Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tales of Camelot - 3.65: What you Truly Wish - Updated 21/02/2024

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Ahh sorry about the late reply. @_sims_Yimi is right. I was preparing to do a Time Traveller's challenge set in the Tang Dynasty Period when I stumbled onto ToC. Her story inspired me to focus on Imperial life. Yimi is the true mastermind who suggested the collab. :smiley:
  • yellowduckyyellowducky Posts: 12 New Member
    > @_sims_Yimi said:
    > Hi @yellowducky ! Do you mean the letters, or the wordpress chapters? I’m a little confused about what you mean. =)
    >
    > @Duvelina(Spoiler)
    >
    > @ArcherDK Thank you for your feedback!(Spoiler)

The chapters are too much ,you should put more pictures and the words at the bottom .
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I'm not sure what's so confusing about the chapters. I have a tendency to read the words and then look at the pictures.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @_sims_Yimi and @mercuryfoam so creative! I love it. Makes me want to do something similar but I have no idea which culture I would pick. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    Dear @_sims_Yimi
    Your story is full of drama and illustrated with pictures that emphasize the moods perfectly.
    It was a coincidence that I fell over your banner ... it made me curious ... now I'm on the hook <3
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 It's a lot of fun! Definitely give it a try if you get the chance :smiley:

@MonaSolstraale Hello! Thank you for reading, I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far. :blush: Hopefully you'll continue to be hooked!

Well, there we are. The epilogue to the first chapter is out. I must say, this has been a lot of fun, both the writing of the story and reading everyone's comments on it. :blush: Thank you all for sticking with Arthur and Morgana so far! I'm going to take some time to get things ready for the next chapter, or at least as ready as they can get. Most of which boils down to downloading a ton of CC. :D
    As for the future... be ready for a ride. ;)
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    I've thoroughly enjoyed this first chapter. Cannot wait to read more. You're a great writer, Yimi!
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited July 2020
    How exciting! You know now that you've pointed out the thing about Morgana's eyes, I can definitely see them changing colour.

That epilogue was actually far sweeter than I expected, minus the obvious part. Are you trying to give us false sense of hope? :D

Really adored their childhood arc, I'm sad to see this part of their lives end and the innocence lost (in more sense than one, and in some more than others, of course). But at the same time I can't wait to see what they all look like as teens and how they will have developed in the years we'll leave them "unattended."

Awesome introduction to the story woop woop! <3
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    Girl, really love the ending there! Its so lovely to see everyone doing well, looking forward to the future, bonding and being supportive of one another and not needing to put on their political masks. I've always thought of Arthur as a brave/righteous boy because of how he decided to admit to Gawain his weakness and flaws, a commoner whom he absolutely looks down upon. And then him giving his little dragon gift despite the dragon being "crude" and "imperfect" again highlights these traits of his. I can't wait to see what he becomes. Gahh i can't wait for Merlin to hop into the picture either.

Btw, was the sorceress that died Ygraine's sister? Im assuming they're related since the story hints at it so strongly. What with Ygraine saying "Not again." When referring to Morgana. And is the mystery surrounding how Ygraine died done on purpose? I'd really like to know how magic took her away from Uther. Was it really magic which took Ygraine away from him? Or was it THIS particular action of his which propelled her to use/involve magic and now he's blaming everything on magic users? I'm so curious as to did he develop his hate before or after the... uh.. massacre.

Again, this was supposed to be short and then I went on and on. Sigh. Ima pull an Uther and point my finger at you for such a compelling story that make my cogs spin madly. Congratulations again! 😄
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    What a cliffhanger :o ...
    I had been waiting for a child to be born in May ... but I hadn't guessed it was Morgana :#<3
    edited July 2020
    What an amazing ending to the first part! I have so many questions!
    What really happened do Ygraine?

If Gaius knew about Morgana's birth month and he's seen her abilities, is he willingly protecting Morgana even knowing she could destroy the family and kingdom? Why?

What will Morgana do now with all her information now that the illusion is shattered? Will she continue to learn about her magic abilities? How will she cope with such a heavy burden?

And dear Arthur, he's actually kinda sweet, will she ever tell him? If she doesn't, will it drive a wedge between siblings? I really do hope he changes the kingdom for the better.

And Gawain... can I just say I love this boy! He's one of my favorite characters. I loved his sweet and innocent view of the world. I hope it never shatters. He deserves a good future.

Will Uther have to answer for his ugly solution to the prophecy? How did he not know the day of the birth of his own daughter? Unless my prediction holds and Morgana isn't actually his child... :naughty:

In the original Arthurian legend, I believe it was Arthur, not Uther, who killed the May babies. What made you decide to change this? Of course, this makes Arthur even more likable and Uther more detestable.

And the million dollar question... will we see Merlin again and will he come to Morgana's rescue? :open_mouth: Okay technically that was two questions.
    :lol:

Btw, did you decide on whether you'll get Realm of Magic?

