The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think the new summer surprise additions will be?

Remember this is what the Sims team said when they introduced the roadmap:

"The team has also been hard at work on some new surprise additions we plan to bring to the game over the summer. They are not massive changes, but they are pretty cool ones that I think you will have a ton of fun with."

My speculation is:

-Burglars
Just like they brought back firefighters maybe the addition of npc burglars with the addition of an alarm system.

-The ability to recover tombstones when not playing that household/the comeback of mausoleums ( when placed down all tombstones can be accessed once a Sim dies and maybe Sims that were marked as a played household won't be culled)

-Small pets (e.g. lizards & snakes)

-unlocking unnatural hairstyles so you can choose whether they're genetic or not *especially for occult Sims*

-Or maybe objects added to the game like they did with baby Yoda for example.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Was that not the patch where we got firefighters and the inventory update? Or do you think they have more updates planned for the summer?
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited July 2020
    I think burglars could be possible, along with the rumored Gallery challenges UI, and maybe the ability to paint ceilings or another build/buy update. Maybe a CAS addition like body hair or eyelashes? Personally I don't think it has something to do with babies or cars.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Was that not the patch where we got firefighters and the inventory update? Or do you think they have more updates planned for the summer?

It possibly could of been firefighters and ladders, but the summer isn't over yet and there is a while between now and the release of the Nifty Knitting stuff pack. They could also add something like being able to have a home business like a bakery or home knitting store so Sims don't l have to buy a retail lot/or add the Plopsy store to base game.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    We got burglars with Sharing & Caring! :D
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Lol... Sort of! :D But yeah, a burglar could be a thing, but more than anything, I'm expecting the knitting trailer pretty soon!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member

Only we did not get one burglar but instead the whole neighborhood turned into burglars. :#
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    So far this year we got a game-breaking pack and a reality tv show. I'm not exactly optimistic.
    Sorry if that came across as kinda rude to EA.
    banner.png
    logion wrote: »

Only we did not get one burglar but instead the whole neighborhood turned into burglars. :#

Lol you guys are so funny! Seriously though, that N.A.P. needs to be fixed or taken out completely.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Building and cas competitions. Very disappointing! But may be cool for builders. I was expecting something that would add to gameplay though...
  • KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member
    ...think big summer thing was this....:(

It might be this new show they're talking about. A new tab for it is already in the forums.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978505/the-sims-sparkd-coming-july-17th#latest
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    A reality Show Game Pack. I would be the major first for the franchise!
  • KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

Please no :(.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

That would be horrendous. Like literally a dumpster fire :D
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    NoirStasis wrote: »

"The team has also been hard at work on some new surprise additions we plan to bring to the game over the summer. They are not massive changes, but they are pretty cool ones that I think you will have a ton of fun with."

My speculation is:

-Burglars
    Just like they brought back firefighters maybe the addition of npc burglars with the addition of an alarm system.

-The ability to recover tombstones when not playing that household/the comeback of mausoleums ( when placed down all tombstones can be accessed once a Sim dies and maybe Sims that were marked as a played household won't be culled)

-unlocking unnatural hairstyles so you can choose whether they're genetic or not *especially for occult Sims*

What do you guys think?

I'm hoping for pool slides,pool waterfalls and a wave machine for pools.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    ...think big summer thing was this....:(

I don't think so. This is mainly for the gane changers.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,127 Member
    bixters wrote: »

I don't know, maybe if they added a few different competitions, it may not be so bad.

If we could have a cooking, photography, or gaming competition. If you have Realm of Magic installed, a spellcaster competition to choose the next sage might be fun.

I doubt that would happen but if it did, it wouldn't be so bad. I would definitely be more interested in that than any real life reality show. I'm not a fan of reality shows in general though.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Wasn't it just Firefighters + ladders? I'm guessing the Sims Spark'd is the big "never been don before" reveal they mentioned, which is unfortunate if true.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Wasn't it just Firefighters + ladders? I'm guessing the Sims Spark'd is the big "never been don before" reveal they mentioned, which is unfortunate if true.

The never done before thing is a game pack. This Spark'd thing may be the 'summer surprise'...
    NoirStasis wrote: »

My speculation is:

-Burglars

What do you guys think?

I'm hoping for pool slides,pool waterfalls and a wave machine for pools.

Yes!!!!! A wave machine would be epic and we need pool slides like the ones from TS3.
    telmarina wrote: »

The never done before thing is a game pack. This Spark'd thing may be the 'summer surprise'...

Yeah I'm starting to think that too. I actually posted this thread two hours before they announced Spark'd on the forums my bad lol.
    I think burglars could be possible, along with the rumored Gallery challenges UI, and maybe the ability to paint ceilings or another build/buy update. Maybe a CAS addition like body hair or eyelashes? Personally I don't think it has something to do with babies or cars.

You were right about the gallery changes for Spark'd!
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    bixters wrote: »

I think it'd still be better than EL ;)