The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Camera Sensitivity Issues

The camera is really getting their feelings hurt easily! In cas, build mode, and live mode the camera moves at the speed of sound, which is obviously an issue. Same thing with the mouse speed! I tried making a sim but couldnt because the mouse sensitivity was way up. How can i fix this? (I deleted videocamerastates.ini, somewhere it said it would work; still didnt help)
fnf is a very pog game
814240012736397312.png

Comments

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Are you having this trouble anywhere else outside of the Sims? If you are then the issue is definitely in your mouse settings and not the Sims settings. Did you get a new mouse? That might throw your mouse settings off too.
  • FurryModSpinelFurryModSpinel Posts: 481 Member
    Nope. I played roblox + star stable online (both other games) and the mouse is fine. And i've had my mouse for a long time so its probably some other issue than with my mouse.
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Hmmm...next possible suspects: Bad CC/mods? Try Repairing your game, if that doesn't help have a look at this Problem Thread over here, there are some good suggestions and possible solutions for you. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Mouse-sensitivity/td-p/8064720
    edited July 2020
    I removed ALL of my mods and nothing happened. Cc too. Im kind of glad, because oh god how long it would take to go through everything!
    Edit: Have begin repairing my game
    Edit 2: Repair finished. No results. Cant think of anything else that could cause this
    edit 3: Removed reshade, read somewhere it would fix it. Ive sacrificed my bloom effect for a working game :'(
    edit 4: It worked! :p
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I removed ALL of my mods and nothing happened. Cc too. Im kind of glad, because oh god how long it would take to go through everything!
    Edit 2: Repair finished. No results. Cant think of anything else that could cause this
    edit 3: Removed reshade, read somewhere it would fix it. Ive sacrificed my bloom effect for a working game :'(

No need to sacrifice your ReShade. If you go into Origin just click on the tab at drop down box at the top that says

>Origin>Application Settings>Origin-in-game

Then disable origin in game toggle. This worked and you can still use Reshade without feeling like your mouse was freaking out. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
    I would try that, but I'm too lazy to re-install reshade at this point. At least you'll help others with my issue!
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

LadyKyn wrote: »

No need to sacrifice your ReShade. If you go into Origin just click on the tab at drop down box at the top that says

>Origin>Application Settings>Origin-in-game

Then disable origin in game toggle. This worked and you can still use Reshade without feeling like your mouse was freaking out. :)

Just got back into the sims recently and decided to reinstall ReShade. Followed your little trick (Had to clear origin cache AND get out of the 'restricted access mode' or whatever. it was a REAL rollercoaster..) and it worked great! thanks so much :)
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Funnily enough, I've had camera issues, where the camera gradually zooms in/out and I need to keep readjusting.