Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 is NOT on Sale in Steam's 2020 Summer Sale?!??

2...Next

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Purchasing TS3 and its EP/SPs by way of Origin codes from unauthorized re-sellers is not illegal or even against any rules, EA themselves say it's fine. But players should know that doing so opens up the player to the risk of the game or its packs having their registrations revoked if not right away, sometimes months or years later if it is discovered that the licenses were obtained in a way that EA was never paid for them, and then the game or its packs won't load and often the player won't know why until they contact Customer Support. The player does not have the same kind of recourse with unauthorized re-sellers that they do when purchasing through Origin or an authorized one.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Hal2003Hal2003 Posts: 27 Member
    I think the codes on Instant Gaming are from retail copies. Like the sims 3 worlds no more retail copies they are out of stock.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited July 2020
    Hal2003 wrote: »
    I think the codes on Instant Gaming are from retail copies. Like the sims 3 worlds no more retail copies they are out of stock.

Yeah, I saw that. Barnacle Bay is more than $100-something dollars! You can just buy it for the lesser full price at Origin or the Sims 3 Store.

• MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Does Origin even put sims 3 on sale anymore? I decided i want to get a pack or two but i guess steam is my best option. I hope they have it on their next sale. All my digital sims 3 packs i got from steam.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    I've been looking for sales for the past year and I haven't seen anything. I want the packs I don't have, but 40$ seems a bit steep for an older game that is broken without mods. Yes the packs are worth it, but EHH.
    Mareah wrote: »
    Does Origin even put sims 3 on sale anymore? I decided i want to get a pack or two but i guess steam is my best option. I hope they have it on their next sale. All my digital sims 3 packs i got from steam.

I don't think I've ever seen it on sale at Origin in a long time. But it used to always be on sale reliably at Steam during their winter and summer sales. This is the first time I've seen it to not be on sale. The summer sale has already finished and I was hoping that they would put it on sale now, but so far, nope!
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    I've been looking for sales for the past year and I haven't seen anything. I want the packs I don't have, but 40$ seems a bit steep for an older game that is broken without mods. Yes the packs are worth it, but EHH.

The game is not broken like TS4 that needs a ton of mods just for the sims to do what they are supposed to do. I've been able to play TS3 without mods and so have a lot of other people.

I think the reason why it's no longer on sale much is because the demand for it is able to bear selling it at it's current price. It IS a pretty great game for its age and there is so much to do in it that people still play it after so many years!

I think Steam would have to put it on sale sooner or later - I still check every week.

• McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    edited July 2020
    Strange how it wasn't on sale. I've bought The Sims 3 twice. I have all the original discs (in mint condition on my bookshelf) that I bought in 2010-2014

Then a few years back I bought the entire collection on steam for less than £30 my money, which is ironic, because when The Sims 3 first came out I was paying that PER DISC. :D

I got lucky with a 95% sale. I wonder why EA didn't do it this year.

Could be a sign of diminishing returns, I assume everyone who likes the sims game already has the sims 3 from previous sales making sales a little obsolete? Perhaps they need the full money to cover costs of keeping it up at all. i don't know.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    OMG I am so pleased seeing this thread that I purchased the full steam version of the S3 series when it was on sale a year or so ago for around 79 sterling and while I have never used it because I own everything on origin and Disc I bought it as a back up at the time if everything else failed as the idea of not having 3 somewhere for me to play is not good for my health :)

I agree and a little off topic that since Covid I have also noticed an increase in price of all sorts of things that used to be in the sales and I can only think this is due to a captive market and while I don't like the practice I doubt in the scheme of things it will ever go away.

Maybe steam rotate their sales? could it be that?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Steam did have a summer sale as per their usual schedule, though. No one can really say, but the prevailing theory is that they skipped over TS3 this time around because they are now carrying TS4 as per just a couple of weeks prior to the sale with introductory pricing and perhaps they did not want the two games competing with each other in quite that way.

It has also been noted on the Steam forums that this isn't the first time that TS3 was skipped over on one of these sales, but it had apparently been quite a while since the last time that happened.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Ya i was hoping i was on the fence about getting into the future. I really want island expansion but afraid of it not working
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Steam did have a summer sale as per their usual schedule, though. No one can really say, but the prevailing theory is that they skipped over TS3 this time around because they are now carrying TS4 as per just a couple of weeks prior to the sale with introductory pricing and perhaps they did not want the two games competing with each other in quite that way.

It has also been noted on the Steam forums that this isn't the first time that TS3 was skipped over on one of these sales, but it had apparently been quite a while since the last time that happened.

Ah yes I forgot they have Sims 4 on steam now. That would make sense, trying to peddle that instead of 3.

ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D