Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    I'm going to chat a bit. :smiley:

My DD adventure is pretty much over. I own almost all that came along as DD. Not all but far more than I intended. I'm glad I did that. To be honest, I didn't feel like having another DD round and waiting 3 more months (at most) for something I would like so I planned/scheduled and saved so I could get it. I did get this feeling of a rush every time I purchased a good deal (oh, so many good deals). Even the anticipation, when the moment to purchase came closer, I liked. I think this whole DD (stalking) system does release some chemicals in the brain or something: the reward system is highly activated. And yet, I'm fine with my DD adventure being over. No more getting up in the middle of the night. I had some points left so I gifted those away. With DD I felt this urge: I MUST have this, I WANT this. Those feelings have calmed down so I'm more relaxed about it. I do still have some items on my wishlist though, they are just not part of DD. Does anyone know how much % you need to have in order to have the set for free? Nothing of this set is part of DD. I'm sure the answer is on the first page somewhere, I just can't find it.

I can finally start with cleaning up my game. After my DD adventure, it was always my plan to uninstall my game, reinstall everything and start using SimGameSelect (I always installed a selection of what I had, now I can just install all and pick and play) and using Ciane's method to reinstall my store content. Next to this I also want to fix that whole missing stencil thing (I downloaded several items for this) and install the festival lots of some new worlds I own.

I'm so dreading this. :# Not removing and reinstalling my TS3 packs, I did that so often so piece of cake, and not even making backups, I'm a stickler for backups so my backups are more or less up to date, but the whole reinstalling the store content. So I keep postponing it. And I really want to do all those things before I start a fresh new game. I also have some NRaas mods ready for action. When TS3 still was being updated I pretty soon stopped used CC/Mods because I didn't like the hassle of updating everything every single time there was a new patch. But now, since TS3 is not being updated anymore, I'm fine with using some. And NRaas improves my gameplay experience very much. :+1:

Anyway, over here it's time to start making dinner. But this afternoon, I baked myself some chocolate pancakes so now I'm not hungry. I will probably eat a sandwich or something in a couple of hours.

Oh, something else that is really cool. My niece, the 2 year old girl, she can finally say my name! I'm sure she was just repeating her mother (because she and my brother use my name all the time to her) and that she doesn't have the awareness yet that I go with that name. But I don't care. She said my name, we even have it on tape, and it's awesome! <3
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    aww great about your niece as for the % off you need to get things for free on the dd sets theres a Calculator here https://elianahere.jwhostings.net/contact.html im not sure how accurate it is but it will give you an estimate @simlibby
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    edited June 2020
    Thanks @seaben :smiley:. I used to use that calculator all the time during my DD adventure. Only I don't think it can be used for NON daily deal items since I have to enter the full price and daily deal price (there is no DD price) in order to give a normal CYS price.

EDIT:
    Oh, my experience is that that calculator is pretty accurate. At most is was 5 (maybe 10) SimPoints off. So sometimes an items was a bit (a tiiiiiiny bit) more expensive and sometimes it was a bit (also a tiny bit) cheaper than calculated.
    good to know @simlibby
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,062 Member
    Current Deal

644 ) Uber Sani-Sim Toilet / 136 / 467 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 476,but less than # 921, # 923, # 851)

Upcoming Deals

645 ) Morocco Mystique / 195 / 405 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: Morocco Mystique + Cante Captivating
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 600, but less than # 613, # 335)

646 ) Storybook Bathroom Set / 111 / 228 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 135, # 225 but same as # 81)

647 ) Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo / 588 / 798 / 26% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Includes: Glitter and Glam Bedroom; Diva and Divo
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 72, # 8)

648 ) Getaway Dining Chair / 26 / 68 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep); Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep)
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

649 ) Vineyard Vittles Shelf / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining; July 2011 Compilation

650 ) Palace of Versailles / 833 / 1342 / 38% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 213, but less than # 350, # 417)

651 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom- Walk the Path Rug / 30 / 45 / 33% / 2 hours
    Part of: Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection; May 2012 Compilation Set

