Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will We Ever get Fairies or Werewolves?

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited June 2020
    I dont know if any werewolves are going to be added, but if they are I hope they're actually full fledged supernaturals like vampires and spell-casters, because being able to fully customize their powers and weaknesses just makes them seem more unpredictable, and opens a lot of unique possibilities, unlike aliens and mermaids, who all have a few powers that are identical to those of all others of their type.

Since there isn't a lot of variation (that I'm familiar with, which admittedly is mostly European folklore) in werewolf abilities (beyond how the curse spreads) in folklore, I personally think they're better suited for the Aliens and Mermaids model, while Faeries would be better suited for the full suite of perks and traits like Vampires and Spellcasters.

Of course, I want faeries to be far more in depth and varied than "sims with wings that can shrink and fly" too. Where werewolves will need depth is in their Beast-Man forms and body hair patterns.

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    As long as there's money in it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I don’t think we will get fairies since we technically already have it as a familiar. And if we were to get fairies I can’t imagine they would have much unique game play, I struggle to see how a fairies magical abilities would differ much from spell casters. I think they’re pretty much moving on from ‘magic’ themes at this point.

As for werewolves, if we do get them I wouldn’t want a whole game pack about them, just a smaller addition to an EP similar to mermaids, aliens and servos.

they already said that the familiars would not affect the odds of other types of those things being in game which is why I still have hope for dragons also and birds
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I would love to see fairies in a next EP. I would also like to see sth different like genies or angels.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Agree, they're taking so long with the supernaturals it's boring. It's already been 3 years since vampires came out and we've only had one other supernatural added and it looks like fairies aren't coming in 2020 either so that adds another year. I just want my sim to be a fairy and live in a fairy world (like the willow creek hidden world) is that too much to ask :s
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    Cassieb95 wrote: »
    I would love to see fairies in a next EP. I would also like to see sth different like genies or angels.

Bringing genies back would be cool. I was disappointed that they weren't included in Jungle Adventure. I want a genie to grant my sims' wishes and to move in when they're set free.
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited June 2020
    Anything involving these occults will be a first day buy from me! I want/need these supes desperately!

I hope the devs do them both justice this time though as I think previous Sims titles didn't really do this (looking at you Sims 3 werewolves). I'd love a fairytale/medieval pack including both or werewolves getting their own dedicated pack. I'm not sure how they could squeeze in fairies if they did do that though...

I am so excited by the idea of playing a werewolf! I dabbled briefly in TS3 but they left a lot to be desired... just think of the customisation options in 4 though :smiley:
    Onverser wrote: »
    Agree, they're taking so long with the supernaturals it's boring. It's already been 3 years since vampires came out and we've only had one other supernatural added and it looks like fairies aren't coming in 2020 either so that adds another year. I just want my sim to be a fairy and live in a fairy world (like the willow creek hidden world) is that too much to ask :s

I think we'll get fairies this year they've never done a fairies only pack before and they said that the GP he was going to be something they never did and the fairies pack would fit
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Anything involving these occults will be a first day buy from me! I want/need these supes desperately!

I hope the devs do them both justice this time though as I think previous Sims titles didn't really do this (looking at you Sims 3 werewolves). I'd love a fairytale/medieval pack including both or werewolves getting their own dedicated pack. I'm not sure how they could squeeze in fairies if they did do that though...

I am so excited by the idea of playing a werewolf! I dabbled briefly in TS3 but they left a lot to be desired... just think of the customisation options in 4 though :smiley:

Yeah I think the customization options for werewolves would be awesome
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    What if we got Faeries from non-European Folklore? So rather than sprites and pixies, we get Yumboes - which are from West Africa, or Nunnehi from Cherokee Folklore, or other Fae-like beings from somewhere different, rather than conventional European Faeries (and Victorian England's sanitized version of Faeries at that.)

Of course, this is part of why I think Faeries definitely need a full suite of Perks and traits. So that whatever they come up with can handle both, but I think if we can get just one, it would be interesting to go with something... new.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited June 2020
    I love both faeries and werewolves, though I am hoping for werewolves first. My vampires need their rival. :C
    SimsBro wrote: »
    While I prefer Werewolves I think Fairies have a far higher chance of actually being implemented, mostly because of how much easier they are to implement. When you look at it, they are often depicted in popular culture as "basically" winged humans with pointy ears that can reduce size and have some magic like powers.

Werewolves if done properly (so not just a TS3 tier wolfman from the 40s) would take a lot more work to develop, especially if they went with customizable beastial werewolf forms (not just slightly bigger actual wolves akin to Bitten/Twilight for plum's sake). Ideally they'd have a human form, full werewolf form and hybrid form (which could pass as a wolfman I suppose).

