Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I miss The Life of Kevin.

It's been 1 year and 4 months since CaptainSauce released his last Sims 4 video, and since then he's uploaded nothing but lame-o mobile games and weird indie games, and honestly I have zero interest in those videos at all.

The creativity Cap showed when it came to his Sims 4 playthrough was on a level that few other Sims Youtubers can match, and it's something he hasn't really been able to unleash with the other games he's played.

I'm glad we still have CallMeKevin, because his videos are pretty similar (though he seems not to plan out his stories as much as he simply sits back and watches the chaos unfold).

Anyone else feel the same way?

Are there any other Sims Youtubers you used to watch, who've stopped uploading? Share them here!
wJbomAo.png

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I love The Life of Kevin. It made me laugh so much. I'd love it if CaptainSauce would get back to it, but I think he ran out of inspiration. It would give him a boost in views if he did start making TS4 videos again.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Life of Kevin is actually how I found CaptainSause. Oddly enough it was the tiny house video before tiny living was even a thing. I do miss those videos almost as much as I miss the GG outro he used to have. But the sims 4 had a lot of bugs because of all the cc and the outro was giving him neck problems so we don't have either anymore.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    I love The Life of Kevin. It made me laugh so much. I'd love it if CaptainSauce would get back to it, but I think he ran out of inspiration. It would give him a boost in views if he did start making TS4 videos again.

According to his twitter last month was the most views his channel's ever had, so tbh I don't think he really needs a boost from his Sims fans, so I really doubt he's in any hurry to get back to TS4.
    A shame, because I really don't like mobile games and VR games.

Also, Realm of Magic would've been perfect for his A Bad Witch series!
    Discover University could've seen the Reaper kids go off to college!
    Kevin becoming a global superstar!
    Tom Sauce seducing a mermaid!

There's so many packs he's missed out on that would work great with his characters, and we'll probably never see them. :(
    wJbomAo.png
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited July 2020
    I miss this series too. :/
    It was hilarious. I wish he'd continue it.

I find DrGluon's Sims videos very funny, too. Also the original Sims 4 let's play from SSundee was funny.

I remember watching GuudeBoulderfist's Sims 4 let's play and I enjoyed it a lot, too. He also started another let's play later but it wasn't as funny as the first one and he never finished it.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I really miss them too, Very entertaining. I do like CallMeKevin videos too. GrayStillPlays is also great (but maybe not for everyone ;) ). I love his customised intro greeting for every TS4 video XD
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    It's not really the same but I used to love Plumbellas videos but now she seems to have lost her enthusiasm and passion, her newer videos are all twitch streams edited which isn't really that interesting and she seems to be stressing over pushing out content rather than just having fun with it. Also I've found that a lot of other YouTubers I used to like only ever do build videos now which isn't as entertaining
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2020
    I miss them too, I loved how he edited them and how he made them very fun by putting in random things happening. You could tell he put a lot of effort into making them. They were just not simple let's plays, they were heavily edited videos where he made it look like he talked to the sims.

On the other side I completely understand why he stopped making them. They must have taken a long time to do, and from what I understand it is pretty difficult to get views for the sims4 unless your channel makes videos for that game regularly.

I like CallMeKevin's videos too, but lately I feel that his videos on the sims4 have not been that entertaining, I don't know...maybe I am just a bit tired of the same formula he uses.

I miss these types of videos though, it is very fun to watch people who play other games play the sims and create very fun stories where they often get very angry at the game or create absurd scenarios where they make the game seem way more adult than it is. Like when Robbaz added a zombie apocalypse mod and basically turned Bridgeport into a city from the Walking Dead, or when Alchestbreach (a guy who usually does Fallout videos) hosts birthday parties but his whole town is so old so everyone just dies of old age during the party. I can also recommend GrayStillPlays who also make very fun videos of the sims4 where he puts his sims in absurd scenarios.

I think a lot of people kinda stopped when they toned down on a lot of things in the sims4 though.

I hope that the sims5, if it will ever be released will encourage people to make Youtube videos. As much as I love the sims4, you can tell that people are kinda having trouble making their videos feel fresh and entertaining after 6 years.

• FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I used to sometimes watch Lifesimmer’s videos when i was bored and i kinda miss them. I hope she’s doing well.
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    There is a definitely a serious lack of game-play videos on Youtube. Most of the Youtubers I enjoyed watching, now stream live on twitch or play other games.
    There are plenty of build and CAS videos and Mod reviews. None of which interest me, unfortunately.
    I really miss the lets plays.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    me to but I see why he changed the mobile games don't take as much thought or work or time
    or even money most of those are free
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Never heard of him

Some YouTubers seem to be more focused on earning money via their videos than on releasing quality content. Some YouTubers are uploading nonsense or literally the same video multiple times. I see a lot of them changing their titles all the time too trying to gain an edge. It’s exhausting. For these reasons, I don’t often watch any anymore.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited July 2020
    logion wrote: »
    As much as I love the sims4, you can tell that people are kinda having trouble making their videos feel fresh and entertaining after 6 years.
    Yeah. It feels like most of the Sims YouTubers I follow do Build or CAS challenges now. It says a lot about the current state of the game when even their own shills don't want to play the main game.

Anyway, I love KPopp. She did a lot of crazy things, like Izzy Investigates (her sim investigates sims and she spins a story about a cult), a series following her model sim, and Hunger Games challenges. She was great. But IIRC her computer broke and her files were lost, so all those stories just didn't get completed. And she doesn't seem to finish the stories she does now, since they're kept as one-off things on streams.

She's been super busy IRL and doesn't use YouTube anymore. But I really wanted to see more of her sims stories.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2020
    I only really watch Urbansims videos on youTube. If I feel like watching something a bit less than normal sims related I will watch Grey still plays cause I find his videos and commentary amusing sometimes.

I tend to avoid the overly negative youTubers. I enjoy the game currently and I don't really want their negativity bringing me down.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2020
    Gordy wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    As much as I love the sims4, you can tell that people are kinda having trouble making their videos feel fresh and entertaining after 6 years.
    Yeah. It feels like most of the Sims YouTubers I follow do Build or CAS challenges now. It says a lot about the current state of the game when even their own shills don't want to play the main game.

I can't imagine how stressful it must be to make YouTube videos for a living with a life simulator game like the sims. You have to constantly come up with new things to create in order to record and edit your videos.

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I used to watch CaptainSauce a lot, and I did like his Life of Kevin videos. The only thing that bothered me about his videos was that he obviously used a lot of mods, but never explained how he used them, leaving most people to think that this was all a part of the Sims 4. It almost came off as disingenuous to me. At least CallmeKevin tells you what mods he'd using.
    I ended up unsubscribing from him because he started doing only VR all the time, which wasn't my cup of tea.
    MattShea also used to do some good sims videos back in the day, but all he really plays is BattleCats now.
    At least we have CallMeKevin and GreyStillPlays who still play the Sims. And of course, we have the regular Sims youtubers, like James Turner, Deligracy, Carmen King, Plumbella, etc.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    My favorite is EnglishSimmer :)

She has a few let’s play-series that I watched and I like the animal crossing let’s play too.

I’m having fun with the game so I am drawn to those who are having fun as well. Sometimes I watch Deligracy or James Turner as well.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2020
    I do too. But I have been enjoying his content still. They help me sleep at night. Octodad series was really good. When I started watching Sims videos, stampylonghead had really good ones too. He doesn't make Sims ones anymore, but yes that type of humor I love. Probably why I love DrGluon's content too.

Stampylonghead is a corgi owner too, so I am partial towards fellow corgi owners and his has a tail too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX57eYP1sfQ
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    It's not really the same but I used to love Plumbellas videos but now she seems to have lost her enthusiasm and passion, her newer videos are all twitch streams edited which isn't really that interesting and she seems to be stressing over pushing out content rather than just having fun with it. Also I've found that a lot of other YouTubers I used to like only ever do build videos now which isn't as entertaining

A little off topic but I'm with you on all the build videos lately. I wasn't really a fan of them to begin with but now it seems to be all anyone is doing right now.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member

She has a few let’s play-series that I watched and I like the animal crossing let’s play too.

I’m having fun with the game so I am drawn to those who are having fun as well. Sometimes I watch Deligracy or James Turner as well.

Oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸, EnglishSimmer has stopped uploading?
    wJbomAo.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited July 2020
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Oh 🌺🌺🌺🌺, EnglishSimmer has stopped uploading?

Not at all :smile:

Edit: I missed the “stopped uploading part in the OP”
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I like CallMeKevin but i dont watch his Sims 4 videos. Even those bore me!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.