Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets Investigation: Disappearing/Teleporting mysteriously suddenly.

Facing the same issue with the "disappearing" pets, regardless of traits (and happiness). I made a test game for checking pets. So far, no disappearances. it may be related to "no trespassing' flags - check if yours are enabled?
The only thing I noticed/been doing prior to Eco Life.

Comments

• Options
    KARRKITTKARRKITT Posts: 261 Member
    edited July 2020
    Report: Tested three families. On third purposely chose "no trespassing - friends" and in the middle of interaction with cat, both pets (cat & dog) went poof! The icons there, grayed/greyed out. Undid that and they're back.
    Edit-add: Even undoing that, something isn't quite cleared with the pets so they still go off.

Families 1 (left alone no trespass) & 2 (touched trespass; left alone the 'friends' one) have no pet issues so far. Family 3, having issues with pets. And all because just turned on "no trespassing" on the friends option.
  • Options
    Report 2:
    full house (sim + 7 dogs): trespassing not touched. pets poof off.
    hmmm...
  • Options
    Report 3: Disabled in the options npc ability to vote. For me, full household test doggos havent gone off since. Apparently, the game is a wee bit confused between what is an actual sim and a pet sim.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I have the same issue, but haven’t touched any of the trespassing door options. I’m also getting the issue with npc voting disabled. This thread here has been disscusing possibilities if you’re interested https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978312/fix-for-pets-disappearing#latest
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, if you are still having issues please report it in our Sims AHQ. Here is the link:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top