Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your current household/family?

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited July 2020
    Latest family tree. There are babies on the fifth row now :) There's been a lot of birthdays and one new child added to the fourth row.
    50077512143_6b2c14cfa6_o.jpg
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited July 2020
    Here are some long overdue pictures of my 1940s household.
    First up the boys: Stanley is the teenager, Frank(the youngest) is across from him and on the ground is Larry.
    50081361112_03ec9731b2_c.jpg
    Last is Dorinda herself, the awesome matriarch keeping this whole household afloat with her medical career.
    50080535568_bf5082565d_c.jpg

@KNORear Thanks for sharing pics of your family :) Three sons must be a handful for Dorinda ;)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited July 2020
    They just started dating, and she moved in with him, bringing over $60,000 with her! Meet Garrett Chapman and (made-over townie) Sonya Burnham!
    Here are both their pre/post-makeover pics!

Garrett:
    50082132367_da851fd451_o.jpg
    50081306123_769e6a4e01_o.jpg

Sonya:
    50081886706_179853a24d_o.jpg
    50082131957_bef38480e0_o.jpg

Edit to add:
    I kept their pre-makeover eye-shapes and Their skin swatches. Sonya's skin is now slightly lighter than before the makeover.
    Post edited by HillyBeth on
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    @HillyBeth They look like they were zero slider sims. It's hard to be sure with the CC you use. Having said that, this is not the genetics thread so that is irrelevant :D Hope you're having fun with them :)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Lol. Thanks @Mikezumi
    Happy simming! Can't wait to see what your sims are up to today. Oh, both currently have the Surrounded By Family aspiration just so they both got the Get Married wish, which they did.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited July 2020
    More kids in the fifth generation! :)
    Edit to add: I just realized that one of the kids appears twice and that's because a couple of second cousins got together. Thankfully the game doesn't recognize that as kin.
    50086524931_790fe4e9de_o.jpg
    My first fourth generation spare just aged up to YA.
    50088658398_ccca86e9e5_o.jpg

His girlfriend, Nancy, will be joining the active household when I next load my save so I get set them up for their new life.
    50089234601_952a1691a1_o.jpg
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    Great pictures of everyone's families! I've got to get a picture of the family tree sometime but here is the founding Sim and her husband. The family was started on December 1, 2019 and was played until about the end of the month. I made it to about day 91 and my computer stopped handling the save. I eventually did a partial restart at day 49 and have played them since. I'll share generation 2 thru 4 sometime tomorrow as it is getting late here.

qzgcEbJ.jpg
    d84c9xJ.jpg?1
    This is the founder of my family save and her name is Emily Jones. She is a Sim that comes in the CAS bin but I edited her skin color, changed her hair and clothes, as well as her traits. She was made a witch and moved into the Shotgun Style home in Sunset Valley. On her first day, she turned an apple into Tiberium and made a nice amount.

Td4jYCu.jpg
    hUP09To.jpg?1
    Emily met and fell in love with Christopher Steel and I built him up to be at the top of the culinary career. He ended up taking her last name when I wanted her to take Steel but I decided to keep things as they were. They ended up having two children and got to see at least some of their grandchildren before they passed.
    edited July 2020
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for sharing pics of your founding sims :) I always enjoy seeing Christopher in other simmer's games :) Emily was a sweet looking elder :) Looking forward to seeing their descendants :)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited July 2020
    I have decided to develop the McIrish side of the family (for my teen pregnancy freeplay)
    McIrishSideoftheFamilyTree.png
    Then, Beloved River gets a message saying that "second cousin" EUGENIA...sent dear little Aaron McIrish (Chikamori (when Haruo and River get married)) an Imaginary Friend.
    OrlaMcIrishSideoftheFamily.png
    Orla is grandmother to Eugenia and brother to Alroy.

They may actually become a part of the extended family in my actual Supernatural Immortal Legacy - on top of which would be making Moira's and Cearbhall's family. -

Now to develop the three preceding generations of Chikamoris who are not supernatural in the least...at least until Haruo decides that he's going to do something with moonstones. ~whistle~

HOLY HELL...what did I get myself into?! :cold_sweat:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited July 2020
    Vo830AI.jpg?1
    Generation Two's heir was Eric Jones. He inherited his looks from both parents and was also a witch like his mother. He reached the top of the business career and also bought Doo Peas out. I think he was also the one who bought the diner, bookstore, and grocery store.

QGvgRPq.jpg
    Jessica (Jones) Bunch was the youngest child of Emily and Christopher's and she moved out soon after reaching young adult. She married into the Bunch family, I believe one of Jack and Judy's daughters was the guy's mother but can't remember.

4YZQ4lP.jpg?1
    Fawn (Ursine) Jones was Eric's wife. She was in the music career on the composer side and reached the top around her elder birthday. Her parents were Claire Ursine and Jared Frio as she is the unborn child at the beginning of a new SV save. She did get a bit of editing as a few things needed tweaked but she turned out well.

IwHIiUb.jpg
    Tommy Bunch was Jessica's husband and was also a descendant of Jack and Judy's. I don't know what his career was but he had three children with his wife and just passed away last night when I played.

DOxVOvQ.jpg?1
    L53knPR.jpg
    Christian Jones is a clone of Christopher Steel but I gave him two different traits on his age ups so he is not a complete clone in that regard. I didn't have a head shot photo of him so I put a picture of him as an adult shaking hands with his niece's future husband. He lived with the played household for a while before moving out and dating several women.

