Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your sims's favourite hobbies?

I love having my sims get involved with at least one hobbie.
What are your sims's favourite hobbies?
Mine are a tie between Sports and health and History and culture related. I wish we had more options though.

What are your sims's favourite hobbies? 128 votes

History and culture related (archeology, vampire lore)
0%
Gecko420 1 vote
Food related (baking, cooking)
10%
amchristiansimgirl1010stephanie132392happygurlcomicsforlifeHopeyStarrjoRN1414SimsSlaythenameslynith13suvoltapopstarsleyDuvelinaWayfindr 13 votes
Sports and health related (bowling, wellness)
10%
JueJueAlrynnPixykristenleighwhiteDoloresGreytexxx78ChadSims2JojoMOMSTERPeralKellogg_J_KelloggAliSim19ChristineRose5orenjiAi 13 votes
Crafting (candle making, flower arranging, woodworking, juice fizzing)
7%
Akl500Pbrackencat31LadyInBlackAuroraBoreallisfreindlylolKennziKaigebluelightingkw4222Hearts4uDezzyFox 10 votes
Nature related (fishing, herbalism)
10%
crocobauraCamkatOmairaMoonfoxNightcryadduapinaBearpal64mustenililypadmeulinSAEldarinPatch__2008DaepheneNekia33painterReaganboganCalico45 14 votes
Music related (guitar, piano, pipe organ, violin, singing, dj mixing, dancing)
16%
AprilDawnPlayerSinger2010CorkysPetalsSusanaLeotehaneulJeansooAquariusMomjheyjuneiceloutredorTezzie7645KoteykaLairaVanPelt81smurfy77AmandèleRouensimsAngeliqueAdelaideKaitlinMarieCassieb95SimGuruR 21 votes
Computer related (media production, video gaming, programing)
5%
bshag4lvCeiCeiHPlumbobCrossingcoolsim9999999SharoniagothiclolitaplSimsLady2000 7 votes
Other creative arts (painting, photography, writting)
20%
bekiMaryVannStrangerthancmbaker16stilljustme2jennydb91taydevduhboy2u2ThenyoukissmeEvaliynklovesjenStutumMDianaSimsDominicLaurencePotterheadSimRedShoe7CaityCupcakes10Izzeh96Vivi_WillowTreeAtreya33 26 votes
Other (please let us know)
17%
GalacticGalIsb917babajaynefriendlysimmersLustianiciakeene61LissyK9Lisamango0LoriTSpdrakharisannaliese39ScobreMareahMarduc_PlaysRavenSpitDianesimsSERVERFRASimAlexandriaSimmingalamp107 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    I like looking for collectibles :D
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    It really varies depending on the sim. I don't think there's any one that I try to encourage over others, and I'll often let my Sims make their own choices for hobbies - I have Slice of Life mod installed, and there was some level of autonomy before that.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I choose a hobby that suits them. Sometimes my Sims choose their hobbies themselves by getting obsessed about something.
    A lot of my Sims do gardening, though.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Due to age, my sims usually have multiple favorite activities. My main sim is focusing on body building, computers and gardening with additional interest in massages. My second sim is very interested in art and reading.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    It depends on the Sim... I have a diverse set of Sims in my game that have various interests and hobbies.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I don't know if I would call what my Sims do a hobby, but at the moment, my Sims are obsessed with gardening and recycling. Another obsession lately has been watching TV - the weather channel no less.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I use painting the most because I imagine it to be relaxing (I wish it added fun), helps decorate the house and can earn decent money. But my sims also like fishing and woodworking. So maybe I should have picked other because I don't stick to one of those themes.
  • Options
    WayfindrWayfindr Posts: 3 New Member
    I always seem to gravitate towards food because that's what I'm obsessed with irl. Time to go outside my comfort zone, yeesh.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    With the couple in my avatar, a tie between Music & Other Creative Arts. For other sims I have made there are different hobbies.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    It differs per sim, but cooking is the main one I've been using lately.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited July 2020
    Most of my sims have music lover trait...and vampires.. That explains. :D
    Hunting plasma at night time and singing, playing instruments in daytime at the community lots, that made my sims become 5 star celebrity without any efforts.
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I actually do a lot of things at once..
    Collecting, doing yoga, and making them learn the creative skills: Music & Painting.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    It's different for every Sim.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I think gardening is the most common hobby among my sims, but they usually have more than one hobby, and sometimes the hobby is their main money making activity.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    My Sims love the waterslide. If left alone, they'll spend hours on it.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    It really depends on the character what they do, but I just recently relized how much I love fishing as a hobby. They get to go to different places, it can be done with a friend and then you can mount or bowl the fish they caught.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Also gardening.

It does depend on the sim though and the story that I'm telling with that sim, however, these do seem to be my fall backs and go to's. Also, even if they have other hobbies, almost all households I play seem to have at least one or two plants growing and almost all my sims fish, even if they're just "on holiday".
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    That would be writing, It's also her bread and butter.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2020
    This because I am an ugly fat couch potato. I love yoga though.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    raise there skills and be good parents to there children
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    It depends on the sim, but there’s one thing I make them all do, and that’s ice/roller skating. I made a “Roller Derby” holiday where they travel to a rink and light fireworks in the summer. I love to put on the Retro station and just watch them skate around and do tricks. I love having them skate in the winter when it’s snowing, too and I play the Winter Holiday station. So all my sims are incredible figure skaters. 🤗
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    My sims are usually a bunch of computer geeks.😁
    There is lots of money to be made. Also the robot station.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Some of my sims are geeks and love nothing better than to spend afternoons trolling teh forums, and especially updating social status (sheesh). They will drop ques to go update. Some are into making apps and plug-ins...my Riley, female vamp loves to makes apps and will do it automously.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    My alltime No. 1 Sim is a Family-man and -Father, he takes his (Grand)Kids to the Park, to the Pool and Museums a lot, or throws a bbq-party.

The other Sim i play a lot is in the Scientist Career, his hobbies are inventing and planning evil schemes to grow back his hair.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    It depends on the sim and their personality. My main sim is a good vampire and has many different hobbies that he uses to help him relax and manage his condition. He particularly enjoys music related activities, reading and writing, and fitness/wellness related activities. He also enjoys archaeology, playing chess, cooking/baking, gardening and flower arranging, and will love knitting once Nifty Knitting is released. Computers aren't really his forte, but he does own a laptop for writing. His partner prefers fishing, herbalism, and woodworking, but also likes to keep fit.

My second main couple are both very creative. My main sim in this household loves music and enjoys playing musical instruments, singing and writing songs, as well as writing books. He also really enjoys acting, painting, yoga, and jogging. His partner prefers writing/performing comedy routines, woodworking, gardening, and fishing.