652 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Pre-Steam Aquarium Tank / 71 / 102 / 30% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

653 ) Bellies of the Cow Plant Beast Arcade Machine / 50 / 198 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Killer Classics

654 ) Tubular Television / 55 / 99 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Fantasy; May 2011 Compilation; Blast From the Past Compilation

655 ) Blooming Flower Arch / 45 / 61 / 26% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Teens Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010

656 ) Potted Cherry Blossom / 10 / 25 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Asian Fusion; Best of 2010 Collection

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited July 2020
    SimLibby wrote: »

My DD adventure is pretty much over. I own almost all that came along as DD. Not all but far more than I intended. I'm glad I did that. ... Does anyone know how much % you need to have in order to have the set for free? Nothing of this set is part of DD. ... I'm sure the answer is on the first page somewhere, I just can't find it.

I'm so dreading this. ... the whole reinstalling the store content. So I keep postponing it.

Oh, something else that is really cool. My niece, the 2 year old girl, she can finally say my name! ... She said my name, we even have it on tape, and it's awesome! <3

@SimLibby

I am so glad that you joined the thread and shared your DD adventure with us. I also appreciate the assistance you have provided to other DD stalkers who posted questions.

I just did a quick search of page 1 and I don't think the answer to your question is on page 1 of the thread. I will definitely take a closer look and update that if necessary.

It has been 6 years since I completed my store collection so I am relying on old posts to answer your question. But from memory the power of the CYS was when it was combined with the DD price or the sale price for sets on the Sales page, or if the set was a combination or compilation set. If the set does not fit this criteria, then the CYS discount is not that great. Here is a more detailed explanation LadyBugLeslie posted in 2015 in the thread "Is there a way to calculate what the 'complete your set' discount will be?"
    If a set is not on the sale page and will never be on the DD page, then the only way to get a green download on the set is to pick up items from the set that equal the price of the set. For example, the Back 2 Skool set is not on the DD list. It's set price is 693 sp. But if you add up all of the items individually the set is worth 801sp. If you picked up 693 sp worth of items you'd get the rest for free. It's not a very exciting deal, because the set doesn't go on the DD, but I hope that helps you see how the math works.

I would like to add to this explanation. The example set chosen, Back 2 Skool, is included in the August 2011 Compilation. Neither the set or compilation is offered on the DD. However, Luxe Lounge Spa and Luxury Resort Attire are offered on the DD. Therefore, the power of the CYS could work here if the compilation CYS is reduced by the two sets on the DD. I would suggest the set "Fanciful Fashion & Hairstyles" which is not on the DD and not included in a compilation is a better example.

Despite my comment regarding the example, the most important is LadybugLeslie's answer, "If a set is not on the sale page and will never be on the DD page, then the only way to get a green download on the set is to pick up items from the set that equal the price of the set."

Edit to add: In my experience, the CYS was not always predictable and could offer the green download button before the expected value calculated by the formula. My advice is to check the product page after each item you purchase to see if the green download button is activated.

Reinstalling store content following Ciane's method is worth it. Once you get started, you will likely get into a rhythm and the process will move faster. I followed her method but I did not follow what sets she installed. (i.e. - I followed the order of categories to install and the limit of file size.) One of Ciane's goals was to reduce the number of installations. She would install compilations so she did not need to install the sets that were included in the compilation. I installed the individual sets and not the compilations. When I play, I like to use the feature that shows store collections in the in-game catalogue. I prefer to see each set individually as opposed to be grouped in the compilations.

I agree with you that your niece saying your name is awesome. I love when toddlers would say my name. My heart would fill with joy.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited July 2020
    Hi @Me1620,

Thank you very much for your elaborate response. <3 And you're welcome as well. :smiley:

Me1620 wrote: »
    Despite my comment regarding the example, the most important is LadybugLeslie's answer, "If a set is not on the sale page and will never be on the DD page, then the only way to get a green download on the set is to pick up items from the set that equal the price of the set."
    After your response I did some "math". The items I have are worth 784 SP so according to the formula I still must purchase items for 789 SP. But the value of the items I do not own is 854 SP so there is not much to gain there (just 65 SP). However I'm at 56% and therefore my current CYS price is 385 SP. Well, no rush. I have what I wanted from the DD. All the extra is bonus and because it's not DD less pressure to purchase it at an certain time.