Okay okay, I know you probably can't and won't share the answers to all these questions because spoilers, but I'm really enjoying this story and I'm invested in the characters and future of Camelot. It's so well written with the right amount of character and world development, compelling intrigue and cute moments, and downright disturbing prophecies and spine chilling back story. I'm not at all good at moving quickly through my stories so I'm impressed. :sweat_smile::grimace: I'm really looking forward to future parts.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

That epilogue was actually far sweeter than I expected, minus the obvious part. Are you trying to give us false sense of hope? :D

I couldn't have said it better. I was thinking the exact same thing about how sweet the first part of the chapter was and just waiting for the switch. Gah! It was well done.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @Duvelina Thank you! I really enjoyed writing it. Here's to you being here for the second chapter, too!

@ThePlumbob I aged them all up this weekend, and I must say, saying goodbye to their little child faces was pretty difficult! :D That, and everyone came out the other end of the birthday candles looking like the most horrific fashion disasters. Except Gawain. For some reason. :D

@mercuryfoam Aaah, I can't answer those questions because spoilers! Sharply noticed, though! :smiley:
    Uther wants you to know that you all all unworthy of "Pulling an Uther" as well as he does. :D

@MonaSolstraale I'm glad the plot twist came as a surprise to you! That's all I was aiming for. :blush:

@AdamsEve1231 Oh dear. There's so many I can't answer. But I'll try. :D
    I can't answer this one, I'm afraid. You'll find out eventually, though! If my game doesn't crash and burn first from me mistakenly installing TS3 CC. :sweat_smile:

If Gaius knew about Morgana's birth month and he's seen her abilities, is he willingly protecting Morgana even knowing she could destroy the family and kingdom? Why?
    Can't answer this one, either... forgive me!

What will Morgana do now with all her information now that the illusion is shattered? Will she continue to learn about her magic abilities? How will she cope with such a heavy burden?
    I can sort of answer this one? She's about to mature into a different person in order to cope with the knowledge she now has. Arthur and Gawain are her anchors at the moment. If they hadn't done what they'd done in the epilogue, that light would not have returned to her eyes, and she'd be a very different person next chapter. :sweat_smile:

And dear Arthur, he's actually kinda sweet, will she ever tell him? If she doesn't, will it drive a wedge between siblings? I really do hope he changes the kingdom for the better.
    I hope so, too. As soon as he stops autonomously devouring all my dinner scene preparations. I gave him the sweet tooth trait in the game, and BOY, does it get annoying! xD

Will Uther have to answer for his ugly solution to the prophecy? How did he not know the day of the birth of his own daughter? Unless my prediction holds and Morgana isn't actually his child... :naughty:
    That one I can answer! Because Uther wasn’t actually present to witness the birth. According to le internets, apparently, childbirth In noble households was quite the taboo subject and it was done all hush-hush. Being “in the family way” instead of being pregnant, the woman retreating to a secondary home with maidservants until after the birth while the man stayed behind, etcetera. Plus, Uther went on a raid against commoner rebellion, so he wasn’t even near the castle when Morgana was born. Gaius was supposed to announce the birth to him.

In the original Arthurian legend, I believe it was Arthur, not Uther, who killed the May babies. What made you decide to change this? Of course, this makes Arthur even more likable and Uther more detestable.
    Hey, another one I can answer! In the original legend, May Day was very casually mentioned. As if the murder of a few dozen infants didn’t matter. It’s also completely incompatible with Arthur’s portrayal as a fair, just king. It makes no sense. I hated it, so I changed it. I couldn’t get rid of it though, so father and son got swapped.

And the million dollar question... will we see Merlin again and will he come to Morgana's rescue? :open_mouth: Okay technically that was two questions. :lol:
    :smirk:

I did, and I think I won't be getting it. I love that portal and the magic effects in the game, but there's actually only a handful of animations, and I can't justify the price. I want to get Jungle Adventure and Outdoor Retreat too, you see :sweat_smile: Only one can make the cut, and I'm still in doubt on which one.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »

@ThePlumbob I aged them all up this weekend, and I must say, saying goodbye to their little child faces was pretty difficult! :D That, and everyone came out the other end of the birthday candles looking like the most horrific fashion disasters. Except Gawain. For some reason. :D

Because he's a precious cinnamon roll! 😁

@AdamsEve1231 Oh dear. There's so many I can't answer. But I'll try. :D
    I can't answer this one, I'm afraid. You'll find out eventually, though! If my game doesn't crash and burn first from me mistakenly installing TS3 CC. :sweat_smile:

Can't answer this one, either... forgive me!

I can sort of answer this one? She's about to mature into a different person in order to cope with the knowledge she now has. Arthur and Gawain are her anchors at the moment. If they hadn't done what they'd done in the epilogue, that light would not have returned to her eyes, and she'd be a very different person next chapter. :sweat_smile:

I hope so, too. As soon as he stops autonomously devouring all my dinner scene preparations. I gave him the sweet tooth trait in the game, and BOY, does it get annoying! xD

That one I can answer! Because Uther wasn’t actually present to witness the birth. According to le internets, apparently, childbirth In noble households was quite the taboo subject and it was done all hush-hush. Being “in the family way” instead of being pregnant, the woman retreating to a secondary home with maidservants until after the birth while the man stayed behind, etcetera. Plus, Uther went on a raid against commoner rebellion, so he wasn’t even near the castle when Morgana was born. Gaius was supposed to announce the birth to him.

