Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What defines "Major First" for you?

Comments

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I for one will kinda like superheros that has never been done.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Would open schools be a major first? I don’t think we have ever had open school for kids or teens. I am not that interested in it but some are.

It would be a first. None of the games have done open schools. If they did it well, it could be a game changer. It could also flesh out teens and children more. I'd be interested to see how they do it. Hopefully it's a much more fleshed out version of Get to Work Careers.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I think we should soften our expectations of "never been done before". They could feasibly do a Superheroes pack, and it would be brand new, but a few people might argue that we had "Superheroes/Villains" at the end of two careers in Sims 2, which, in my opinion, isn't the same at all because it was one game effect (flying off to work) and two costumes and that's it. It hardly constitutes as having had them before, it was all cosmetic. They weren't playable.

I'd love to see Superheroes. But I think it's going to be something else, maybe something to do with fairies (but a different mythological twist) or other pets (like a petting zoo) or maybe even an adventure park? It could be a romantic getaway in a new exotic location that brings hotels. Maybe it's an extensive dating simulator that also fleshes out Sim dating preferences and cultural weddings. Maybe it's that American HIgh School experience, since teens were already left off of that recent survey, it kind of points towards teen content coming up. Or something completely unforseen.

It's hard to say. I just hope it's something that brings needed gameplay to Sims 4.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I believe it’s an existing theme getting an overhaul through a new gameplay system. Something never done before in the entire series.

What I would define as a Major first is gameplay with a Major NPC. The most famous one being the Grim Reaper. There will be a system in place where the player can take on the role of the Reaper...

As I have mentioned in another thread, I have a strong feeling “Happy Haunts” has been developed alongside Knitting, because it had a huge popularity in votes and was incredibly close to being first choice. With the knitting stuff pack on the horizon, I believe a more occult GP will follow suit, in Autumn, where it should be.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I don't think is a location or hood. If it's a major first, then it's big like flying unicorns, Pegasus, and Angels.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Any would count as a major first to me
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    A major first ?

Villain lifestyle !

I hope it's real villains, not the kind that prank toilets and throw tissue paper. Maybe the burglar will return since he's a villain.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    I think it depends on theme really and to what extent they've done it

like for example lets say they did dragons
    have dragons been in game? yes, few times.
    have they ever actually focused pack on making awesome dragons? no.
    (i refuse to see dragon valley cause they were just fancy birds in a world pack)

would i consider focused dragon pack major first? well heck yeah.
    is it tho? probably not.

now we could do that about anything
    would fairies be major first?
    well technically there isn't fairies only pack so yeah but also they been in many packs so in that sense no

would zombies be major first?
    similarily there isn't zombies pack so yeah technically it would be first
    but strangerville lowkey feels like one and we've had them before so no

would horses be major first?
    we've had them in ts3
    but there hasn't been pack dedicated only to that either
    so i suppose they could call it ''major first'' if it exceeded whatever they done before

would romance pack be major first?
    we've had many romance packs so in that sense no
    but if the gameplay was completely different i suppose it would be first time we had that too?

would cars be major first?
    we had cars related pack before so in that sense no
    but if they instead focused on racing or something who could say its not first time they do that?

would bands and music be first?
    we had many packs about this before
    but also did they ever focus on just bands? so in that sense it would also qualify

as for asian travel pack?
    technically also major first cause it was just grouped with other travels before
    and they could include gameplay that was not there or something but?

in short: it could be about anything

my guess is though its none of the above and its just another random theme
    with 2 old gameplay items included so people will buy it

id be happy to be wrong though.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited July 2020
    Religion / Worship would be a major first for The Sims main branch.

It's a feature of SimCity 4 (2003) and SimCity (2013).
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Religion / Worship would be a major first for The Sims franchise.

Wasn't there religion options in The Sims Medieval?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Religion / Worship would be a major first for The Sims franchise.

