Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Spark'd - Coming July 17th!

Comments

• KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member
    Wonder if we'll be able to download the entries. 🤔 I'm sure there'll be some awesome sims and builds.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure you could.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2020
    IceyJ wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    So the next GP theme is about reality tv...

Don't think so. The Sparked Reality Competition seems to be just something to promote the The Sims Spark'd Challenges.

I think it's also early promotion of the GP. We'll find out soon enough.

What proof do you have?

Did I say I had proof? It's called speculation. They sent a survey a long time ago about a reality tv pack, and they've told us that the next GP is something never done before in The Sims.

The pack announcement should be coming soon, too.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I will probably watch one or two episodes when it fits my schedule. Might be fun :)
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    You sure EA, you want the whole world to see a married sim see their spouse having an affair with another, and then proceed to “tell a joke” with the sim their spouse had the affair with... on the bed?

Better pull out that “Weirder Stories” marketing you went with at launch. Because that’s the type of emergent storytelling that’s still in TS4 LOL.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I'll freely admit I like craft based reality competition shows (Chopped, Lego Masters, Face/Off, etc.)

This one is going to be so much harder to watch because they're not random people. I can't exactly call them people I know, but they are people I follow and like. And I know how reality TV works, and it's not always pretty.

Still going to watch it, and enjoy the builds and characters.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    Looks interesting
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited July 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t like that there didn’t seem to be a way for everyone to apply to participate in the competition. They just chose from the same people who are already benefiting from being Game Changers. Nothing about this sounded equal or fair and therefore does not appeal to me.

This! It would be a different story if they would've started out with a bunch of fans from around the world.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited July 2020
    Anyone from the sims community will have the opportunity to participate.

So get to working on those sims and builds! :p
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    This looks like so much fun! Cant wait to watch it. And by the way most Game Changers dont make lots of money

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    KojiK wrote: »
    This looks like so much fun! Cant wait to watch it. And by the way most Game Changers dont make lots of money

Technically, Game Changers don't make money for being GCs -- they do things like make YouTube videos or stream on Twitch.

This looks like an interesting concept -- hope it's not on at a weird time when I can't watch.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    KojiK wrote: »

Technically, Game Changers don't make money for being GCs -- they do things like make YouTube videos or stream on Twitch.

This looks like an interesting concept -- hope it's not on at a weird time when I can't watch.

They make money from ads, which are watched by players who are usually interested in the free pre-release packs (since those videos get exponentially more views than their regular ones) that are provided by EA. In addition to that EA regularly flys them to CA, presumably pays for their room, food, admission to EA Play, and now is putting them on TV which furthers their potential reach.... therefore increasing the money they stand to make off ads. It’s sleazy
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    If this competition is going to be a more ongoing thing with multiple seasons, I think they might be letting average fans join the show later. Who knows.

But for this first round, inviting game changers makes perfect sense; it got to stay a surprise all the way up until the announcement, and many simmers are already familiar with at least some of them, giving us another incentive to watch it.
    Personally I'm kinda looking forwards to it, especially since I already know several of these people.

Also, let me just say that I'm grateful that this will be up on Youtube as well; we're obviously not all americans here and I'm glad they considered that.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Comparing to some realities on tv now like Legendary from HBO, this sounds so... frivolous.

100k for game changers to play TS4? If they don't deliver out of this world, beyond our imagination, peak quality content there, tell me of an unproportional prize. I'm not into giving that many pats on the back for mediocrity and beans. Let's wait and see.

But do we needed it? I don't think so.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im skeptical. Maybe because Ive seen too many reality shows with anime or comic books or other parts of nerdom as its focus just crash and die, and was only successful at painting the community behind it as strange. And since it is a reality show, its going to be heavily edited, heavily scripted and whoever's winning the 100 grand was already decided weeks ago. Plus, I can already see manufactured drama that wont have anything to the game since drama and tense music = ratings! Plus if this manages to go on for more than 1 season, I'll eat my hat.

Also, why havent any of us heard about this? Are we just too average to be on tv? Why go for only the most popular simmers who already have large fanbases?
    edited July 2020
    I don't know if it's serious or just a joke...but, did someone just spoil the ending?
    7657gdb.jpg

Sorry it is a joke ^^; carry on!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    wow its so weird seeing gurus and streamers with this cheesy tv show edit tho brain be confused
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I don't know if it's serious or just a joke...but, did someone just spoil the ending?
    7657gdb.jpg

It's a joke - it sounds like her kind of humor :)
    7657gdb.jpg

It's a joke - it sounds like her kind of humor :)

OH! Okay, sorry I am not familiar with this simmer. ^^

Another tweet about this? Enough already :/ We get it a new TV show is coming.