Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Gameplay Idea

TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
I’m always playing with autonomy off but I thought what would it be like if I started a family of 2 parents and 2 toddlers. Move them into a house using freerealestate cheat and have the family funds set to 100,000. Cheat the parents skills for cooking, handiness etc. and give them jobs. Set autonomy to full except for selected sim and only play one family member. My choice is of course one of the toddlers. You can hire a Butler and Nanny to help but your main sim is the toddler until they get married and have kids then choose your next sim from the offspring!

What are ways you keep yourself interested in the Sims 4?
Post edited by TeeSea on

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I've thought about doing something similar but in first person camera mode. I haven't done it yet, but I guess you could say it's only my to-do list.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2020
    I've done something similar in the past with the toddler, but in my sim's case, I would create a toddler in CAS and save them to my library, because of the whole needing an adult issue. After that, I will take my toddler and play him or her as an orphan. There was this one time I did that and took two children, this was before toddlers were added to the game. I picked out some random elder in the game to be their caretaker. At the time I was thinking that she should live long enough to at least raise the kids to teens before kicking the bucket. Little did I know at the time that the elder ended up outliving the kids because she was one of those sims that had aging turned off.

Other orphan toddlers, I have bounced around from one home to another in the game. Sort of one of those stories where the child can't find an adopted family who wants to keep them, eventually living on their own when they turn as a teen. Another thing I like to do is where a teen and their younger sibling, a toddler, are left as kids without parents, and it is up the to teen to become a parent to their younger sibling.

Once I even decided to go back in time with my married couples, a back story that I would play on how the two actually met. This one couple I aged them back to children. I was a bit shocked that they actually kept their relationship status and romance bar, even though they couldn't do anything about it, not that I wanted to. But the cool part happened when the younger of the two did finally age up to a teen, and it ended up being one of those, "I've always loved you from the beginning".
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    This sounds like fun. Would it be possible to play a toddler without any caretaker at all? And have them survive by harvesting and rummaging through dumpsters? I’ve never tried having them do those interactions.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Wow I really like this idea. I beat myself up about not really being able to play toddlers and kids long .. but mostly I think it's because I have less fun when playing with a big household. It's stressful to me since I have to hop back and forth and live on pause. I like to focus on one sim ... but feel guilty that the other sims are not getting skilled or getting ahead.. or even getting their needs met in a timely fashion. I've played challenges like this though that were fun but with adult sims. I think because the rule was that you couldn't play the other sims... so yeah. I'm gonna try this out. Thank you!

To the question of what keeps me interested though it really is changing up my gameplay some, playing different families, and different saves with different themes, and having a goal or story. For some reason I'm also really interested in how the gameplay has evolved or changed from the release so when I run into a change it fascinates me to see the ins and outs of it. Also just stopping to smell the roses... I try to play on different lots, take in the sounds from any different world or area my sim is residing in or visiting and things like that. It leads to a real appreciation of the game in general for me so instead of focusing on a negative I'm usually left with a great experience on closing the game for the day.

egTcBMc.png
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Does that gameplay even work? Can all the toddler's needs be met without controlling the adults? Interesting though!!
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I like this idea. I usually only focus on one sim. Now that we have roommates I make my sims spouse a roommate so I don’t have to control them.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I did the toddler thing once. It was difficult but fun.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    The only thing that might be tricky is feeding, if only because, in my experience, if you don't tell the adult to serve dinner/make a large meal, they usually only cook for themselves. And I don't use the high chairs, so having the toddler ask for food would fail because that's required for that interaction to work.

I'm actually doing something similar in my Rags to Newcrest save right now, since the previous generation completed her task and I really have nothing else planned for their story, really. I'm not quite exclusive to the toddler, but she's the one I focus on the most in terms of doing things.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I did the toddler thing once. It was difficult but fun.

You as the toddler are at the mercy of finding your parents when you need something and if you’re on the first floor and they are on 3rd you’d better start climbing!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2020
    Your idea sounds very similar to a challenge I love and have played numerous times called Just One Sim. Here's a link to the rules if you'd like to check it out. I found it on the Challenges board here on the forum a few years ago.

Just One Sim - A Sims 4 Challenge

It's not an easy challenge, but very doable and extremely satisfying when you've managed to get your toddler to the young adult stage and basically have won! \o/ :)

EDIT:

There are some tips I could give y'all if you'd like that make the challenge a tiny bit easier, especially when in the toddler stage. Let me know, I don't want to just post them if you'd like to try it first yourself and figure out what to do. These are just things I've learned along the way from playing it a few times. ;)