Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Spark'd? No thanks!!

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2020
    CAS and Build challenges sound okay but "story" challenges or whatever they called them sounds like the most cringe thing ever.
    "Oh no! My sim died of a Murphy Bed!"
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    So disappointing! Man, so disappointing! Im almost speechless...
    I just hope the new tab on the gallery won't make my game slower...

I think this is the summer surprise they talked about on the roadmap. Oh my god, so disappointing!

I really hope this isn't the Summer Surprise. But, I wouldn't be surprised either. It's already the middle of July, and it's definitely a "surprise."
  • KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member
    bixters wrote: »

I think this is the summer surprise they talked about on the roadmap. Oh my god, so disappointing!

I really hope this isn't the Summer Surprise. But, I wouldn't be surprised either. It's already the middle of July, and it's definitely a "surprise."

Just...not a good one xD.
    edited July 2020
    beville wrote: »
    How about taking that 100,000 and create new babies and how about adding cars, create a world , better personalities for the sims!
    Heck even the Sims mobile have bunk bed before the pc/ mac game.
    After nearly 6 years and still asking for the same thing!! It's just sad because EA/ Maxis have fans from almost 2 decades and all we get for the 20th anniversary is a copy pasted hot tub as a thank you!
    Thanks again for letting your fans down. Just saying 🙄

Actually yeah why couldn't we use that 100,000 for better bug fixes and game content?

Fans : "WE want improved babies, new content, bug fixes!"

Team : "Here...have a TV show :D"
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I hope it isn't. But im afraid of getting my hopes high... and now im also afraid of the never done before game pack... im really impressed, but not in a good way 🤦‍♀️
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited July 2020

Same. I also hope this isn't in any way connected to the theme of the new GP, but of course we don't know anything about that yet. Sounds like this could be the summer surprise indeed.
    edited July 2020

Same. I also hope this isn't in any way connected to the theme of the new GP, but of course we don't know anything about that yet. Sounds like this could be the summer surprise indeed.

:( But what scares me I think this IS it :(. They talked about NEW and exciting things coming...this is what they meant?
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm hoping too this isn't a hint for the next Game Pack. I'm sick to death of "reality shows" I don't want it in my game either. Why can't they just give us some great base game updates that players have been begging for? Why do they think we want this?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2020

:( But what scares me I think this IS it :(. They talked about NEW and exciting things coming...this is what they meant?

Well I went back and looked at what SimGuruDuke wrote and it sounds like the TV Show was probably the last thing he gave a hint about.

In addition to the Stuff Pack, we are also hard at work on our next Expansion Pack. I’m super excited about the theme the team has chosen—I think it will be a surprise to many of you.
    This turned out to be Eco Lifestyle.

The team has also been hard at work on some new surprise additions we plan to bring to the game over the summer. They are not massive changes, but they are pretty cool ones that I think you will have a ton of fun with.
    I assume that this was the firemen and the inventory update, unless they have something more planned?

Another group on our team is currently focused on our next Game Pack. This pack is a major first for us, and we are super eager to share it with all of you later this year.
    To me it sounds like he is speaking about the game pack only and we have not heard anything about this yet.

Lastly, we have been working on some fun ways to Stay Home and Play Together. No, we are not doing multiplayer. We want to help our community of players connect with each other (and us!) in this time of social distancing.
    I assume that this was actually the TV Show and maybe also the livestreams that they have been doing.
    edited July 2020

Yes, it could be. But maybe it's just a base game-thing.. Let's hope so. For me it's just frustrating to see them focus on a reality tv show when the game is missing so much.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Personally, I avoid Reality TV like Covid-19, but I think this will have an audience. For some reason though - and this might be because I read some of the replies on Twitter - I think this will be mostly watched by other game changers and aspiring game changers. I am not upset about it though, I am used to disliking many things. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Definitely not my thing. There are a million other things I wish they would have invested this time into. :D That's just me, though, I'm not into reality competitions, sims or otherwise.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Never mind all the issues the game has, but yes let’s pretend they don’t exist. Lame.
    It'd be pretty funny if the game keeps mucking up on the show. I know they'd probably edit that stuff out, but I'd love to see time-based challenges grind to a halt because the sims are frozen, or build challenges last forever because of the lag in Build Mode.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Sniff sniff, do I smell another poorly thought out concept like The Sims Online/ SimCity online only fiasco?

That will ultimately crash and burn, waste EA millions of dollars that will cause the suits to slash the budget which in turn will directly affect the quality of TS5?!?

Yeah probably. It will be interesting to see how long it stays on TBS because their popular programming isn’t family friendly drama free content like Sims 4. Once it’s web series only it won’t reach anyone who isn’t already seeing this stuff. This whole thing is probably promotional material for some dlc and it’s super tacky.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited July 2020
    Well hopefully on a positive note my dreaded prediction that the never been done before gamepack was a reality show game pack should not be true now they are doing this. That’s the only positive I take from this as it just looks awful. This year for the sims seems bad so far the 20th anniversary, the buggy mess of eco lifestyle and now this. For me the only thing I have liked so far has been tiny living. This show looks like it’s full of game changers so I don’t see the point in it when what they will be creating in the show they create on their channels anyway.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited July 2020
    Is it a hint for GP09 ? Real TV themed pack ?

Survey 2015
    Get Real - It's time to become a reality star!
    Join the cast of Sliced n' Diced to compete against other chefs, Finding Love to become the most desired bachelor/bachelorette, or Runway Takeoff to become a fashion design star.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Is it a hint for GP09 ? Real TV themed ?

Please no😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

Please no😆

2nd this...please no.
    edited July 2020

Please no😆

2nd this...please no.

They couldn't possibly release a Reality-TV themed pack before bringing essential things like detailled relationships, personalities and hotels/resorts to the game, right? I hope this is not the theme of GP09, and if it is, I sure hope it doesn't have 'Get Real' as the title, haha
  • PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    I will definitely watch the first episode, sounds like it could be interesting. Just a couple of thoughts:

- I am an older gamer and while it was not too mainstream video gaming did have an audience on television. TBS created a competition show in the early 80’s called Starcade. Gamers of all ages played video arcade games for prizes and money. It went into syndication after the first season, I believe Twitch streamed the reruns. There was also a channel for gamers called G4 and the Spike channel had their own video game award show. So older games might be more open to viewing the show on television. I will watch it on TBS but the episodes will also stream afterwards on Buzzfeed’s multiplayer Twitch/YouTube channel. One of the judges Kelsey Impicciche has a popular and entertaining 100 babies challenge play-thru featured on Buzzfeed.

- gamechargers make sense for first season contestants. They are camera ready and they did not have to spend time auditioning people. Sounds like if the show takes off they will widen the talent pool and look at who does well for the at home player challenges.

- Not seeing the millions spent on this, there are no big celebrities cameos (think they would have advertised), one studio location and the season was probably filmed in less than a week. Also I believe marketing and game development are two different departments.

- I love watching creative competition shows like top chef and project runway. I am curious to see how the teams work together and create their content. Meaningful stories can be possible, Mod creator roBurky used Sims 3 to tell the poignant story of a homeless father and daughter. Check out Alice and Kev, it is so well done. I think this creator should have been one of the judges. I know sims 4 gameplay is lacking but I think it will be interesting to see what the competitors do within the game engine and challenge rules.

I can see if reality tv is not your thing but does it really hurt to check it out? Who knows it might be cool and if it is not, at least they tried something different.

Gallery ID Pickledtiara