***Generation Three will be shared a bit later tonight, have to visit a few other threads and get caught up on them then will be back as long as the severe weather headed this way stays below limits.
    @Brandontaylor The second generation looks great! You did a good job with Fawn's edit :) The daughter of Claire and Jared married into my extended family in my current save. I also tweaked her but she didn't look bad to start with.
    Jessica is pretty :)
    Looking forward to seeing your next generation :) Keep safe!
    @Mikezumi You're welcome, I like seeing everyone's families as well as sharing mine. Christopher's always a favorite of mine to add into the family, seems I use him or Hank Goddard. As for Emily, she was one of my favorite Sims I've had, right there with Ava Sinclair, Brittany Goddard, and Lauren Steel. Emily's the only one though who does not share genetics with the other three females. So far Eric Jones was my favorite male Sim created.
    Thanks, that generation was one of my favorites so far, although all of them have been great.
    Didn't do like a ton with her but there was something I did to her but can't remember at the moment.
    She really is, I actually almost chose her as heir but at that time I was sticking to the eldest child. Now I'm selecting randomly and through other means. I'll mention that in generation four.
    Thanks, so far nothing has been issued but I usually get off my computer if lightning is bad or strong winds/tornadoes.

@Nikkei_Simmer . I think it's cool you are making River's side of the family, it will be interesting to see your interpretation.
  • featherlullabyfeatherlullaby Posts: 7 New Member
    I don't think I can post photos because I'm too new a member. Ah well.

I've been aiming to recreate in TS3 this story I've been writing, with my characters and their houses and all that, since I can't transfer my mind's eye to a sketchbook very well. So I threw in an unpopulated copy of Bridgeport and went to town. But it turns out world building is pretty hard to manage, and I've gotten lazy and have only been focusing on the main family of the bunch. πŸ˜…

Said family consists of a workaholic single mom and her teen twin daughters. Both twins are quite troubled (they were an unwanted pregnancy, so their mom ignores them), with one a rebellious hothead and the other very kind but gloomy. So, yeah, things are pretty dramatic so far. On the bright side, the hothead appears to be channeling her emotions into a guitar she stole from Oasis Landing's community center, and the gloom is doing the same with a rat she took in named Squeaky.

Oh, yeah, they travelled to the future a couple days ago. Stayed for a good change of seasons, in fact. The gloomy one built a Plumdroid and brought it back home with them. (She's on the Exchange, actually, if anyone wants to see a picture. Her name is Lilavati.)

What I find funny is that all this happened while the mom was on a free vacation that her work keeps spamming her with. Imagine leaving your kids alone for a few days and then returning to find a robot girl powered down in the middle of your living room.
    @featherlullaby I have never tried world building but I am even too lazy to decorate a house :D I am more about the sims than their surroundings and it sounds like you have put a lot of thought into the personalities and stories of your sims.
    Be aware that the free vacation can cause game problems (I can't remember off the top of my head what they are but there have been many threads about it). I have never tried it myself.
    Looking forward to seeing your family when you are able to post pics :)
    @Mikezumi Thanks! :)

And yeah, I think I know what you mean about the free vacations. Sims getting stuck there and breaking the game, or something like that. Not to sound too daring, but I'm not really worried. I have backups and, TBH, the mom isn't a Sim I particularly care about (sorry, homegirl). In fact, I use the vacations to get her out of my hair. πŸ˜† (I know I could just delete her, but I feel a bit weird leaving the twins completely without a parent. I'll figure something out.)

I hear it has something to do with the Sim aging while on vacation, and I turn aging off, so it's either that or luck that's helped me avoid it thus far. Thanks for the reply, though!
    @featherlullaby Teens are perfectly able to care for themselves. I have played saves with only teens and, although they had to work hard to keep up their grades and pay the bills, they still had time for a fun life before they finally aged up :)
    Do you use mods? Deleting sims can be problematic because they leave residual data so using mods is the best way to do it.
    @Mikezumi Yup I know they can take care of themselves! Believe me, I take advantage of that all the time lol.

One of them does have a part-time job (and I could hack her into a full-time one), and their Plumbot is pretty good at keeping house. Hmm. Maybe.

I do have mods, I use NRaas to death and have used its Total Annihilation feature to delete Sims. Hope that's all good and fine.
    Mikezumi wrote: Β»
    @featherlullaby Total Annihilation is my best friend :D:D and causes no problems at all :)

@Mikezumi - With Total Annihilation your townies are all terrified. :mrgreen: Have you managed to get it to the point where zero-slider townies don't generate?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @Nikkei_Simmer My game still generates zero slider service sims but they don't worry me. It's not like they can breed and I TA them if I find them in my sims' queues while they are out and about. It just occurred to me that I have seen service sims (Social Workers and something else) who were generated using my library sims and I was pleasantly surprised although not so happy that I would allow them to breed >:)
    I find that a lot of my sims being generated are now Library sims or using a combination of features from sims in my Library. There have been a few attractive ones...that I later tweak into sims that I can actually use.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited July 2020
    Unfortunately the service sims you see most - cab drivers, bus drivers, burglars and the cops that come to apprehend them (plus several more I can't think of and probably don't deal with) - will always be zero slider. I think in the beginning of a save the burglars and cops are premade homeless sims but once they age up or move on they will always be replaced by zero sliders.

Edit to add: I suspect our ideas of attractive enough to use might vary quite a lot ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top