Reinstalling store content following Ciane's method is worth it. Once you get started, you will likely get into a rhythm and the process will move faster. I followed her method but I did not follow what sets she installed. (i.e. - I followed the order of categories to install and the limit of file size.)
    That makes sense (how/what you installed). Some of my files sizes exceed the limit so much. I can't wait to experience what's going to happen when the limit is not exceeded. I appreciate the pep talk and will certainly keep that in mind when finally doing it myself.

One of Ciane's goals was to reduce the number of installations. She would install compilations so she did not need to install the sets that were included in the compilation.
    When I would (re)install my store content, I more or less did the same to avoid doubles (and when installing a compilation I just purchased, I would uninstall the sets in that compilation). I would choose compilations over sets because that equals less items to install. But depending on what I wrote below, I may reconsider.

When I play, I like to use the feature that shows store collections in the in-game catalogue. I prefer to see each set individually as opposed to be grouped in the compilations.
    I do too, especially when I can't find something (there are just so much items filed under the decorations). When I use the catalog, I often also want to select items that way to place on my lot. However, sometimes that function doesn't seem to work (so I had to go back to my decorations anyway, search for it and place if from there). I would select an item from the store catalog and it wouldn't place on my lot*. I never understood why until now (I just chucked it up as yet another persistent bug). But I need to check it. Maybe you know. Could it* be because that particular set is not installed, but the compilation it belongs to is?

I agree with you that your niece saying your name is awesome. I love when toddlers would say my name. My heart would fill with joy.
    A while back she also said her own name for the first time. It was so cute. Everything she does triggers joy. Talking does not come natural yet for her so most things she said are a combination between actual words and gibberish. It's adoring. <3
    Current Deal

656 ) Potted Cherry Blossom / 10 / 25 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Asian Fusion; Best of 2010 Collection

Upcoming Deals

657 ) Audrey Hepfire Vintage / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Jet Set Elders

658 ) The Cow Plant Milkshake Maker Spring Ride / 114 / 162 / 30% / 2 hours
    Part of: Killer Classics
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 121)

659 ) Al Fresco Street Market / 931 / 1710 / 46% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 887, # 294, but less than # 142)

660 ) Check This Home Hokey Table / 22 / 75 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: It’s Game Time!; Man Cave Compilation

661 ) No Nonsense Desk / 26 / 121 / 79% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft; Eloquently Eclectic Collection

662 ) Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire / 336 / 1160 / 71% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Includes: Romanza Ceremony + Reception; Romanza Ceremony + Attire

663 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Toasty Fine Flame Finish Stove / 26 / 90 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 663, # 414)

664 ) Beach Bummin' / 616 / 762 / 19% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 362)

665 ) The Great Chair / 46 / 81 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: Japanese Inspired Living Compilation; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set

This is a 3-hour deal
    666 ) Decorative Curtains / 24 / 75 / 68% / 3 hours
    Part of: Indulgent Living; Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear; The Monarch Suite

NOTE: Set is on stuck "Sales" page for 582 sp. Sales price may override DD price. The value of CYS for this deal to be free may not be as shown in the DD spreadsheets.
    667 ) Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles / 420 / 757 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon a Time Cottage; Make a Wish Compilation

668 ) Capacitor Cabinet Island / 17 / 34 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: Futureshock Kitchen; February 2011 Compilation

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • Greylady624Greylady624 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Hi, everyone! I'm back to lurking in this thread. Life got in the way for a while and I forgot about my Sims, both the games and the deals. When I logged in and saw 400+ new posts in this thread, I realized it's been a while. It honestly didn't seem like months, more like weeks, but time flies I guess. Given the overall state of this year, that could be good or bad.

