Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone got multiple uni degrees for your sims?

Well first question is are we allowed to do so?

What made you do it? Will you use the second degree?

I got this sim who i think I want to be my "forever" sim. Meaning she can't age up nor die. She already has degree in Language & Literarcy and is a private attorney. She makes $873/hr but i know she will have to quit her job to make times on her schedule. Decisions Decisions lol
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes, it's possible. Your sim's second (and next) degree(s) will need fewer credits though.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    In one of my saves, the dad is a perpetual student. He's got three so far, and I only decided to have him take a few weeks off because it was distracting me from getting the teenagers through their magic training. (And he completed the Renaissance Sim aspiration, which doesn't require three degrees, but getting the degrees seemed to count for the complete three jobs so...)

Of course, he and mom have investments, magic, his scripts, her paintings, the garden and her career as Patron of the Arts to support them... (let's put it this way, when the kids head off to Uni, they're getting plenty of money to cover both Uni expenses and each of them starting off on their own once University is over.)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes I have one Sim with like 6 degrees. I just wanted him to collect them all for no reason really. He lives off the scholarship money because he has so many skills lol.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Yes, I have one sim who got three degrees in Biology, Economics and Physics because I liked playing with him in the university dorms. There is not really any benefit in doing it though.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Yes, it's possible. Your sim's second (and next) degree(s) will need fewer credits though.

That actually might be a good thing haha.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Yes I have one Sim with like 6 degrees. I just wanted him to collect them all for no reason really. He lives off the scholarship money because he has so many skills lol.

And see that is how I want my sim to be. A super sim haha. I usually play these sims and let them die, but this one has become really special to me..if that makes sense lol
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • MomofSCMJJAMomofSCMJJA Posts: 1 New Member
    I have EARNED additional degrees, but they aren't listed on my Simology. Only the first degree and the mixology certificate are listed. I never received a diploma for the wall either past the first one. Kind of bummed.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    I have EARNED additional degrees, but they aren't listed on my Simology. Only the first degree and the mixology certificate are listed. I never received a diploma for the wall either past the first one. Kind of bummed.

@MomofSCMJJA hmmm, I've had a few sims with two degrees each & they all had two diplomas to put on their walls.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I have one Sim with five degrees and working on his sixth, just because I felt like having one sim get them all. He's also completed the university sports team career and is working on e-sports. He only needs 8 classes to finish a new degree, instead of the 12 needed for the first degree.

As for using his degrees, I plan to have him eventually max all branches of all careers. Of course, most of them will have to wait until he finishes with university to avoid scheduling conflicts. This is a long-term project and not one I'm in a hurry to finish.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I definitely want to do this at some point but as I usually play with the Normal lifespan, and keep aging switched off during university play, it will slow my save down a lot.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2020
    I have a sim with a mixology certification and 2 degrees. He never had to quit his job while going to college. Sometimes I leave work early, go to work late, or use a vacation day. It's manageable; you don't have to quit. If you have 5 vacation days, that covers a whole semester right there, though you don't even need 5.

One of my sims is switching from an astronaut to a teacher, so that's why I got him a second degree in education. Another sim is just an egg head and wanted to learn robotics on the side so I got degrees to complement that. They look nice in the sim panel, lol.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I had a professional student when I played Sims 3 -- maybe I should start another one this time around. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    What I did for my forever sim that was getting multiple degrees was, first, I got 2 of the degrees and would only take a week in between degrees, allowing her a small bit of time to catch up with her friends I made her isolate from getting them.

She will be getting more degrees as well. I will also be getting her to 4 star celebrity and ensuring she gets the points needed to allow her the fame perk to quit a job at the level she stopped at and if she returns anytime she will be at that same level, not working her way up.

I plan to have her go thru different jobs until I find the one I want her to stay with, collecting the different items you get from those jobs, and make her max out the careers. She can use many of these items to furnish her home with, and having the degrees will help her start higher so she stops higher if I stop her sooner than max rank.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    After a certain number of degrees a sim should be awarded a DR certification.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    After a certain number of degrees a sim should be awarded a DR certification.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• 112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    mine has almost all, and they never needed less credits
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    I can't even finish uni with one sim once it takes so long :|
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    112061 wrote: »
    mine has almost all, and they never needed less credits

The first degree requires (12?) classes to graduate. But additional degrees only require 8 classes. So if you go full time, the first degree takes 3 weeks, while subsequent degrees take only 2 weeks.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    My vampire sim has almost all degrees, i mean what else to do when you're immortal.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    My vampire sim has almost all degrees, i mean what else to do when you're immortal.

Master all aspirations
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »

Master all aspirations

This is why I would do it.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I am impressed by those of you who managed to make it not only one time, but agian and again. I cant stand uni expansion packs and i never bought them but i am thinking of buying this one when it goes on sale.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    When you do all degrees do you do the normal ones or the distinguished ones?

I'm thinking of having one of my supersims do all of them but since she is so skilled and all all the distinguished degrees are available for her.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I haven't played with DU yet, but I have plans for at least one of my sims to complete at least two degrees. He is going to study Drama at Britechester and become a musical actor as a young adult, but later decide to change careers and probably study Language and Literature or Fine Art from home. It's great for storytelling and lots of people study more than one degree in real life, so why not? It could be for various reasons, such as wanting a career change or simply for their own/your enjoyment. You could also think of an additional degree being like a postgraduate degree.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    When you do all degrees do you do the normal ones or the distinguished ones?

I'm thinking of having one of my supersims do all of them but since she is so skilled and all all the distinguished degrees are available for her.

My current Sim is doing the normal Biology degree; I had him in the Athlete career but he wasn't very skilled in Fitness yet. Do you just need high skills to qualify for the distinguished degree or are there other requirements? I might have him take up some instruments (he's getting up there with singing; I have him sing in the shower to gain a little bit of skill) and go for a Fine Arts after he finishes Biology.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Your Sim's high school grade also affects the chances of getting a distinguished degree offer. A and B improve chances, C has no effect, D and F reduce chances. Does not apply to Sims made in CAS as YA or older.

Sims can also improve their chances of getting a distinguished degree offer by flaunting fame or donating to the university, but those carry a risk of failure which will reduce chances instead. Check the phone's Work menu after you've applied to find Flaunt Fame and Give "Donation" to University. These commands only appear if your Sim has enough fame or money to use them. I'm not sure what the requirements are.

Best skills for Biology are Fitness, Gardening, and Logic. Wellness and Veterinarian also help.
    Best skills for Fine Art are Painting, Photography, and Violin. Piano and Pipe Organ also help. (Guitar skill doesn't.)