I mean the Sims team tends to copy a lot of things that modders do (spellcasters don't really seem too different from the sorcerer/etc. magic mods out there, seems a lot of focus was just on the Magic Realm itself and not the magic) and someone already made a furry mod for Sims 4 so they could copy some of that and make it more spooky and fitting for a werewolf.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    What if we got Faeries from non-European Folklore? So rather than sprites and pixies, we get Yumboes - which are from West Africa, or Nunnehi from Cherokee Folklore, or other Fae-like beings from somewhere different, rather than conventional European Faeries (and Victorian England's sanitized version of Faeries at that.)

Of course, this is part of why I think Faeries definitely need a full suite of Perks and traits. So that whatever they come up with can handle both, but I think if we can get just one, it would be interesting to go with something... new.

Those aren't fae, they're completely different spiritual beings. I'm not against us getting them, it would be fun, but I would want us to get fae inspired by Celtic mythology first.

Also, developers need to be careful when using mythology from spiritual traditions that are closed off to outsiders. Not everyone appreciates their culture being turned into games. Native Americans especially are very picky about what is shared and who it's shared with (and with how abused they were they have every right to be).
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    I remember before Realm of Magic came out, when all we had was the title, someone speculating about a “magic realm” that could exist as an overlay to all worlds.

Like you know the sim-specific overlays and interactions? Like you can only see the monster under the bed if you’re clicked on a kid, or some of the play sets have animations that play around them based on the game being played, but you can only see them when you’re active sim is one of the kids playing? Or in Sims 3, where only the one sim could see their imaginary friend, and no one else could? Or Sims 2, where only the one sim could see the social bunny?

You could get a whole lot of fairy gameplay out of making all kinds of creatures and events and npcs and interactions only fairies can see. Only fairies can see other fairies at fairy size. Only fairies can see each other’s wings when they’re big. Only fairies can see the gremlins and gnomes moving around and breaking or fixing your stuff.

Fairies can gift “fairy sight” to other sims, either temporarily or permanently. Other sims can make fairy ointment for their eyes, or spellcasters can unlock a potion for it.

Fairies can be capricious, taking ironic revenge on people who ask for wishes.

Honestly I think werewolves are more a classic, and more simple to approach, and so more likely. But I can think of way more gameplay that I would personally be enticed by from fairies.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Very insightful. Maybe they can do something like "Spellcasters", in which you a create any type of fae-like being you want. It would be pretty cool to see some gameplay inspired by other traditions, as well as the classic European ones.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Have been doing a lot of thinking and have decided that instead of werewolves let it be shifters
    Have your choice of wolf, raptor, bear wild cat etc
    Would love fae also and other paranormals supernaturals and able to have them in CAS like the ones we already have but to be fair to those that don't want paranormal supernaturals in their game it should be a way to turn them off so those that do and those that don't are both happy
    Have been doing a lot of thinking and have decided that instead of werewolves let it be shifters
    Have your choice of wolf, raptor, bear wild cat etc
    Would love fae also and other paranormals supernaturals and able to have them in CAS like the ones we already have but to be fair to those that don't want paranormal supernaturals in their game it should be a way to turn them off so those that do and those that don't are both happy

OOOooh, the shifters sound cool! And it would go with Sims 4's trend of letting us choose from different archetypes.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't care for them, although I admit fairies were beautiful in the Sims3. If they made them that beautiful and :smile:

1. Added horns and clothes like Malificent <3
    2. Made nice fairies homes/ castle, mushroom homes, flower type shell house to decorate instead of like a container home. Tree houses to live in
    3. More flowers and mushrooms to harvest
    4. Maybe a new job perfume maker from flowers and harvestables- could even have perfumes that trigger emotions like very flirty, rage, ECT
    5. Crystal ball, pictures with moving people, real cuckoo clock
    6. Lovely fairies clothes, flower jewelry, shoes
    7. Maybe, a tree that looks like a flower taller than a house, like a tall tree, but a flower instead. The hood could be full of tall flowers or the hood could be full of flowers and mushrooms
    8. Pink & China blue tea sets. Chamomile

I didn't want witches, but the hood made it worth it and there were other nice things too. If they make fairies, then they should make it worth it to people who don't play that way.