I hope everyone is well. I've got some back reading to do here.

Thanks again for posting the deals and spreadsheets. :smile:
    Current Deal

NOTE: Set is on stuck "Sales" page for 582 sp. Sales price may override DD price. The value of CYS for this deal to be free may not be as shown in the DD spreadsheets.
    667 ) Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles / 420 / 757 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon a Time Cottage; Make a Wish Compilation

Upcoming Deals

668 ) Capacitor Cabinet Island / 17 / 34 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: Futureshock Kitchen; February 2011 Compilation

669 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection / 516 / 1125 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation
    Includes: Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 509, # 407, # 273)

670 ) Mistress Mysterium / 48 / 68 / 29% / 2 hours
    Part of: Diva and Divo; Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo

671 ) Flower Child / 39 / 99 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Boho Vintage Women's Collection; September 2011 Compilation

672 ) More Magic! / 1012 / 1782 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2012 Compilation; parts of More Magic! are included in Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings
    Includes: The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 748, # 133, but less than # 143)

673 ) Kitchen Cage Hutch / 9 / 33 / 73% / 2 hours
    Part of: Frontier Finds Kitchen and Dining; April 2011 Compilation; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection
    Repeat Deal: This deal is offered twice at the same sale price (Same as # 673)

674 ) Grandpa's Grove / 741 / 1710 / 57% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 640, # 495)

675 ) Taintless Window by BahHaus / 48 / 100 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: BahHaus
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 226)

676 ) Old Town: Starter Kit / 225 / 365 / 38% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation, but some items are part of Quaint Cottage Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 60, # 633, but less than # 496)

677 ) Relaxed Sweater / 29 / 75 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 268, # 380, # 458)

678 ) Shades of Heart / 40 / 68 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Girls' Bedroom Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge Compilation;

679 ) Hewnsman Outdoor Set / 270 / 495 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Hewnsman Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 463, # 309, # 780)

Current Deal

679 ) Hewnsman Outdoor Set / 270 / 495 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Hewnsman Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 463, # 309, # 780)

Upcoming Deals

680 ) Alvar Eero Compilation Trash Compactor / 55 / 90 / 39% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation

681 ) Stacked Planters / 19 / 49 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft

682 ) Formal Glad Rags / 30 / 40 / 25% / 2 hours
    Part of: Jazz Age Wear (The); Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation

683 ) Tiki Outdoor Party / 544 / 1277 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2011 Compilation; Island Escape Compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 620, but less than # 155, # 487)

684 ) Full Interior Castle Set / 147 / 427 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 737, # 536, # 378)

685 ) Indulgent Living / 350 / 990 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 724, # 702, but less than # 261)

686 ) Home Economics Table / 38 / 75 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit; I Heart the '50s

687 ) Johan Door Plus / 25 / 64 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Regal Living Dining Room Set; Regal Living Bedroom Set; Full Regal Living Set

688 ) Loads of Laundry / 708 / 1080 / 34% / 2 hours
    Includes: Ultra Lounge Laundry; I Heart the 50’s Laundry; Bayside Laundry
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 447, # 399, # 834, # 744)

689 ) A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set / 340 / 1250 / 73% / 2 hours
    Part of: When Worlds Collide Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 576, # 424, # 551)

690 ) Serenity Retreat / 513 / 1539 / 67% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation, but included in Sunlit Tides Gold
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 244, # 643, # 100)

691 ) Simply Ultra Sink / 40 / 68 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 575)

Current Deal

691 ) Simply Ultra Sink / 40 / 68 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 575)

Upcoming Deals

692 ) Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining / 322 / 630 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: July 2011 Compilation Set; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection (one item)
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 89, # 370, but less than # 742)

693 ) Brassworks Chandelier / 7 / 13 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: Bayside Kitchen Set; Full Bayside Set

694 ) The Boardwalk / 969 / 1900 / 49% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 890)

