Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Spark'd? No thanks!!

bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
So basically the Sims 4 is having a reality competition between game changers for $100,000. Among them is StephoSims and Plumbella.

When did this game become about a reality show? Who asked for this?

Super lame.

https://youtu.be/1JGKbW-jSPk

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited July 2020
    bixters wrote: »
    Is the things they kept spending the budget on? I mean :/ okay? But I'm not interested in stuff like this.

Exactly! Spending their budget on a reality competition? Pretty lame surprise.

Not exactly, it's a strategy to seduce a new kind of players.

The Real TV shows are still popular in the world, this investment could become profitable.
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    gee, they used to invite some Simmers to Maxis Studios on Sims 3 time to create a lot of buildings and Sims for promotion and community activity. This reality could be something like that. I like the idea and don't think that the budget get ripped of by 100 thousand dollars because of it.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yeah, I would prefer that Maxis stick to making games. Hopefully there are still a lot of people over at Maxis that still does that. Maxis is a large studio.

I also hope that they recorded this last year and not this year with the current pandemic...?
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Real TV show are still popular in the world, the investment could be profitable.

There are HUNDREDS of videos on Youtube that do the same thing. Who'd honestly gonna watch this?
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm not interested in a reality tv show, I'm not going to watch it but they should do whatever they want. It's cool someone is going to win those 100.000 dollars.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm kinda exited about the tv show, but still think they could have better spent the budget on something else. It's kinda sad really. I know that a lot of people would have preferred something like a large basegame update to the Sims 4.

Edit: Me included.
    banner.png
  • KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member

Real TV show are still popular in the world, the investment could be profitable.

There are HUNDREDS of videos on Youtube that do the same thing. Who'd honestly gonna watch this?

Someone will...:/ But still not saying it was a good idea. Maxis tends to cater to those small amount of fans and not listen to the majority.
    Flap wrote: »
    gee, they used to invite some Simmers to Maxis Studios on Sims 3 time to create a lot of buildings and Sims for promotion and community activity. This reality could be something like that. I like the idea and don't think that the budget get ripped of by 100 thousand dollars because of it.

Except they are airing this on national TV, which costs a lot of money. TBS is a pretty popular station in the US. I'd say a million dollars. Why spend it on a TV show?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I mean, it's an attempt to engage community members while they don't have anything to release yet. The challenges are also available for other players to do. Seems pretty standard from the Sims team

If you're not interested, you can just ignore it

I think the budget could have been used more productively, you know, for things like babies, cars, better personalities for our sims? And this whole thing looks so cringe.

Marketing has its own team and budget. 100,000 is not much for a world famous franchise.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member

Sadly in the world there are always people who like this kind of content.

Marketing has its own team and budget. 100,000 is not much for a world famous franchise.

The cost of airing this on national TV costs quite a bit of money....
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    are u kidding me 100k for the winner without counting the budget used to prepare the contest, okay maxis u definitely ran out of excuses to explain why are the sims 4 so lame

c'mon ea check your priorities

Exactly, this is showing on NATIONAL TV on TBS, a popular station. How much do you think it costs to air this?
    edited July 2020
    TV shows also actually make money. If TV shows cost more money than they make, no one would be making them. It can also tank and fail, but that's a risk you take.
    Duvelina wrote: »
    TV shows also actually make money. If TV shows cost more money than they make, no one would be making them. It can also tank and fail, but that's a risk you take.

I'm not convinced many people in America will watch this at all. Younger people don't even watch TV, and they are the main Sims demographic. Older people don't care about video games on TV.
    edited July 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »

I'm not convinced many people in America will watch this at all. Younger people don't even watch TV, and they are the main Sims demographic. Older people don't care about video games on TV.

Younger people don't watch TV? Where did you get that statement? Toddlers, okay. But older kids and teens definitely watch TV.

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member

The cost of airing this on national TV costs quite a bit of money....

Perhaps it's a cooperation with the TV network?

I cannot say much about this special project, but marketing is important, especially for a game in its sixth year.
  • KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member
    The main problem of this show is ... American show for Americans.

I mean the rest of the world is excluded and will never watch this show.

True. Don't know how we couldn't have players compete. These gamechargers are YTubers they have money...what about us ordinary players? Now I might be interested in that.