Werewolves-

Can't think of any reason why I would want them or buy the pack. No matter what kind of powers they have. Maybe mud planks houses. Graveyard lots all around. Caretaker job. Rounded, square, double tombstones. Fancy and old. Fancy, poor, ECT urns.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    I can't imagine The Sims 4 without werewolves, they were always in my stories in the previous games.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I'm hoping for the fall of this year for Werewolves or Fairies.
    However, the theme this year has been a sort of realism.
    So, probably in 2021 we'll get our Fairies & Werewolves.
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    Just a quick question: I love the idea of playing as a werewolf, but someone on another thread was suggesting there's nothing to do as werewolves. I guess hunting as a pack counts, but many people say they have to be interesting for them to be introduced. How can werewolves be interesting enough for EAxis to consider using them?
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Toz91 wrote: »
    Just a quick question: I love the idea of playing as a werewolf, but someone on another thread was suggesting there's nothing to do as werewolves. I guess hunting as a pack counts, but many people say they have to be interesting for them to be introduced. How can werewolves be interesting enough for EAxis to consider using them?

Ideally speaking, we'd want advanced pack dynamics, hunting mechanics, full-on wolf form, a special hideout lot for each pack, Perk/Quirk system with a ton of options, occult based story progression, integration with the emotion/moodlet system, integration with all the other occult packs, Lunar cycles with Supermoons and blood moons, and a world the size of Glimmerbrooks and realm of magic combined

(you can read the thread in my signature for more info)

But EAxis doesn't have that much budget for a GP.
    So it's best to have them lay the framework with enough content for console players and let modders add in the rest.

I personally want:
    -Body hair and a ton of bugfixes as pre-gp update
    -Lunar cycle
    -Perks/Quirks system that is versatile, the same way Vampires' is
    -A lycan form that doesn't look uncanny
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I don't care for them, although I admit fairies were beautiful in the Sims3. If they made them that beautiful and :smile:

1. Added horns and clothes like Malificent <3
    2. Made nice fairies homes/ castle, mushroom homes, flower type shell house to decorate instead of like a container home. Tree houses to live in
    3. More flowers and mushrooms to harvest
    4. Maybe a new job perfume maker from flowers and harvestables- could even have perfumes that trigger emotions like very flirty, rage, ECT
    5. Crystal ball, pictures with moving people, real cuckoo clock
    6. Lovely fairies clothes, flower jewelry, shoes
    7. Maybe, a tree that looks like a flower taller than a house, like a tall tree, but a flower instead. The hood could be full of tall flowers or the hood could be full of flowers and mushrooms
    8. Pink & China blue tea sets. Chamomile

I didn't want witches, but the hood made it worth it and there were other nice things too. If they make fairies, then they should make it worth it to people who don't play that way.

Werewolves-

Can't think of any reason why I would want them or buy the pack. No matter what kind of powers they have. Maybe mud planks houses. Graveyard lots all around. Caretaker job. Rounded, square, double tombstones. Fancy and old. Fancy, poor, ECT urns.

Yes please!

I mean I want the werewolves but I want fairies too.

Having a beautiful flower-shell working as an apartment that we can live in would be great!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I really want the Wolfman-type doggie werewolves! :hides head in shame:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I still love Sims 3 Supernatural with the Werewolves & Fairies.
  • WanderinHoneyVeeWanderinHoneyVee Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Loanet said:
    > I think the more lifestates we get, the better, and Werewolves and fairies are two great ones. People who don't want werewolves just because they like Vampires better... well, I can hardly express my contempt for them. Not on a children's site anyway.
    >
    > I can quite easily see Werewolves getting their own Game Pack - possibly you'd get a lunar cycle with the pack. I can see them turning into wolves - perhaps if you have Pets you can fully customise the canine they turn into?

I would LOVE a werewolf specific game pack like what they did with witches and vampires. I would love to see them have their own spotlight. Have their own "book" sorta like the alchemy book and the vampire powers that has their own powers and upgrades. I would like to see more than what they did for TS3 though. Give them more wolf characteristics like ears and tails and more than just belly rubs and scratching the furniture. They can have their own woodsy world and homes that resemble dens or something. Hopefully they come out with one!!
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    > @Loanet said:
    > I think the more lifestates we get, the better, and Werewolves and fairies are two great ones. People who don't want werewolves just because they like Vampires better... well, I can hardly express my contempt for them. Not on a children's site anyway.
    >
    > I can quite easily see Werewolves getting their own Game Pack - possibly you'd get a lunar cycle with the pack. I can see them turning into wolves - perhaps if you have Pets you can fully customise the canine they turn into?

I would LOVE a werewolf specific game pack like what they did with witches and vampires. I would love to see them have their own spotlight. Have their own "book" sorta like the alchemy book and the vampire powers that has their own powers and upgrades. I would like to see more than what they did for TS3 though. Give them more wolf characteristics like ears and tails and more than just belly rubs and scratching the furniture. They can have their own woodsy world and homes that resemble dens or something. Hopefully they come out with one!!

Same!