Hey, another one I can answer! In the original legend, May Day was very casually mentioned. As if the murder of a few dozen infants didn’t matter. It’s also completely incompatible with Arthur’s portrayal as a fair, just king. It makes no sense. I hated it, so I changed it. I couldn’t get rid of it though, so father and son got swapped.

And the million dollar question... will we see Merlin again and will he come to Morgana's rescue? :open_mouth: Okay technically that was two questions. :lol:
    :smirk:

I did, and I think I won't be getting it. I love that portal and the magic effects in the game, but there's actually only a handful of animations, and I can't justify the price. I want to get Jungle Adventure and Outdoor Retreat too, you see :sweat_smile: Only one can make the cut, and I'm still in doubt on which one.

@_sims_Yimi
    Thank you for answering what you could. I knew I probably wouldn't get answers on everything because plot spoilers. Haha.

I try to purchase packs when they're on sale. I really love Outdoor Retreat for campfires and the beautiful world. But Jungle Adventures is fun too and comes with a surprising amount of items.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Lol! I can just picture it, advisors and subjects waiting on Arthur to pass an important decision while he's busy chomping down on a cake :D

Interesting re the packs! I think RoM has some really nice CAS and objects. I never thought Outdoor Retreat had that much content though the world could definitely be useful for your story setting with it not having any roads! Jungle Adventure is beautiful - though admittedly not very 6th century Britain themed haha!

• ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    I'm not crying, you are :cry:
    I've said it in the comment section of your blog, but this epilogue was just beautiful. Beautifully written and masterfully illustrated. It's so sad to think that this is the last time we'll be seeing these kids before they age up. It's so nice that you gave them such an affectionate and emotional last chapter before the next part of their lives. dfknsdkjfndsk I'm sad!

I think the balance between the sweet moments between the kids and the dark reveal at the end was very good. Of course, I'm a ToC stan now, so I love seeing the sweetness between the kids that I've grown to adore, but I'm also already so excited about what's going to unfold after this reveal. I'm sure that we're going to be seeing a lot develop from this revelation!

Just some other random thoughts I haven't already said here or on your blog: I loved seeing Ygraine again, I'm still very intrigued about her character; Arthur's carving turned out really cute! What a cutie, ugh, when did I turn into Arthur's #1 fan?? Explain this to me :neutral:

This epilogue was simply perfect. And again, congrats on completing this first part of your story! I truly cannot wait for the next part to begin. :love:

@ajamkeevin I'm so sorry the answer came so late! The last week has been crazy hectic. :D I was really sad when writing their last chapter, too. It's insane how attached you can get to random bunches of pixels. If you want, I can post the birthday party pictures here later, so you can see what a disaster that was XD at least nothing caught fire.

@DeafSimmer Hi! Welcome to Camelot, and I'm very glad you like it! I love how you linked that pose to Maleficent - she's been an absolute favourite of mine even before the newest movies came out, and I love how they portrayed her as a fey. Is the sim in your avatar and banner the main character of your story? She's beautiful! :smiley:

On another note. I finally finished making the Prologue. Holy cow, it took forever! And it's not even done yet! There's still a second part! :D

And a new banner, too! I'm super proud of this one. Don't click on the spoiler if you haven't read the chapter yet. :blush:
    Banner-teensa.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    That banner is awesome! Just like the new chapter :D
    I like how Gawain still looks like Gawain as a child xD like, children often change so much that you dont really recognize them but Gawain is like, the same xD
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    Oh my goodness, everybody is so attractive, I don't know if I can handle it 😆 Some exceptionally good genes going on in the Pendragon family... The new banner is beautiful!
    Everyone looks so recognisable. They look so much like they used to. It's great. The pictures are bright and bubbly. It's a joy to look at.

Arthur is handsome. 😍 I'm glad my cinnamon roll is doing okay. And Morgana looks beautiful too.

I missed these characters. Happy to see them again.
    @everyone Oh for plum's sake - the prologue is done and is supposed to be published as a pair, but my electricity decided it wants to try a life of mutiny. Hang on, it's on its way... eventually XD
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    There we go. Here's part two, and sorry for the wait! :D

@Skeilah
    Yes!! I'm so happy about how he turned out. You're right - all kids tend to look the same, to the point where you sometimes wonder where their teen features came from. With faces as well as bodies.
    @DeafSimmer
    Yup, Richard is back. He kept randomly changing into pyjamas during the picture taking, though. Sims will be sims. XD And I agree!
    @ThePlumbob Arthur is ridiculously good-looking. And the game made him - I wanted to see what would happen if I left Uther and Ygraine's kids up to chance (y'know, besides controlling the gender). It feels like I won some kind of sim-lottery. Thank you! I think it improved compared to the previous one. :smiley: I'll change my signature to it in a bit, so people avoid spoilers.
    @Duvelina Haha, me too ^^ And Arthur has no business being that handsome. I mean, for crying out loud - I tried putting a handlebar mustache on Arthur, and he STILL looks good! :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg