with the bill thing oddly enough. Goth family has like 15k in bills when i played them. :# wonder if it varies?

It does based on your family’s land value, the total value of their possessions and their water and electric consumption.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020
    After using EL my sim has lived in a small container in Evergreen Harbour, in a big house in Oasis Spring and in a mansion in Windenburg and she payed 300 fix tax in all of them. Now she moved to a penthouse in San Myshuno and she's paying 7500 fix tax. So they kept rents in the apartments depending on how big and luxuous they are but not in houses...?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2020
    I don't think it actually fixed anything. It just added some stupid thing to the gallery. :D
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    After playtesting, neither bills, nor marys, nor jacks issues.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

So it's not intentional, huh? Well that's good to know! In that case, it must be a bug. Does anyone know if there is a bug report for this?
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    For years the bills were TOO high and people are complaining that they are too low and want that part "fixed"

SMH.

In real life when you purchase an item, you aren't taxed for it in perpetuity. So, if you purchase a 20K house and purchase 100k worth of stuff to go into the house your bills should not go from $300 to $30,000 that just is not realistic. Now your electricity should go up if you use more electronics and that is reflected in the new billing. But your lot tax shouldn't go up because you have 7 TVs.

Leave the new billing alone
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    What's the gardening glitch? I might've had it happen but never noticed. LOL
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

It does based on your family’s land value, the total value of their possessions and their water and electric consumption.

I know that. I mean in terms of the glitch since im seeing people saying their rich sims have very low bills. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    For years the bills were TOO high and people are complaining that they are too low and want that part "fixed"

SMH.

In real life when you purchase an item, you aren't taxed for it in perpetuity. So, if you purchase a 20K house and purchase 100k worth of stuff to go into the house your bills should not go from $300 to $30,000 that just is not realistic. Now your electricity should go up if you use more electronics and that is reflected in the new billing. But your lot tax shouldn't go up because you have 7 TVs.

In my country the property tax does depends on the the value of the house. We aren't all taxed the same...
    I always thought that the bills were low. Now i think they're just too low :)
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    troshalom wrote: »

SMH.

I disagree not too many things to spend money on once you have a big house!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    Very confused by this patch to be honest, none of the bugs people have been pointing out were fixed.

NAPs are still a nightmare, pets still disappear, sims are still obsessed with white cake and clay, the broken Eco Lifestyle window is still broken, still get locked out of houses after editing them, bills still a mess, getting power cut off on off the grid lots, sims changing into swimwear to enter some waterfront lots, etc etc. None of the actual problems seemed to have been fixed.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Very confused by this patch to be honest, none of the bugs people have been pointing out were fixed.

NAPs are still a nightmare, pets still disappear, sims are still obsessed with white cake and clay, the broken Eco Lifestyle window is still broken, still get locked out of houses after editing them, bills still a mess, getting power cut off on off the grid lots, sims changing into swimwear to enter some waterfront lots, etc etc. None of the actual problems seemed to have been fixed.

the bugs might be like that because they are adding things to the game we don't know about yet
    more for sim kids and more drama please