Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Off the grid phone moodlets when not off the grid?

One of the things that was added in the last patch was a few special moodlets for when sims are using their phones to call people off the grid. The issue is, I'm getting this every time any of my sims calls someone, even if they don't live in a lot with the off the grid trait. Has anyone else been having this issue, and does anyone know what's causing it?

I use no mods or cc, and don't have eco lifestyle. This glitch isn't a major problem for me, but it's a little annoying.
banner.png

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It happened to my sim living in Strangerville too. I wasn't off the grid. I have no idea why. My sim moved (not because of that) and the new lot she's living it doesn't happen...
  • Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    Yes, I have had the same thing happen in my save files and I don't have Eco Lifestyle. It is slightly annoying but I find the gardening bug and lately my generations file being unable to load a lot worse : /
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited July 2020
    This happened to me too. My Sim got a moodlet that said it was poor reception or something like that. That household lives in Windenburg and has never been off-the-grid.

Edit: There is a bug thread on EA AHQ about this. If you haven't already, you may want to click Me Too. You can find it here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Cell-phone-gives-off-grid-related-moodlets-for-on-grid/td-p/9169520/page/5
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Yes. Thought I had lost my mind. I don't have any off grid lots. I also have a sim in this same save that is constantly getting the afraid of drowning tense mood when there is no water around. I had to buy him the carefree reward, so hopefully that helps.
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    edited July 2020
    I had the same issue. I have my legacy family in Oasis Springs, never been off the grid. It only started happening after I put in the nanocan touchless trashcan because of the dumpster bug. I replaced it with a normal, cheap trash can and calls seem fine now. I think if you use mostly off-the-grid items the lot assumes you're off the grid? Only problem now is that my garbage is overflowing. This needs to go away.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    That makes sense@afernoonbaboon. Those are the items I usually use especially for sims just starting out.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited July 2020
    I had the same issue. I have my legacy family in Oasis Springs, never been off the grid. It only started happening after I put in the nanocan touchless trashcan because of the dumpster bug. I replaced it with a normal, cheap trash can and calls seem fine now. I think if you use mostly off-the-grid items the lot assumes you're off the grid? Only problem now is that my garbage is overflowing. This needs to go away.

No go, I'm afraid. This glitch happened to me with two sims. The first used to live off the grid (not nanocan), and moved twice to non off the grid lots (also no nanocans). In all of her homes, she got the moodlet. The second sim lived in a non off the grid lot (no nanocan), then moved house to another non off the grid lot, also no nanocan. I have no idea what's going on.

Edit: Also, thanks for the link @SweetieWright_84 - I have clicked the 'me too' button now. I looked for that thread last week but couldn't find it, so cheers.
    banner.png