Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What item(s) is banned from your sims home?

Comments

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited July 2020
    haneul wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    I am loving reading the banned objects. I remember SimGuruLyndsay said according to stats future cube and voodoo doll were the least used objects.

Interesting. I've had the game since launch and never once used the voodoo doll. It just seems kind of weird and creepy.
    I only use the voodoo doll for the recipe in the cupcake machine. And yes, I do use that monstrous thing. I like all the extra baking recipes. They last a long time out of the fridge. I also like the cupcakes because when they are done eating one, there’s no plate to wash. That’s a perk of ice cream cones, too!
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Nothing is banned. There are items I rarely ever use, like the gaming mat thingy, but I haven't banned anything.
    I let my Sims have things, but if they get too obsessed I take them away. It doesn't mean that it's forever. Some items I keep in the inventory and occasionally let my Sims have them back for a while.
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    I have 2: lumps of clay, and those message/curfew boards. My Sims become obsessed with them.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Well I had to take the treadmill away because my active sim was using it 24/7.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    The Yoda doll is something that will never be placed in my Lots. I hate whenever they add Star Wars related thing to The sims. It should be DLC, so I could choose not to download it.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited July 2020
    Right now bookcases! My sims have lost their minds with them. In one sim hour my sims dragged out every book in the bookcase and strung them all through the house. I thought it was a fluke so I had one of the children clean up all the books and it happened again almost immediately. So I switched households to see what would happen and every household with a bookcase that I visited had the same thing happen! Until the insane book frenzy is finished, my sims shall only be allowed to visit the bookcase with special permission from the locked door room (The one where the computer resides for a similar "Every-sim-wants-it-all-the-time" reason.)

**Also, I've banned one of my sim households family members from coming over. I gave him a key to the residence and now he comes over and makes white cakes all night long. At one point I had 23 white cakes...
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Sinks because I got tired of my sims wandering to every bathroom to do dishes.

Bare shelves because if not cluttered that’s where my sims will place dirty dishes or books if I’m not watching what they’re up to and then I have to figure out why there’s a hate filth moodlet or where a book has gone.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Wrenry wrote: »
    Sinks because I got tired of my sims wandering to every bathroom to do dishes.

Bare shelves because if not cluttered that’s where my sims will place dirty dishes or books if I’m not watching what they’re up to and then I have to figure out why there’s a hate filth moodlet or where a book has gone.

Speaking of dirty dishes placed on shelves, there's this fireplace that has a slot on the very top, near the ceiling. I saw my sim place the plate, I thought on the mantle piece, but I could not see it there and it took me a while to find it. :lol:
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Coffee tables. They’re so attracted to them, they’ll walk across the entire house just to put something down while there was a perfectly good surface available in the room they were originally in.

Even more annoying is when a toddler (who is walking slowly) decide to place a plate they ate from on a coffee table in the living room, downstairs. So I'll have to sit there and wait for the kid to get all the way downstairs to put the plate down (since there is no action for me to cancel) and then head all the way upstairs again to do whatever I wanted them to do in the first place.

And even if there isn't any stairs it can still take a couple of sim hours, wasted on nothing. Since when does toddlers care about placing plates on coffee tables IRL and not the floor or the closest surface at least? Make no sense
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    The microscope.
    The telescope.
    Clay.
    High chair. (Did you know toddlers can get a plate from any table or counter now? Helps a lot!)

Wish I could figure out how to stop them from constantly getting water or a drink from the fridge.

Dancing to stereos is starting to annoy me. Computers are usually limited to the one person who needs it for work or school, but can still be a pain.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I'm this close to deleting my stereos. Every. Single. Da×n. Day. They gather around and dance to the music like some sort of cult.
  • TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    Wait some of you are saying you ban cakes? HOW DO YOU BAN CAKES? I'm so sick of them making cakes.
    Simming for twenty years...
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    I've banned grills from my home lots... stupid sims would go out there in all weathers to grill burgers/hot dogs on them and then you can guarantee that a vegetarian sim will come along, eat the food and then start complaining that they're uncomfortable.

I have also banned coffee makers because the sims would rather make coffee than go to bed when they're tired and popcorn/ice-cream makers because they're obsessed with them.
  • LittleOldPotatoLittleOldPotato Posts: 24 Member
    Uumm... In a household I don't play on much (I made a family so the eldest son in my main household can have a girlfriend with a whole family and everything so it's more realistic) I gave them the motion gaming rig because they had heaps of money left over (I motherloded for the house...) and I suppose they are quite addicted to it, might ban in the future! For a while I had the no high chair rule but then it just became more convenient to have one for the toddler because the food was always going off because it was sitting out all the time. I might re-ban them if they become a nuisance. I only have baths for toddlers, stereos are only there when I really really want a certain gender of a child or we need one for a gold party. Other than that they are horrible and always playing. I think that's all I won't let them have.
  • HappyssummerHappyssummer Posts: 37 Member
    I am playing the decade challenge on one save so all electric are band so hard but some at the same time 😄
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Coffee machines. What little energy is gained from a cup is nullified by the absurd amount of time it takes to consume. No tea for my sims either because I can't remember which flavour does what to their mood, and even when I do, there is no option to make only one cup, which means the others are going to spoil.

The laundry tub and clothesline. I thought they were a good alternative for sims who are either too poor or too eco-friendly for a proper washing machine and dryer, but doing laundry this way takes forever, the clothers aren't even clean afterwards, and the clothesline can't be placed inside, not even with MOO, so if you have Seasons installed and your sims live in a world that gets rain, forget about ever having clean, dry clothes again.

I'm also thinking about banning massage tables and chairs. I can never have two sims chat for too long with those around, because one of them will inevitably bring up massages at some point, causing them to drop everything and do that.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I just banned the basketball hoop. Why are my sims dropping what they’re doing to make a half-court shot? And they run out to do it like I’ve never seen them run before.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Right now all electronic devices. But my save is will slowly allow for the electric light. I restarted a decades save and started it in the year 1800, right now I made it to 1870.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    coffee maker

(I have mods for ice cream and popcorn, those would be too otherwise)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    only high chairs for now.
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited July 2020
    Coffee tables. WHY do they insist on walking past perfectly usable kitchen counters and the dining table to walk halfway across the house to the living room to put the group meal down there? Why are coffee tables even an option if they can't fix the AI? The only time they are allowed a coffee table is when I also put one in the kitchen because at least they'll use that one first. It's SO STUPID.

Add shelves to that. Just take off the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 option for them to place things on shelves too. Oh and half walls.

Almost everything else that drives me crazy I have either modded, (don't wash dishes where you angry poop), or used MCCC to turn the autonomy for it off.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    These highchairs are driving me nuts. Right now I have one for a realistic gameplay and it makes me yell curses. The child plays with his toys, I don't have problems with the doll houses since I reduce their size, one parent should give him a bath or potty training. What does the parents do? Put the child from the floor into the highchair and then asked if it want to have bath or potty training. Why, do they do this, why? Not to mention the starving child while the parents put them in and out, over and over again, just they don't feed it. I will be so happy when the toddlers grow up and I can sell it.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Ever since I installed the SOL mod, my Sims have been cheating and woohooing with random strangers in the dang Get Together walk-in closets!
    Day in and day out, Sims are hooking up inside! And they produce offspring too! :angry:
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @orenjiAi I think that's the hook-up part of the mod, you can delete any file with hook-up in it and it shouldn't happen anymore (if it's a problem for you).