Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims hygiene tanking living off the grid!

I'm playing right now and I have a Sim living off the grid and her hygiene constantly tanks. She goes to sleep and literally within seconds her hygiene plummets to where she wakes up filthy. The only option she has is to take a quick tepid shower which barely fills the need so I have queue it up multiple times. Once she's in the green I send her to bed and it plummets again. What's going on?! Its super annoying and I can't even play.

I even use UI Cheats to max it out and it still drops rapidly.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Interesting. Have they changed some ratings on the beds in EL? Does she lose hygiene if she naps or sleeps on a couch or bench?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited July 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Interesting. Have they changed some ratings on the beds in EL? Does she lose hygiene if she naps or sleeps on a couch or bench?

She loses hygiene no matter what she does. I just sent her to work at 9am and by 3pm it was totally empty. Over the course of her sleeping I cheated the need up 3 times. I found recyclables in her inventory from dumpster diving and removed them thinking that was the problem but it didn't solve anything. I haven't changed anything with her bed.
  • loulouloulou Posts: 71 Member
    Have you been collecting water? You get more shower options after you've collected water and those fill the hygiene need up better.
    loulou wrote: »
    Have you been collecting water? You get more shower options after you've collected water and those fill the hygiene need up better.

Not yet she's very low on funds haha I'm not concerned so much with filling the bar, the problem is it drops to zero sometimes in a matter of a couple minutes of playing.
  • loulouloulou Posts: 71 Member

Not yet she's very low on funds haha I'm not concerned so much with filling the bar, the problem is it drops to zero sometimes in a matter of a couple minutes of playing.

It doesn't cost anything, it's an option at any fishing spot and some other places in the world like the water pumps where you find frogs in Oasis Springs. Just use the interaction and then when she gets home she will have more options on her bathroom appliances and can also put ice in the fridge so she can store leftovers in there.

It doesn't cost anything, it's an option at any fishing spot and some other places in the world like the water pumps where you find frogs in Oasis Springs. Just use the interaction and then when she gets home she will have more options on her bathroom appliances and can also put ice in the fridge so she can store leftovers in there.

Oh right I forgot you can collect water from fishing spots! I was saving up for the rain catcher haha I've been having her add ice to her fridge as well! Thanks!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Hey curious are you living in evergreen harbor and is the air still polluted? Because sims hygiene goes down from the pollution.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Not having that issue, and I am currently playing off the grid with my decades family. Not sure about the shower thing though, as they are only allowed a bathtub in the decade I am playing.
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Hey curious are you living in evergreen harbor and is the air still polluted? Because sims hygiene goes down from the pollution.

I am and it is still polluted. But is it normal for a Sims' hygiene to plummet 10 times or so a day? As I mentioned, my Sim will go to bed with full hygiene and at about 3am it's already fully red and she wakes up because she can no longer sleep. It's more of an annoyance at this point for me.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I have recently started playing my first Sim off-the-grid in Sulani and am not having this issue at all. I have her collect water every chance she gets so she takes regular showers and hygiene decay is like I am used to from regular residential lots. So unless you have a bug I don't have it is most likely related to your Sim's residence being in a polluted environment.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • HappyssummerHappyssummer Posts: 37 Member
    I have a sim off the grid and I make sure they have lots of water gathered I am doing the decade challenge and I think ive made it a harder game for myself lol
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited July 2020
    It's your pollution causing the issue. Change the eco footprint to normal or green and the hygiene will stop tanking. It's a feature of the industrial. You will also have more fires and acid rain and more lightning strikes during a thunder storm. You should also notice your appliances, plumbing and counters getting dirtier faster too.
    Origin ID: Peapod79