Maybe, although I can't see actual religious gameplay being added to the Sims for various reasons...even if smaller objects like the Kinara candle or Muslim inspired clothing have been added as free updates. TS4 Expansions allow the player to set up clubs (GT) and holidays (Seasons) so the player can create their own religious play if they choose to do so.

The kind of worship featured in The Sims Medieval is a possibility though. There are 2 religions that worship "The Watcher." Jacoban and Peteran.
    They are loosely based on existing religions, but do not directly represent any.
  • Options
    Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    I have a feeling, going by the hints in the 6 month overview image that the new GP is simply a new school mechanics pack. Not for me.
  • Options
    Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    Sorry for the double post, but if they go for superhero school pack, then I could see that working.
  • Options
    flowersspringflowersspring Posts: 27 Member
    > @Toz91 said:
    > I have a feeling, going by the hints in the 6 month overview image that the new GP is simply a new school mechanics pack. Not for me.

what gave you the idea it's school related?
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Perhaps the military?
  • Options
    @doogerie wrote: »
    Perhaps the military?

Strangerville?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'm inclined to think that because teens were left out of the recent survey, there is some kind of content coming up for them. Whether that appears in the form of a patch or a Game Pack, I don't know. My guess is it will be the Game Pack.

Not gonna lie, I wish it was more Occult/Supernatural/Fantastical/Sci-Fi/Superhero stuff, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    flowersspringflowersspring Posts: 27 Member
    > @LiELF said:
    > I'm inclined to think that because teens were left out of the recent survey, there is some kind of content coming up for them. Whether that appears in the form of a patch or a Game Pack, I don't know. My guess is it will be the Game Pack.
    >
    > Not gonna lie, I wish it was more Occult/Supernatural/Fantastical/Sci-Fi/Superhero stuff, lol.

unless it's a go to school pack i don't see what else they could make a teen pack out of. but now that i'm thinking about it we had that survey recently where american high school was one of the options so i doubt that's the next gamepack because why would they put that in the survey if they were already developing it?
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited July 2020
    > @LiELF said:
    > I'm inclined to think that because teens were left out of the recent survey, there is some kind of content coming up for them. Whether that appears in the form of a patch or a Game Pack, I don't know. My guess is it will be the Game Pack.
    >
    > Not gonna lie, I wish it was more Occult/Supernatural/Fantastical/Sci-Fi/Superhero stuff, lol.

unless it's a go to school pack i don't see what else they could make a teen pack out of. but now that i'm thinking about it we had that survey recently where american high school was one of the options so i doubt that's the next gamepack because why would they put that in the survey if they were already developing it?

Yes, that survey was not too long ago, so I doubt it's high school-related... The pack could have something to do with teens - maybe a combination of teens and bands/music groups? In that case, the not done before aspect could be detailed musical gameplay. Maybe players are able to make their own simple tunes and let the Sims play these tunes (like in Animal crossing)?

Another possibility is a Small Pets pack, it was in a survey a long time ago, and there are a lot of animals on the roadmap render. But they've done small pets a couple of times already in the franchise.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    For me it means, something BIG and something they have never done in the Sims games before. Guess, we'll just have to wait and see.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    All those sound great it's a lot that can be a game changer in the game Sims 4 did a lot to change the game. Also a major game for me personally would be would be adding another life stage Pre-teens if not in Sims 4 then hopefully in Sims 5. Also opening the schools a little like teens take notes in class help out with they homework later when they get home.
  • Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    edited July 2020
    I guess i agree almost all the things you listed could count as a major first, but i would personally say a new gameplay system with a new theme is what i mostly assume when i hear these words, not taking something old and doing a few improvements, well unless they are some big changes, then maybe.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I was hoping a romance pack with a major change in the romance system. How about an official turn on and turn off? I have to download the "Mod that Shall not be named" Just for attraction system and it really irks me that I cannot turn off the other non attraction features of the mod