695 ) The Jazz Age Wear / 728 / 1029 / 29% / 2 hours
    Part of: Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 750, # 550)

696 ) Petals / 29 / 38 / 24% / 2 hours
    Part of: Faire Folk Attire; Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire; Make A Wish Compilation

697 ) Jet Set / 371 / 675 / 45% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 522)

698 ) Everyday Kids Collection / 348 / 972 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: November 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 62)

699 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Quaint Cooker Stove / 53 / 56 / 5% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 379)

700 ) Very Beary Towel Holder / 10 / 25 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

701 ) EmpireLine Microwave / 37 / 38 / 3% / 2 hours
    Part of: Bayside Kitchen Set; Full Bayside Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 391)

702 ) Indulgent Living / 340 / 990 / 66% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 724, but less than # 685, # 261)

This is a 3-hour deal
    703 ) Woven Wicker Trunk / 9 / 25 / 64% / 3 hours
    Part of: Island Villa; Island Escape Compilation; Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    @Greylady624 - Glad you came back. For me, time crawled in March but flies by now.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Hi guys,

I have a question about Sim Game Selector. Maybe somebody around here knows the answer.

My last installed pack is Island Paradise, therefore I start my game with the application (TS3EP10) from that pack. Let's say I use the Selector to disable that pack, so it gets hided from the Launcher and is not loaded when I start the game. Does that also mean I cannot start my game with TS3EP10, after all this pack is in hiding from the Launcher. It's my understanding I can also start the game through the Selector. But what if I don't want that. Do I still launch the game through TS3EP10 or the last pack before that, that I have installed and is not in hiding from the Launcher.

Also, I can still use the latest version 3.0 right? Version 2.2 supports IP an 3.0 supports movie stuff and into the future. I don't have those packs but 3.0 is the most recent version and I'll assume IP support is also included in version 3.0.
    edited July 2020
    I use the latest version then run my game through the launcher and it stays on the same patch but with out the packs I didn't want to use @simlibby my game is on University life EP
    Thanks @seaben. :smiley:
    Current Deal

This is a 3-hour deal
    703 ) Woven Wicker Trunk / 9 / 25 / 64% / 3 hours
    Part of: Island Villa; Island Escape Compilation; Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty

Upcoming Deals

704 ) Haute Hip Wall Tree Light / 12 / 28 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hip

705 ) Modern Interpretation Outfit / 39 / 61 / 36% / 2 hours
    Part of: Japanese Inspired Clothing Collection; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; World Inspiration Compilation

Tip: If you plan on purchasing Seeing Stars which is deal 708, do not purchase this item. The set is not eligible for the CYS discount, so you won’t get credit for buying this item.
    706 ) Show Stopping Style- Liar Liar Pants / 22 / 54 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: Show Stopping Styles Collection; Seeing Stars

707 ) Ultra Lounge Sink / 33 / 68 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Bath; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

Tip: This set is not eligible for CYS discount. Purchasing this deal is the best way to get Seeing Stars as opposed to buying individual items. Excellent sales price too!
    708 ) Seeing Stars / 571 / 2100 / 73% / 2 hours
    Includes: Show Stopping Styles Collection
    Repeat Deal: This deal is offered twice at the same sale price (Same as # 885)
    Note: Deals 708 and 885 are both green deals for Seeing Stars. (Deal 885 is the same price as deal 708). This set is not available for the Complete Your Set discount. Deals 708 and 885 cost 571 sp or 73% off. This price is 324 sp less than buying Show Stopping Styles Collection at its best price on the DD, 555 sp, and The Hypnotizer, which is not on the DD, at 340 sp.

