Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Where Did the New French Game Pack Rumors Come From?

I have read some forum posts, even some articles of dubious quality mentioning the rumors spreading around the forums as evidence, and have seen plenty of the speculation here and there. Unfortunately, I cannot trace it back to a source, getting bogged down in all the discussions of what people would want from such a game pack.

So... Why exactly are so many people assuming this one? I haven't heard of a leak or anything else, but this one has seemed to spread like wildfire.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2020
    SimsTea on Twitter. It isnt confirmed.

We are getting a custom French World by Nando at the end of the month.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    It was apparently a fake leak. Nando tried to prank SimsTea with a leak and later admitted it was fake.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Rumor spread by some angry guy named Nando the Paris pack is 100% fake not happening.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Why it has to be paris though
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Why it has to be paris though

Because that was what was rumored. A paris related content...
    But as Duvelina said already it is fake.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Fake leaks seem to be all the rage anymore, which is why unless a Sims Guru or official The Sims account posts or retweets something then it's likely bogus.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2020
    To sum it up:

Basically a Simmer, has personal problems with the Sims tea Twitter account and wanted to bait them in order to 'expose' them.

- The Sims Tea twitter account leaked the content in the pre eco lifestyle patch early (and 100% correct, so the community put a lot of trust in that account because of that) so he wanted to see if they were going to take his fake created pack renders and photoshopped Origin features page and post about it.

The pack he faked was a hobbies centered game pack with a French inspired world and it also mentioned cars.

The Sims Tea Twitter account took the bait and started posting, and thus said simmer felt really amazing to expose them and fool the community while saying it's not him being toxic at all.

As usual the tweets got deleted already and now he is making a Paris mod.

That's the whole story.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I was so looking forward to a french music channel. :neutral:
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    edited July 2020
    On looking up rumours for the next GP, I saw a link for what appeared to be an Egyptian Game Pack. Please tell me we're not having Sims 4 World Adventure.
    @Toz91 A CC creator made an Egyptian mod pack recently. That might have something to do with what you saw.
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    Where can I find mod packs?
    There's not one universal place, as far as I know since they're all by different creators on different platforms. I heard about this one on youtube, you can probably find it by googling it.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    To sum it up:

Basically a Simmer, has personal problems with the Sims tea Twitter account and wanted to bait them in order to 'expose' them.

- The Sims Tea twitter account leaked the content in the pre eco lifestyle patch early (and 100% correct, so the community put a lot of trust in that account because of that) so he wanted to see if they were going to take his fake created pack renders and photoshopped Origin features page and post about it.

The pack he faked was a hobbies centered game pack with a French inspired world and it also mentioned cars.

The Sims Tea Twitter account took the bait and started posting, and thus said simmer felt really amazing to expose them and fool the community while saying it's not him being toxic at all.

That's the whole story.

Wow, I hope no one downloads this mod, he sounds like a loser. People really need to get their priorities straight.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    To sum it up:

That's the whole story.

Sounds to me like a lesson should be learned about believing rumors that have no basis.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited July 2020
    Not going to lie. I am so happy that the romance in Paris pack is just a fake. It sounded dull as ever to me but I know others would enjoy the theme. I just know there are so many packs I'd enjoy before that. Perhaps more romance elements can be packed in future packs without a dedicated one.

HOWEVER, I love the whole hobbies aspect of this fake! That is the part I wanted to be true. A pack that brings back a deepened hobby enthusiasm system back and a handful of varying hobbies and skills for our sims to partake in would be grand!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    To sum it up:

That's the whole story.

It sounds like all this thing was made to get attention to his mod :(
    And in the other side, the sims tea twitter account revealed itself too.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited July 2020
    telmarina wrote: »
    To sum it up:

That's the whole story.

Yeah, I don't think either one came out of this looking very good.

Though I am sad we won't get the American Werewolf in Paris pack... :p
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    To sum it up:

That's the whole story.

Yeah, I don't think either one came out of this looking very good.

Though I am sad we won't get the American Werewolf in Paris pack... :p

I mean maybe one day it will come and someone in the studio will be inspired by it. Love story and romance features in a Paris world where Werewolves are smashing every romantic relationships that they see? I say bring it on Sims Team! :D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    To sum it up:

That's the whole story.

Wow, glad I didn't care. This is so typical these days.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    That's why we can't have nice things. Or early announcements.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Love Nando’s work, his worlds are beautiful. People need to learn to fact check instead of trying to be the first one to report something.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Love Nando’s work, his worlds are beautiful. People need to learn to fact check instead of trying to be the first one to report something.

This is funny, blame the ones who took the bait, and not the one who did the baiting. I think I might feel differently about it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BojowaSkwarkaBojowaSkwarka Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="Cinebar;c-17615264"][quote="AquaGamer1212;c-17609124"]Love Nando’s work, his worlds are beautiful. People need to learn to fact check instead of trying to be the first one to report something. [/quote]

This is funny, blame the ones who took the bait, and not the one who did the baiting. I think I might feel differently about it.[/quote]

I mean he doesn't seem like a good person but sims is just a game, nothing bad happened to anybody, there were no money involved or really anything important. It's a good lesson to learn and a good field for it especially since like I said nobody got hurt exept for the person who spread non confirmed information without fact checking. But I don't believe their career got ruined or anything like it, they propably also learned a good lesson.
    I don't understand the outrage.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

He just shouldnt have ever fake leaked something, (I didnt know about the leak until it was debunked) I hope he learns from this mistake because it damaged his reputation and probably the one of that account he tried to expose too.

Damaged his reputation how? People still love his work and look forward to new projects...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif