Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to pick the roommate you want?

I want my sim's best friend to be her roommate, but I don't want add her to my family. I just want her as a roommate so I don't have to control her. Is this possible?
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    You should be able to. As long as you have a room for her and you have university, then you can send out a roommate request online and there's an option when you click on the friends Sim that says "roommate" I believe and you can ask them to be a roommate. They might decline, but I've only done it a couple times.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    If there's a second bed in the lot you should be able to just click on them and ask to be roommate. Only issue is they reject most of the time unless you have a mod installed for it
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I use a mod to do this.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    @Chazzzy Can I ask what mod? :)
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Chazzzy Can I ask what mod? :)

It’s by LittleMsSam. I believe it’s called “Choose Your Roommate”. You can find it on her Tumblr.
  • FallsmyerFallsmyer Posts: 22 Member
    You can also do it easily without a mod. Just make sure you go to manage world and move them out on their own (preferably not into another house). Then when you ask them to be your roommate they will accept.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Fallsmyer wrote: »
    You can also do it easily without a mod. Just make sure you go to manage world and move them out on their own (preferably not into another house). Then when you ask them to be your roommate they will accept.

Yeah exactly. Just make sure the sim you want as a roommate don't live anywhere and they will say yes.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I wouldn't bother with this as roommates seem to be programmed to do some strange things like play violins or bake white cakes. They are more of a pain than anything.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Yeah I don't use a mod. The Sim has to be homeless (currently not in a world) first and then ask to be a roommate works if you have an extra bed. Yeah, what Fallsmyer said above.
  • FrubblesFrubbles Posts: 11 New Member
    You can ask to be roommate if they are not living anywhere else