709 ) Haute Hip Window Collection V.1 / 45 / 81 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hip

710 ) Troubadour Table / 16 / 41 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Interior Castle Set; Best of 2010 Collection

711 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Dispose With Diginity Trashcan / 30 / 50 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

712 ) Drifter's Desire / 567 / 714 / 21% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fortune's Folly Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 33, same as # 232 but less than # 577, # 897)

713 ) Ki-Mini Kimono Outfit / 23 / 81 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Japanese Inspired Clothing Collection; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; World Inspiration Compilation

714 ) Man Cave Compilation / 750 / 3000 / 75% / 2 hours
    Includes: It's Game Time; Level Up Collection; Championship Dreams
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 386 but less than # 339, # 336)

715 ) The Now & Then Century Manor / 1045 / 1900 / 45% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 390, # 404)

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Hi guys,

I have a question about Sim Game Selector. Maybe somebody around here knows the answer.

My last installed pack is Island Paradise, therefore I start my game with the application (TS3EP10) from that pack. Let's say I use the Selector to disable that pack, so it gets hided from the Launcher and is not loaded when I start the game. Does that also mean I cannot start my game with TS3EP10, after all this pack is in hiding from the Launcher. It's my understanding I can also start the game through the Selector. But what if I don't want that. Do I still launch the game through TS3EP10 or the last pack before that, that I have installed and is not in hiding from the Launcher.

@SimLibby Yes that's what it means. TSEP10 will be hidden as if it were not installed. This may differ if you're on 1.69, but I'm on 1.67 and when I hit my TS3W.exe to start the game (which I do because I have all discs and don't want to go through the launcher), the game boots with the latest pack. I also have the mod we're not allowed to mention so I don't have to scramble around trying to find and put in a different disc every time I disable packs. :wink:
    Hi @ZeeGee.

Thanks!
    I'm on 1.67 as well and want to avoid the Launcher as much as possible. :#
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    when I hit my TS3W.exe to start the game (which I do because I have all discs and don't want to go through the launcher), the game boots with the latest pack.
    This is a good idea. When I'm going to use the Selector I'm going to do the same. I usually take the specific application from the most recent pack that is also installed, in my case TSEP10.exe from IP which of course is not practical when using the Selector where you switch packs on and off.
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    I also have the mod we're not allowed to mention so I don't have to scramble around trying to find and put in a different disc every time I disable packs. :wink:
    No idea to what you are referring. Even the wink didn't give it away for me. :p If it's NOT to much trouble, and if you're allowed (I'm well over 21 should that be of any concern), could you please send me the name and link? https://www.simsexpressie.nl/contact.html
    What is this mod @zeegee I struggle to switch game disks when I change packs and really want to know
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @seaben I’ll DM you.
  • Sallyp2020Sallyp2020 Posts: 21 Member
    Sunlit Tides is coming soon, right? I really wanted to get the Serenity Retreat venue and sadly had to work and missed the deal :(
    Hi @Sallyp2020,

Number 714 (Man Cave Compilation) just started.
    In a little less than 3 months you get another chance to buy Serenity Retreat because the list rotates.
    The current Daily Deal list, which was introduced on September 23, 2014 at 12:07 a.m. UTC, includes 977 deals. After the 977th deal ends, the deals begin at Deal 1 again. A full rotation of the list takes 82 days. (See this post for background information about the Daily Deal list.)

The numbers you want are 972 and 690 (I'm just going to quote myself a bit):
    Sunlit Tides (standard edition) is on sale once:
    • 972 ) Sunlit Tides / 1127 / 2450 / 54% / 2 hrs

If you buy Serenity Retreat as Daily Deal (DD) as well, you basically get the gold edition much cheaper:
    • 100 ) Serenity Retreat / 1026 / 1539 / 33% / 2 hrs
    • 244 ) Serenity Retreat / 589 / 1539 / 62% / 2 hrs
    • 643 ) Serenity Retreat / 741 / 1539 / 52% / 2 hrs
    • 690 ) Serenity Retreat / 513 / 1539 / 67% / 2 hrs

See also this post from angeljess26 regarding getting Sunlit Tides Gold much cheaper. The cheapest you can get it for is 1640 simpoints. In this post by Me1620 you will find personalized Time Zone Specific DD Trackers Spreadsheets so you know which date you can expect which item on the DD.
    If you look at the first page of this topic, you can unhide all the spoilers to see the DD's. Use [CTRL] + [F] to search quickly for the items you're looking for (just make sure you unhide all spoilers first before you start a search).

I have Sunlit Tides. It is a beautiful world and it plays really nice. So have fun with it when you (eventually) buy it. :smiley:
    Current Deal

715 ) The Now & Then Century Manor / 1045 / 1900 / 45% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 390, # 404)

Upcoming Deals

716 ) Loitering Luggage / 15 / 15 / 0% / 2 hours
    Part of: Regal Living Bedroom Set; Full Regal Living Set

717 ) Le Cirque Esprit / 479 / 1797 / 73% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Celebration!
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 131, # 324, # 57, # 624, # 538)

718 ) Plant Pocket / 12 / 26 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set

719 ) Electo-Dance Top / 28 / 75 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: Runway Riot
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 68)

Here is the official trailer so you can preview the venue. This is one of the first venues released by the store, so it does not contain any premium items.
    720 ) Olympian Physique / 510 / 1000 / 49% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 187, but less than # 331, # 559, # 924, # 770) (Deals 331, 559 and 924 are same price)

721 ) Industrial Chic Window / 34 / 91 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft

722 ) Strictly Business Womens Suit / 45 / 75 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fifth Avenue Fashions

723 ) Mid-Century Fantasy / 800 / 1296 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: Blast From the Past Compilation; May 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 169, # 27, but less than # 37)

724 ) Indulgent Living / 310 / 990 / 69% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 702, # 685, # 261)

725 ) Alvar Vintage Famous Food Processor / 25 / 47 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels; Finest Living, Finest Cooking;
    December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation

726 ) Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire / 954 / 1467 / 35% / 2 hours
    Part of: Make a Wish Compilation
    Includes: Faire Folk Attire; Faire Folk Den; Faire Folk Slumber; Faire Folk Furnishings (Slumber + Den)

727 ) Pump Me / 8 / 25 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fanciful Fashion & Hairstyles

Current Deal

727 ) Pump Me / 8 / 25 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fanciful Fashion & Hairstyles

Upcoming Deals

728 ) Fantasy World Tree / 11 / 27 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: Faire Folk Den; Faire Folk Furnishings (Slumber + Den); Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire; Make a Wish Compilation

729 ) Impermanent Dinner Table / 30 / 89 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation

730 ) Animal Friends Wall Shelf V.4 / 8 / 25 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Forest Bedroom; Critter Comforts & Forest Bedrooms; Kids! 2010

731 ) Gothic Glamour Home Office- Hyelophobia Horror Desk / 31 / 81 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Gothic Glamour- Home Office Set; Gothic Glamour- Living Room and Home Office Collection; Oh My Goth! Compilation; May 2012 Compilation Set; Technophobe No More

732 ) Steampunk Savvy / 380 / 561 / 32% / 2 hours
    Part of: Oh My Goth! Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 194, # 472, # 118)

733 ) Tropical Leaves of Repose / 6 / 25 / 76% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Living Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 234)

734 ) Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (aka The Cow Plant) / 300 / 706 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Killer Classics; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 334, but less than # 130)

735 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Cantina Canister / 16 / 50 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set

736 ) Never Mind the Milk Crates, Here’s the Telly / 46 / 55 / 16% / 2 hours
    Part of: Loud, Fast, Clash! - Bedroom; Loud, Fast, Clash! – Bedroom + Attire

737 ) Full Interior Castle Set / 179 / 427 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 684, but less than # 536, # 378)

NOTE: Set is on stuck "Sales" page for 463 sp. Sales price may override DD price. The value of CYS for this deal to be free may not be as shown in the DD spreadsheets.
    738 ) Loud, Fast, Clash! - Bedroom / 387 / 579 / 33% / 2 hours
    Part of: Loud, Fast, Clash! – Bedroom + Attire

739 ) Ultra Lounge Ceiling Lights / 6 / 28 / 79% / 2 hours

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top